Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

First page Previous page 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... 2111 Next page Last page  View All

Amazon  (D License)

Oct 5, 2012, 8:24 PM
Post #36651 of 52766 (19676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Cool.

It's all about the life support gear, so pray for no malfunctions. Red Bull has spent millions and bought the every best engineering and equipment designed to insure Felix's survival.

Nick Piantanida tried several times to do this jump on a budget and died trying. http://artofmanliness.com/...magnificent-failure/

Its brutal up at those altitudes. You lose O2 or pressure and it's over very fast. Your blood literally boils if your pressure suit fails.

I just want to borrow all the gear... for a speed skydive... I still wanna feel that sonic boom on my toes.

Robert99

Oct 5, 2012, 9:45 PM
Post #36652 of 52766 (19663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Cool.

It's all about the life support gear, so pray for no malfunctions. Red Bull has spent millions and bought the every best engineering and equipment designed to insure Felix's survival.

Nick Piantanida tried several times to do this jump on a budget and died trying. http://artofmanliness.com/...magnificent-failure/

Its brutal up at those altitudes. You lose O2 or pressure and it's over very fast. Your blood literally boils if your pressure suit fails.

I just want to borrow all the gear... for a speed skydive... I still wanna feel that sonic boom on my toes.

Amazon, If you put on all that bulky gear, you wouldn't set any speed records at the lower altitudes.

If successful, Baumgartner will probably go supersonic at somewhere around 80 to 100 thousand feet. After that, it is just a matter of slowing down for the next 13 or 14 miles of the free fall.

Control, or avoiding going into a horizontal spin, will probably be his biggest problem. In one of his first high altitude jumps, Kittinger got into a spin and passed out. His automatic opener paid for itself that day.

Kittinger also used a drogue chute on some of the later jumps to help maintain control. Hopefully, Baumgartner also has one in case he needs it.

The jump has now been rescheduled for Tuesday morning (October 9th) due to expected high winds on Monday. The winds must not be more than 2 MPH during the time the balloon is being filled. That means that if anyone sneezes within five miles of the balloon, they will have problems with it.

But just think of all the improvements that have been made in parachutes, balloons, pressure suits, oxygen equipment, electronics, etc., in the 50 years since Kittinger made his jumps.

Robert99

skyjack71

Oct 5, 2012, 9:56 PM
Post #36653 of 52766 (19658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Passive Aggressive Women to English Phrasebook [In reply to] Can't Post

The conversations you guys are having are not making much sense to me tonight.

Disappointed no one would discuss those last 2 photos on the thread because I really wanted feedback, but seems like you guys just want to play a game.

Well, I am not into games. This is NOT a game for me! My life's mission right now is to get my house in order and to get the FBI to sit down with me and discuss this and someone with me who can keep the details together and straight.

You guys can make a joke out of this or play your games - but NONE of you knew this man the way I did...or thought I did. I did NOT realize until this thread that Duane told me about his life in the third person. The St.Pete article proved that. THE ST.PETE article also (because of another file I have in my possession) is proof the FBI did NOT investigate Weber in any detail.

Weber could NOT be in 2 (two) places at one time! One cannot be in Folsom/SanQuentin and be in ST. PETE at the same time.
This is why I need a good scanner and copier and someone at the FBI to ACTUALLY look at the DAMN files.

I just said somethings I deleted - and it is hard to keep all of this inside.

SmileShockedSlyFrownMad
Farf - I hope you have to CRAP in a thicket of Poison Ivy and Blackberry thorns and a bed of FIRE ants! Then on that evening have to appear at your own Wedding without A/C and be dressed in a Tuxedo.

What you are doing is uncalled for and insulting. I certainly do not do what I do for my health and I am dead earnest. ALL I want is some ANSWERS after the witnesses have seen all of the photos, listened to a tape (of Duane's voice), viewed an old video. I also want the FBI to acknowledge the errors they made in their investigation of Weber or prove their information is true and/or prove the things I have are false (but, State, Military and Government records do not lie) or do they?

If you guys ACTUALLY saw these records - you would have a LOT of question yourself. Yet, the FBI will NOT even acknowledge a simple email and I don't even know if they get any emails I send.

