Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

First page Previous page 1 ... 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 ... 2263 Next page Last page  View All

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #36626 of 56562 (45146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

http://anti-joke.com/...-this-guy-with-a-big

This guy with a big orange head walks into a bar.

He spots a very attractive blonde sitting alone.

He orders a bottle of champagne, wraps a $100 bill around it and has it taken to her.

She tells the bartender, if that guy's head wasn't so big and orange a twenty would have been sufficient.

To be continued... by Farflung.

RobertMBlevins

Oct 6, 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #36627 of 56562 (45145 views)
Shortcut

Mark Bennett says in part, regarding Marla Cooper:

Quote:
'But, that's not what happened. She was attacked personally. So, she's gone...'

Baloney. She's gone because she can't answer the hard questions, and because her own family wouldn't back her story. You have a lot of nerve comparing Marla somehow to a Pulitzer winner, I'll give you that. And she was in it for fame and fortune right from the start. Her own Facebook postings prove it.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 6, 2012, 12:28 AM)
Attachments: CapitalizingcommentFBDZ.gif (95.9 KB)
  GraycommentsFBMCDZ.gif (136 KB)
  AADcommentFBDZ.gif (130 KB)
  Marla1.gif (75.8 KB)

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #36628 of 56562 (45142 views)
Shortcut
Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

Georger,

You implied that you could find out if Sheridan Peterson's mud hut in Nepal residence claim had some factual basis.

I agree, he sure would have been noticed.

How about pinging your friends who might know?

Hey, I worked Swains Island on 20M. I was DX schooled by Snowmman himself.

Will be making some more radio HAHO jumps next weekend. Might even try a CB HT. 10-4?

Farflung

Oct 6, 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #36629 of 56562 (45134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkBennett] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Marla was attacked by certain members of this thread who are too cowardly to identify themselves, but may discover a quote with their names prominently featured in short order.

I’ll admit some passing interest in Marla, if one is to consider her elfin eyes, bright smile and ‘come hither Farf’ persona interesting. I would like to become more familiar with her story, which beckons me to her inescapable grasp, as every man with red blood pulsing through his veins, is drawn into a universe of delicate blooms containing a hint of jasmine, which serve as constant reminder of what could have been. This place is known as Marla-topia.

Instead this thread is bathed in ‘girl repellant’ and doused with ‘geek lotion’ for good measure, thus we never know the company of someone like Marla or a similar beauty like the ‘Venus de Milo’ or Helen of Troy.

Instead we get to discuss other suspects (not surface of the Sun, scorching hot Marla) like ‘Big Orange Head’. There…… now I’m depressed.

Marla….. call me!

georger

Oct 6, 2012, 12:53 AM
Post #36630 of 56562 (45133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkBennett] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

That is exactly what Marla was. She had memories from when she was a small child that were rekindled in talking to her father shortly before he died. She talked of asking if she could be hypnotized to help her bring those memories to the surface.

There is a lot of knowledge here that could have done what Eric Nalder does -- help draw our more of her story and tried to figure out things like how could her uncle jump in the dark in an unfamiliar spot, yet be found by his brother and make it to sisters by the next morning.

But, that's not what happened. She was attacked personally. So, she's gone.
Sodium pentathol used to be the protocol of choice -
not sure what protocols apply now, but hypnosis is
completely untrustworthy and even counter -
productive, based on the medical experience I am
familiar with.

RobertMBlevins and Quade would not allow us to
have the forum to go through any process with
Marla. Blevins considers himself an elite informed
'investigator?' and nobody could stop him, so the
result predictable was obtained.

My guess is Blevins saw Marla as direct and badly
timed competition for his damned 'sepher'.

It is very strange just today Blevins recommends to
Jo to go to Agent Ng (the FBI) at Seattle, and even
lays out a protocol for her .. Blevins knows no
bounds when it comes to contradictions, stupidity,
arrogance, and total blindness.

There was nothing anyone here could do (or would
do) to stop Blevins in running Marla off.

Blevin's and AB Book's interests conflicted directly
with Marla being here at all or being given any time
here. Of course Blevins will claim the opposite!

If nothing else Marla should have been allowed to
continue here if only to highlight and possibly bring
out new aspects of the case, but again that
conflicted directly with Mr. Blevin's and the
Moderator's regime.