P.S. Do you guys know why I did not go to WA when CARR was there and why I KEPT MY PRESENCE IN WA in OCT OF 2010 a secret until I was getting read to leave (and then I called the Portland FBI - NOT the Seattle FBI). WELL now I will tell you. CARR told me on the phone if I went to WA I would get in trouble - he made it sound like I could get myself arrested - if I had what I have now - I think I would have taken my chances.

I am not organized enough to make a presentation of this to the FBI and I am to emotionally involved. I had hoped this thread might be viewed by someone who could help - but, it has become obvious that someone on this thread could actually unveil Cooper and non of you would be able to see it.

Perhaps I am the blind one - but I knew Weber and I have the files and what the FBI says and what the files say do NOT match.
The time lines are there right down a safe deposit box (one I asked CARR to check on)....NO one wants the story to end - because then you guys wouldn't have anything to debate.

Duane said "I'mmm Dannn Coooouper". None of the suspects any of you presented ever made that statement. NO other person in 41 yrs has persisted as long as I have and regardless of the opinion of the thread - Weber does fit the profile of Cooper! If I did not have the papers and what I knew matched what the FBI claims and we had never taken that trip to WA - we would not have had these discussion nor would I have used up 17 yrs of my life to fight this battle if I was not certain of the cause. It is callled JUSTICE. Something America left behind several yrs ago.

What is left of AMERICA is all about SECRETS rather than an open Goverment.

Decisions for the majority are made behind closed doors. The admendments on the ballots - how many of you actually understand them? I don't and the wording is so tricky even professors are having a hard time deciding what they are actually voting for. The way the wording is there - what you are thinking is a No is a Yes and visa-versa.

(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Oct 5, 2012, 10:22 PM)

RobertMBlevins

Oct 5, 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #36654 of 52766 (19655 views)
Shortcut
I see a short vacation in your future [In reply to] Can't Post

Skyjack 71 says in part:

Quote:
'My life's mission right now is to get my house in order and to get the FBI to sit down with me and discuss this and someone with me who can keep the details together and straight...'

Look...if you were willing to make a trip to Seattle and take what evidence/pictures you have to present, someone at the FBI would probably give you a half-hour of their time. The case agent would be best, but failing that, maybe the media agent. Set up an appointment six to eight weeks in advance...and then buy yourself a round-trip ticket and a cheap hotel room. Booking through American Airlines at least six weeks in advance will cost you $538 for a round-trip ticket. (Miami to Seattle and back) Say another $200 for two nights at an average motel, an additional $200 for transportation, food, and other expenses...you can do the whole thing for under a thousand dollars and probably come home with some of the expense money. You leave on a Monday morning, arrive Monday evening, see the FBI on Tuesday, return home Wednesday.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 5, 2012, 10:13 PM)

Robert99

Oct 5, 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #36655 of 52766 (19642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Passive Aggressive Women to English Phrasebook [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I just said somethings I deleted - and it is hard to keep all of this inside.

SmileShockedSlyFrownMad
Farf - I hope you have to CRAP in a thicket of Poison Ivy and Blackberry thorns and a bed of FIRE ants! Then on that evening have to appear at your own Wedding without A/C and be dressed in a Tuxedo.

Jo, Is the above part of your Kentucky charm? I'll bet Duane loved you for your genteel qualities.

Robert99

smokin99

Oct 5, 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #36656 of 52766 (19641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
In reply to:
Cool.

In his second attempt, the article says that the ground crew had to jettison the balloon so he could come down with the cargo chute that was under the balloon. "When the balloon was released, the gondola, with its door open, tipped forward at a 45 degree angle, but Nick hung on. He dropped for 25,000 feet, speeding towards the earth at 600 mph. After 15 seconds of freefall and 5 g’s of force, the cargo chute finally inflated."
How did the ground crew jettison the balloon? Radio remote control? A Commodore 64 on board? Winknah.. those didn't make it til the 80s I think.
Seriously - how did it work?

On another note...there is a pretty cool interview and video about Kittenger's jump here...
http://www.truthorfiction.com/...tenger-free-fall.htm

377  (F 666)

Oct 5, 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #36657 of 52766 (19637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
How did the ground crew jettison the balloon? Radio remote control? A Commodore 64 on board? nah.. those didn't make it til the 80s I think.
Seriously - how did it work?

You guessed correctly: radio remote control.

Farflung

Oct 5, 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #36658 of 52766 (19633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Passive Aggressive Women to English Phrasebook [In reply to] Can't Post

Skyjack71 daintily interjects:

Farf - I hope you have to CRAP in a thicket of Poison Ivy and Blackberry thorns and a bed of FIRE ants! Then on that evening have to appear at your own Wedding without A/C and be dressed in a Tuxedo.”

Thank goodness I have 600 TPI pillow covers to absorb all the tears I will shed after reading that suggestion. So your husband was a convict? It is hard to believe that ‘opposites attract’ in real life. Yep, rich hang out with the rich, college educated hang with college educated and convicts hang, in gallows. Well, that’s assuming a perfect world.

What exactly is a bed of poison ivy and Blackberry thorns? Is this something that you learned on the farm? I’ve never seen a bed of Blackberry thorns but I have pruned, tied and harvested many an acre of vines. Is that what your suburban dialect was trying to communicate? I’ve never seen a crop of blackberry thorns, but I don’t go around fabricating things either.

Why would you wish me to crap on them? The farm I was raised on would never consider allowing a person to relieve themselves on crops which would ultimately be offered to customers downstream. What sort of low class operation have you been around where people are crapping on finished food product?

So after crapping on someone’s crop of berries, I’m to marry without A/C but dressed in a tuxedo? What sort of VFW, church or convent wouldn’t have multiple HVAC systems? You may want to study some construction science or real estate courses then you would know how utterly absurd that statement appears. No A/C indeed. But what does that have to do with my crapping? I’m not as sophisticated and classy as you are; so have no idea what you mean by that. Is there something wrong with how I crap now, and why do you care so much? My goodness, you care about what I spend my time on, not having a wife or girlfriend and are obsessed with my bowel movements too. How do you have such capacity with no time, husband or boyfriend or people to guide what you do on an internet forum? When did you become so fascinated with my life, as I couldn’t care less about what you do and certainly have never thought about your toilet etiquette? I’m a little disturbed with your fascination over what I do in the bathroom, along with my free time, and who I associate with. Don’t you think you should find some friends and outside activities which will take you mind off my bathroom and when I may be using it?

But if what you imagine me doing with my pants lowered gets you off, I suppose that should not bother me since I’ve lived with this burden and women’s prurient intent my whole life.

Don’t you worry, I’ll still make sure no one talks about Kenny or Duane, just as you demanded. I’m cool like that.

Amazon  (D License)

Oct 5, 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #36659 of 52766 (19629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robert99] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Who said anything about low altitude... I want to go to full altitude... I might even give a boobie flash to get some extra altitudeWink

As I said.. I would do the thing as a speed diveAngelic

Farflung

Oct 5, 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #36660 of 52766 (19623 views)
Shortcut
The Big ‘O’ [In reply to] Can't Post

I was agonizing over what parable, allegory or movie this thread reminds me of, and it was the ‘Big Orange Head’ joke from the 90’s. Just like this thread, it contains lessons on squandered resources, downstream process analysis and is associated with a large group of individuals who simply ‘don’t get it’.

So I see my neighbor ride up on a brand new motorcycle with a hot woman on the back, and he has this big orange head. I asked what happened to him, as I barely recognized him with such a huge head.

He says he found this old lamp and started to rub it, for reasons he wasn’t clear about. But a genie appears and grants him three wishes. Incredulous he wishes for a pile of money and is instantly presented with millions and millions of dollars.

The genie says he has another wish, where the neighbor thinks briefly and says he wants to be surrounded by beautiful women, and in a flash there were dozens of scorching hot girls all around him.

Then for his third wish, and this may be where he went wrong; he asked for a big orange head.
Attachments: Big Orange Head.jpg (155 KB)

skyjack71

Oct 5, 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #36661 of 52766 (19620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] I see a short vacation in your future [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Skyjack 71 says in part:

Quote:
'My life's mission right now is to get my house in order and to get the FBI to sit down with me and discuss this and someone with me who can keep the details together and straight...'