(This post was edited by georger on Oct 6, 2012, 1:13 AM)

georger

Oct 6, 2012, 1:09 AM
Post #36631 of 56562 (45128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Georger,

You implied that you could find out if Sheridan Peterson's mud hut in Nepal residence claim had some factual basis.

I agree, he sure would have been noticed.

How about pinging your friends who might know?

Hey, I worked Swains Island on 20M. I was DX schooled by Snowmman himself.

Will be making some more radio HAHO jumps next weekend. Might even try a CB HT. 10-4?

PM or post me some dates and places as exact as
you can, rather than me having to dig this out of
Sail's posts. Especially anything about the route
he took in if that is known, what village(s) he lived
in ... anything of a factual nature.

I can definately make a few inquiries and it wouldnt
take much to get the ball rolling.

Has Sailshaw made any inquiries he can share?

Below was previously posted - - -
----------------------------------------------------

'In 1970 after working for the International Training Consultants developing curriculum on such topic as land reform, and village and hamlet finances, he and his Filipina wife went to Pokhara, Nepal where he wrote an eight hundred and twenty-six page novel protesting the Vietnam War. It was an eye-witness documentary detailing the grisly crimes committed by our troops and secret agents. Publishers would have nothing to do with it. The reading public did not want to know such things, they contended. Ignorance is bliss.

Peterson's two and a half years in Nepal were the happiest time of his life. He and his wife lived in a mud hut near the base of Annapurna. They had no running water, electricity, sewerage, nor heat. What's more they had no idea what was going on in the world, and he loved it. His two children were born in Nepal. Sheridan Jr. was born at the Sanabuwan Missionary Hospital in Katmandu. It was an ancient Rana Palace on a mountain top overlooking the city. His daughter, Ginger, was born at the Shining Mission Hospital in Pokhara. It was comprised of a dozen tiny British World War II Quonset huts. Peterson made the delivery. The British doctor, a very tough woman lib, declared that it was the duty of every father to deliver their child. Peterson insists that it was the most nerve racking experience of his life.

In 1973 broke, Sheridan returned to Vietnam and got a job designing curriculum for Lear Siegler Aircraft Ltd. at Bien Hoa Air Base...'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This post was edited by georger on Oct 6, 2012, 1:25 AM)

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 1:24 AM
Post #36632 of 56562 (45118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

All I know is mud hut (at base of Annapurna?) with his wife in Nov 1971.

Sailshaw may have more specific info.

georger

Oct 6, 2012, 1:28 AM
Post #36633 of 56562 (45116 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

This caught my attention:

'In 1970 after working for the International Training Consultants developing curriculum on such topic as land reform, and village and hamlet finances, he and his Filipina wife went to Pokhara, Nepal ..."

Let me make one call tomorrow - no game here
this weekend so people are free.

RobertMBlevins

Oct 6, 2012, 2:09 AM
Post #36634 of 56562 (45112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

This caught my attention:

'In 1970 after working for the International Training Consultants developing curriculum on such topic as land reform, and village and hamlet finances, he and his Filipina wife went to Pokhara, Nepal ..."

Let me make one call tomorrow - no game here
this weekend so people are free.

Georger: what 'caught your attention' is the bio I posted (which Sheridan wrote himself) from when he ran for a school board position in California. You're welcome.

You assume a lot about me, and actually know nothing. And you don't even have the guts to give credit when it's due. I respect your knowledge on the Cooper case, but your negativity can be an issue. Your anger at me forced you into phony quotes and genuine insults. Why is this? Do you really hate me SO much that you sit up nights worrying about it? You're banning me from your browser. Geoff Gray said I was untrustworthy. You poke fun at our housecleaning business. You've even made comments about Gayla. There is no end to it, but all you do is make yourself look cheap. Yeah, I work for a living. Don't see anything particularly wrong with that as long as it's honest.

I'm not sure where you got the idea Quade and I were in collaboration somehow. LOL he's banned me twice. You are certainly funny sometimes, I swear.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 6, 2012, 2:13 AM)

MeyerLouie

Oct 6, 2012, 3:51 AM
Post #36635 of 56562 (45657 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Marla was attacked by certain members of this thread who are too cowardly to identify themselves, but may discover a quote with their names prominently featured in short order.

I’ll admit some passing interest in Marla, if one is to consider her elfin eyes, bright smile and ‘come hither Farf’ persona interesting. I would like to become more familiar with her story, which beckons me to her inescapable grasp, as every man with red blood pulsing through his veins, is drawn into a universe of delicate blooms containing a hint of jasmine, which serve as constant reminder of what could have been. This place is known as Marla-topia.

Instead this thread is bathed in ‘girl repellant’ and doused with ‘geek lotion’ for good measure, thus we never know the company of someone like Marla or a similar beauty like the ‘Venus de Milo’ or Helen of Troy.

Instead we get to discuss other suspects (not surface of the Sun, scorching hot Marla) like ‘Big Orange Head’. There…… now I’m depressed.

Marla….. call me!

Farflung, get a hold of yourself (maybe you have already). I'm betting your pictures of Marla are sittin' on top of the water tank in your bathroom, all stuck together. Snap out of it, Farflung!

mrshutter45

Oct 6, 2012, 7:09 AM
Post #36636 of 56562 (45635 views)
Shortcut
Marla [In reply to] Can't Post

I found nothing Hypnotizing about Marla other than on a MILF scale of 1-10 she would be about a 6!

unfortunately she made more mistakes than Knoss, records show that granny had a very small house in Sisters Oregon (see photo) no other records were found.

Granny was also very ill around the time of the hijacking (not in town baking pies)

she gave two separate locations as to where he jumped. (wooded area.....flat farm land)

she still hasn't explained why LD was born 9/17/31 and brother 8/11/31 all records indicate a 1933 birth. this makes LD only 38 in 1971.

when you put yourself in the public eye you can rest assure that you also open yourself up to judgement and people trying to validate your claims, this includes contacting members of the Family and friends, all part of the game.

not long after Marla's story came out Sisters did there own investigation and was disappointed at the conclusions Cool
Attachments: grndma.JPG (58.4 KB)

sailshaw

Oct 6, 2012, 8:04 AM
Post #36637 of 56562 (45616 views)
Shortcut

377:

With regards to Sheridan in Nepal in a mud hut, my friends that trecked and climed in Nepal in those day say they saw no mud huts or knew of anyone that lived in mud huts. Sheridan had to create his "perfect alibi" of being in Nepal and delivering one of his children about the time of the NORJACK caper. A good question is what is the birthday date of Sheridan's son Sheridan Jr? How close to the November NORJACK date was the birth? Snowmman where are you as you always seem to have all the answers.

The delivering his child at the time of NORJACK was the special part of the alibi for the FBI to leave him alone all this time. How close are the two times? It was not common for husbands to be in the delivery room but I was there for both of my daughters and cut the umbi-cord and could have claimed to have delivered the daughters. My daughters were born at about that same area when husbands were allowed to do those things. How convenient for the perfect alibi to be able to add the delivery and the dates. However, what was the delivery date? How close to the NORJACK date?

Bob Sailshaw
sailshaw@aol.com

smokin99

Oct 6, 2012, 9:42 AM
Post #36638 of 56562 (45594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sailshaw] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
In reply to:
377:

With regards to Sheridan in Nepal in a mud hut, my friends that trecked and climed in Nepal in those day say they saw no mud huts or knew of anyone that lived in mud huts. Sheridan had to create his "perfect alibi" of being in Nepal and delivering one of his children about the time of the NORJACK caper. A good question is what is the birthday date of Sheridan's son Sheridan Jr? How close to the November NORJACK date was the birth? Snowmman where are you as you always seem to have all the answers.

The delivering his child at the time of NORJACK was the special part of the alibi for the FBI to leave him alone all this time. How close are the two times? It was not common for husbands to be in the delivery room but I was there for both of my daughters and cut the umbi-cord and could have claimed to have delivered the daughters. My daughters were born at about that same area when husbands were allowed to do those things. How convenient for the perfect alibi to be able to add the delivery and the dates. However, what was the delivery date? How close to the NORJACK date?

Bob Sailshaw
sailshaw@aol.com

I don't know how much credence I would give to the fact that no one saw "mud huts".
In 1971, Nepal and surrounds looks like a pretty big place with varied landscape and living conditions to me.....http://vimeo.com/23175499

And this guy had to have a trekking permit to go to Nepal in 1971 so I'm wondering how easy it was to get in and out of there without leaving a paper trail....
http://aroundtheworldblog.blogspot.com/...nepal-and-tibet.html

However, if anyone could do it...It would probably be Sheridan Peterson SmileSmile He's led a most interesting life.