Look...if you were willing to make a trip to Seattle and take what evidence/pictures you have to present, someone at the FBI would probably give you a half-hour of their time. The case agent would be best, but failing that, maybe the media agent. Set up an appointment six to eight weeks in advance...and then buy yourself a round-trip ticket and a cheap hotel room. Booking through American Airlines at least six weeks in advance will cost you $538 for a round-trip ticket. (Miami to Seattle and back) Say another $200 for two nights at an average motel, an additional $200 for transportation, food, and other expenses...you can do the whole thing for under a thousand dollars and probably come home with some of the expense money. You leave on a Monday morning, arrive Monday evening, see the FBI on Tuesday, return home Wednesday.

NOT that simple for me. Flying is very difficult and I would NOT trust the files to shipping. Hotels- well the 2. I stayed in under 100's in 2010 ended up costing me 2 days in recovery because of the chemical they use to clean with. My eyes would hardly open, but both times (one eyes had only very blurred vison). Managed to get myself to another hotel (expensive) and lost a day of research both times.

My health and age makes me only good for about 5 hours per day.... The flights to and from exhausted me in 2010 and I have had 3 surgeries since then!
I have been pushing myself and getting stronger, but can't keep a decent pace for more than 2 days at a time...then a day down not leaving the house. You have to realize that grocery shopping is a major ordeal for me on some days.

1/2 hour - it would take me that long just to show them the prison files very other files.

I need for someone to come to my home and help me get this STUFF in order and put a package together for NOT only the FBI but for the media. NO soap opera or twisting - just present the facts and the picks.

In my opionion that thread in that knife need to be checked agains the cut cords - it is the same color. Yet, I understand the FBI donated that chute to a museusm.

With the holidays comeing - plane flight are not cheap out of here and then there is the car rental on the other end - I can't get in and out of the little cares, but there are several individuals who have offered to pick me ups and drive me - I would inturn pay their gas and room and meals. in the niceplaces - there was a couch to made into a bed and or 2 beds. I am too old to be pretentious and guys don't interst me so no traveling problems of they can get away form work.

Robert99

Oct 5, 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #36662 of 52766 (19616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amazon] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Who said anything about low altitude... I want to go to full altitude... I might even give a boobie flash to get some extra altitudeWink

As I said.. I would do the thing as a speed diveAngelic

You told me quite a while back that the speed dives, at least the ones recognized by the speed diver association, had to be done from under about 20,000 feet.

If you want to do a really high jump and feel the shock waves in your toes, you have to do it feet first. Otherwise, your feet will be inside the shock wave cone.

Robert99

377  (F 666)

Oct 5, 2012, 11:39 PM
Post #36663 of 52766 (19612 views)
Shortcut

Physics of freefall from near space.

http://www.wired.com/...-similar-to-reentry/

RobertMBlevins

Oct 5, 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #36664 of 52766 (19610 views)
Shortcut

Skyjack 71 says in part:

Quote:
'I need for someone to come to my home and help me get this STUFF in order and put a package together for NOT only the FBI but for the media. NO soap opera or twisting - just present the facts and the picks...'

Come on, Jo. You've been pursuing Duane as Cooper since the 1990's. You're on thousands of references and stories regarding Cooper on the internet. Are you telling me that you can't find just ONE member of your local media who might be willing to help you? A reporter from a smaller local paper? Anybody at all? You are a well-known name, more than you might think.

If you approached a reporter in your area and asked them to help assemble an 'evidence package' for the FBI, you may be able to find someone to help prep the package. They're going to want a story on you, though. You should prepare for that, too.

Shipping? Send it FedEx insured/return receipt. It will get to the FBI.

On Baumgartner: My only thought on the jump is this. If he's going to come close to, or even BREAK the sound barrier during his freefall...then his equipment had better be able to withstand some fairly high wind speeds. Not at the higher elevations, but as he transitions into thicker atmosphere. At some point, someWHERE, there is going to be a lot of whipping around of anything loose on the suit. Then he should slow to terminal velocity, right? The key point, the most dangerous point might be that transition from extremely high speed, to slowing in the steadily thickening air.