(This post was edited by smokin99 on Oct 6, 2012, 9:51 AM)

mrshutter45

Oct 6, 2012, 9:48 AM
Post #36639 of 56562 (45589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:
In reply to:
377:

Bob Sailshaw
sailshaw@aol.com

I don't know how much credence I would give to the fact that no one saw "mud huts".
In 1971, Nepal and surrounds looks like a pretty big place with varied landscape and living conditions to me.....http://vimeo.com/23175499

that was a common structure way before the 70's in a lot of Countries, gotta say myth busted on this one Cool

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #36640 of 56562 (45583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

Smokin99 wrote
Quote:
However, if anyone could do it...It would probably be Sheridan Peterson He's led a most interesting life.

Sheridan was super qualified for the Norjack jump, but hard evidence linking him to the crime (so far) is lacking. The FBI thought he was an intersting suspect and contacted him several times. Only DNA got them off his back.

Sheridan is very old and seriously ill. I sure wish someone like Bruce could interview him while he is still alive. He's a bit paranoid. I bought him a bountiful holiday basket (delivered by Bruce to friends of Sheridan) for which he was initially pleased and grateful, but soon he was calling me (in posts) FBI-CIA and it went downhill from there. I'm
an old jumper and so is he. I'd just like to trade some yarns with him and see what he thinks about Norjack. Of course he'd never admit to being DBC. I'd just like to hear what he has to say.

I still see a lot of Norjack parallels, subtle ones and glaring ones, in his novel, The Idiots Frightful Laughter. That doesn't make him DBC though.

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #36641 of 56562 (45582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Marla [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr Shutter wrote
Quote:
I found nothing Hypnotizing about Marla other than on a MILF scale of 1-10 she would be about a 6!

Care to explain the MILF acronym? I am far from being PC but don't you think publicly rating Marla's desirability as someone you'd like to fk is a bit disrespectful to her? She was pretty brave to present at the symposium, kinda like walking into the lions den. She didn't have handlers and didn't dodge questions. Maybe she has misinterpreted childhood memories and maybe she sought media attention, but I thought she handled herself pretty well. Sure she was attractive but she wasn't using sex to sell her story. Do I think LD was DBC? Nope.
Do I think Marla was a cynical liar seeking to profit from a fake story? Nope.

Flame away. I have a Nomex jumpsuit.

Robert99

Oct 6, 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #36642 of 56562 (45572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Physics of freefall from near space.

http://www.wired.com/...-similar-to-reentry/

If Felix Baumgartner EXCEEDS the speed of sound, it will have to be at very high altitude, 80,000 feet or above. Below 80,000 feet, he will probably be decelerating.

If he doesn't make it past Mach 1 at high altitude, he won't exceed it at all.

The air blast, even at Mach 1, will not be a big factor. The heat rise at Mach 1 will be of little consequence.

Baumgartner should not experience anything that others haven't already experienced during emergency ejections.

Lockheed has stated that SR-71 crew members have ejected successfully at maximum speed and altitude using what is basically a standard ejection seat (not a capsule). The exact speed and altitude capabilities of the SR-71 have never been revealed. However, a speed of Mach 3.2 or 3.3 has been acknowledged and the SR-71 set one public record while flying level at 85,000 feet.

In another case a pilot ejected from a high flying aircraft and had his parachute open above 50,000 feet. He apparently was in a climb during the ejection and the parachute accidently opened at the top of his arc. He lived to fly another day.

The thing that would prevent Baumgartner from exceeding Mach 1 at a relatively low altitude is known as wave drag. Wave drag is also the reason no World War II era propeller aircraft could go supersonic. You may make it to Mach 0.999 but you are not going to get to Mach 1.000.

Robert99

RobertMBlevins

Oct 6, 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #36643 of 56562 (45563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert99] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Sailshaw says in part:

Quote:
'With regards to Sheridan in Nepal in a mud hut, my friends that trecked and climed in Nepal in those day say they saw no mud huts or knew of anyone that lived in mud huts...'

Mudbrick huts with thatched roofs in Nepal were in common use years ago, and are still used today in many places. In Nepal, there is Bardia Adventure Resort for example, near the outskirts of Royal Bardia National Park. This is one of many privately-run 'hotels' (a rather generous term) in the area. From a recent review by a foreign traveler who stayed there:

Quote:
'Neighbourhood: Royal Bardia National Park

With its prime location looking out to the buffer zone, this resort has simple thatched mud huts and a large rustic dining hall. The highlight here is the resort’s own animal watchtower...'

This was taken from a review on a travel website. There are many like it, where people mention mudbrick cottages with thatched roofs, although today the majority are using more modern construction. A picture of a typical Nepali mud hut is here: http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/3200908 Additional picture attached below.

Robert99: That was a good analysis. I was wondering about those factors for Baumgartner's upcoming jump.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 6, 2012, 12:39 PM)
Attachments: westernnepalhuts.gif (275 KB)

smokin99

Oct 6, 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #36644 of 56562 (45554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Robert99: That was a good analysis. I was wondering about those factors for Baumgartner's upcoming jump.

Many questions about Baumgartner's jump - equipment,plan,etc. are answered here. http://www.redbullstratos.com/

There will also be a live stream of the jump, I think. I had my alarm set to remember it, but looks like they've rescheduled it to Tuesday due to weather.

RobertMBlevins

Oct 6, 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #36645 of 56562 (45543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:

Many questions about Baumgartner's jump - equipment,plan,etc. are answered here. http://www.redbullstratos.com/

There will also be a live stream of the jump, I think. I had my alarm set to remember it, but looks like they've rescheduled it to Tuesday due to weather.
That's right. I would suggest anyone who is planning to watch this live to take that link above and make it into a shortcut on your computer desktop screen...so you won't forget. Smile

smokin99

Oct 6, 2012, 1:08 PM
Post #36646 of 56562 (45530 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Quote:

That's right. I would suggest anyone who is planning to watch this live to take that link above and make it into a shortcut on your computer desktop screen...so you won't forget. Smile

BTW... I'd like to offer a big thanks to Robert99 for bringing the Stratos jump and web site to our attention. I had been following info about the jump on and off, but then got sidetracked and forgot that it was coming up soon until he mentioned it.

georger

Oct 6, 2012, 2:09 PM
Post #36647 of 56562 (45520 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Sailshaw says in part:

Quote:
'With regards to Sheridan in Nepal in a mud hut, my friends that trecked and climed in Nepal in those day say they saw no mud huts or knew of anyone that lived in mud huts...'

Mudbrick huts with thatched roofs in Nepal were in common use years ago, and are still used today in many places. In Nepal, there is Bardia Adventure Resort for example, near the outskirts of Royal Bardia National Park. This is one of many privately-run 'hotels' (a rather generous term) in the area. From a recent review by a foreign traveler who stayed there:

Quote:
'Neighbourhood: Royal Bardia National Park

With its prime location looking out to the buffer zone, this resort has simple thatched mud huts and a large rustic dining hall. The highlight here is the resort’s own animal watchtower...'

This was taken from a review on a travel website. There are many like it, where people mention mudbrick cottages with thatched roofs, although today the majority are using more modern construction. A picture of a typical Nepali mud hut is here: http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/3200908 Additional picture attached below.

In reply to:

More RobertMBlevins miss-information.

You guys need to learn something about Nepal!
Note the palm tress in Blevins' "mud hut" photo
taken from the southern Chitawan rainy district.
That is not the area Peterson lived in or describes.
Peterson lived far north of the Chitawan in the arid
Annapurna Diustrict (a different climate zone!)

The Chitawan where Blevin's socalled mud-hut photo
comes from flanks northen India's tropical zone!

There are five or more distinct climate zones in
Nepal, from the monsoon jungles of southern Nepal
to the arid high mountains of the north, with steps
in-between. Housing construction varies from zone
to zone. Thatch has to be imported into the northern
arid zone!

Peterson presumably lived in the Pokhara Annapurna
district. Attached are typical housing photos from
that region ... no mud huts. Housing there is
constructed from mud and straw bricks, or stone
often with an outer white plaster. White is a holy
colour.

Moreover there is no single Annapurna but the
Annapurna Range! Five+ distinct peaks depending
on how you count. [a typical mistake of arm chair
experts]. There is a series of vallies that runs east-
west, south of the Annapurna range; each valley
dotted with villages since ancient times. (the
socalled original urban zone of Nepal). Which area
in this vast area did Peterson live in ?

(This post was edited by georger on Oct 6, 2012, 2:57 PM)
Attachments: mud brick-stone houses annapurna dstrict.jpg (96.6 KB)
  n1 n.JPG (102 KB)
  High Manaslu Annapurna.jpg (102 KB)
  annapurna_range_pokhara small.JPG (92.3 KB)
  BLEVINS PHOTO!.JPG (33.2 KB)
  nepal1 jungle to high mountains.jpg (105 KB)
  TRADITIONAL HOUSING pauwa-villagdistictannapurna.jpg (69.4 KB)

Farflung

Oct 6, 2012, 2:28 PM
Post #36648 of 56562 (45513 views)
Shortcut
Marla And Her Tale [In reply to] Can't Post

In the interest of discussing ‘other suspects’, I want to check out Marla, then review her tale. The fact that her family won’t back up her story is a non-sequitur. RobertMBlevins knows this truly doesn’t matter in the least.

Her story is much more appealing with its supple, pouting appearance complete with a British sports car instead of some station wagon pulling an Airstream, because station wagons pulling Airstreams do much better on snow covered mountain roads.

Plus she said her uncle lost the money, and helllllooooooo….. no one knows where the money is. Much more believable than the other poorly crafted bits of fiction found on this thread.

Did anyone take note that she is the ONLY person to have seen the Dan Cooper comic during a plausible time frame? Another example of how much truer her story is than the ‘others’ which have Big Orange Heads.

RobertMBlevins

Oct 6, 2012, 2:50 PM
Post #36649 of 56562 (45502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] Marla And Her Tale [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
'In the interest of discussing ‘other suspects’, I want to check out Marla, then review her tale. The fact that her family won’t back up her story is a non-sequitur. RobertMBlevins knows this truly doesn’t matter in the least...'

Actually...it matters quite a lot. Marla has claimed that LD and his brother returned to the house on Thanksgiving morning and that LD was injured in an accident. Yet no one else at the house will verify this story, or the comics, not even her mother, and LD was temporarily living at mother's house. Had his own bedroom. One of the things I said about this supposed accident, and the fact that no one who was at that dinner table that night...don't you think someone would have noticed that LD was bleeding all over his turkey dressing? Sister, mother, brother, all were there. None can confirm any of this happened.

Quote:
'Her story is much more appealing with its supple, pouting appearance complete with a British sports car instead of some station wagon pulling an Airstream, because station wagons pulling Airstreams do much better on snow covered mountain roads...'

Never said that IF the trailer and wagon were used, and IF KC was the guy...that he was picked up in the woods. I suggested that he probably walked out to either the main highway, or the nearest telephone. It is only Marla who claims LD was found by his brother in the woods. Using an MG sportscar, no less, without GPS, in wintertime.

Quote:
'Plus she said her uncle lost the money, and helllllooooooo….. no one knows where the money is. Much more believable than the other poorly crafted bits of fiction found on this thread...'

In the first version of her story, Marla said LD landed near Sisters, OR. When it was pointed out to her that the money on Tena Bar could be a problem for that story, she changed the DZ to Washington state...and near the Tena Bar money.

Quote:
'Did anyone take note that she is the ONLY person to have seen the Dan Cooper comic during a plausible time frame? Another example of how much truer her story is than the ‘others’ which have Big Orange Heads...'

Who says he had the comics and that she saw them? Nobody at the house says so except Marla. And where exactly did he obtain these French-language comics? They were mostly distributed in Europe and in parts of French-speaking Canada. It's also very convenient that Marla came forward not a whole long time after the existence of the comic was made public in 2008 by the FBI. When I asked Marla how he may have gotten them, her reply was that 'LD had a car' and probably drove to Canada to get them. LOL.

Wake up, Farf. You've seen her Facebook postings, her gloats about the media and 'capitalizing'. She also claims to take meds for AAD in one of those posts. Her brother, who was there, won't go near her story. Figure it out. I'm sure she's a nice lady in person, and yes, I will agree it took some guts for her to appear at the Symposium. But the FBI found her story without merit, and her publisher figured out the same thing.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 6, 2012, 2:58 PM)

Farflung

Oct 6, 2012, 2:59 PM
Post #36650 of 56562 (45492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Marla And Her Tale [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins responds without a hint of downstream consideration with:

Yet no one else at the house will verify this story, or the comics, not even her mother…”

Soooo…… ummm…… yeah…… gosh (ugh)….. If that’s so important regarding Marla’s story and used to impeach what she said, then I guess I’ve got to get on board and violently agree since I’m a man, and a man who does what he says, because I’ve got a pair. That being said…….

Since Lyle, a brother of a suspect, won’t back up the story, as he said during an interview on 920 AM, then that makes for the immediate and total elimination of Kenny from the suspect pool for the exact same reason.

What say you RobertMBlevins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J834KH43YgE

First page Previous page 1 ... 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 ... 2263 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)