I call this spot the Danger Zone. At max velocity, Baumgartner is theoretically falling at about 65,000 feet a minute in a vacuum. About 13 miles a MINUTE. (768mph is speed of sound) You start hitting thicker air. You hope the equipment holds until your speed approaches terminal, and that a combination of thicker air, high initial speed, and deceleration doesn't rip a critical piece of equipment before you reach terminal.

It's a guess, but the Danger Zone could lie between 45,000 and 30,000 feet. If he survives below 30K feet, his chances improve greatly.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 6, 2012, 12:12 AM)

MarkBennett

Oct 5, 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #36665 of 52766 (19601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

I was fortunate enough to listen to a presentation by Eric Nalder, multiple time Pulitzer Prize winner. He said when investigating a public story often people would come to him with information. He said they knew they knew something, but they weren't sure what it was. He would have to talk to them and walk them through their story to figure out what it was.

That is exactly what Marla was. She had memories from when she was a small child that were rekindled in talking to her father shortly before he died. She talked of asking if she could be hypnotized to help her bring those memories to the surface.

She did not go public with her story at first, but first talked to a law enforcement officer and then to the FBI. The FBI is very good at finding out if someone is lying. They also can figure out if her memories were wildly inconsistent with the facts. Based on Dietrich's comments, they were not able to disqualify her.

That doesn't mean her memories are perfect. A couple of years ago was the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's assassination. Like many people, I heard about it watching Monday Night Football. That was a very traumatic event that I would have insisted that I could remember almost word for word what Howard Cosell. They replayed it during a special at that time, and I was pretty darned close. But, I was off on a few items. That surprised me that I had forgot those parts.

So, I think Marla was at the beginning of that road. Her memories were close enough that the FBI couldn't disqualify her, but couldn't confirm it either.

There is no question in my mind this board ran her off -- trying to contact her children, writing how many husbands she had, who had custody of her children and other personal items.

There is a lot of knowledge here that could have done what Eric Nalder does -- help draw our more of her story and tried to figure out things like how could her uncle jump in the dark in an unfamiliar spot, yet be found by his brother and make it to sisters by the next morning.

But, that's not what happened. She was attacked personally. So, she's gone.

Farflung

Oct 5, 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #36666 of 52766 (19598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

RobertMBlevins references with incendiary risk:

Come on, Jo. You've been pursuing Duane…”

Please stop discussing Duane as Skyjack71 has begged and pleaded and ‘wished’ this thread would stop, and move on to other suspects. We have too much time on our hands and not enough girlfriends and wives already; do you want MORE time on your hands? I’ll raise mine and vote- NO. I want all my time filled with mindless drudgery and ‘Mommy-Dearest-esque’ cleaning.

Please RobertMBlevins, won’t you respect Skyjhacks71’s wish and stop these discussions about Kenny and Duane as she politely demanded? If YOU must continue to bring up ‘his’ name, could you show some discretion and refer to him as the ‘Big Orange Head’ to deflect any attention to Skyjack71’s spouse? Some sensitivity would go a long way now, and this thread is a breeding ground for logic and sensitivity.

Once again, that’s ‘Big Orange Head’. Your continued adherence is much appreciated.

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #36667 of 52766 (19590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

http://anti-joke.com/...-this-guy-with-a-big

This guy with a big orange head walks into a bar.

He spots a very attractive blonde sitting alone.

He orders a bottle of champagne, wraps a $100 bill around it and has it taken to her.

She tells the bartender, if that guy's head wasn't so big and orange a twenty would have been sufficient.

To be continued... by Farflung.

RobertMBlevins

Oct 6, 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #36668 of 52766 (19589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farflung] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Mark Bennett says in part, regarding Marla Cooper:

Quote:
'But, that's not what happened. She was attacked personally. So, she's gone...'

Baloney. She's gone because she can't answer the hard questions, and because her own family wouldn't back her story. You have a lot of nerve comparing Marla somehow to a Pulitzer winner, I'll give you that. And she was in it for fame and fortune right from the start. Her own Facebook postings prove it.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 6, 2012, 12:28 AM)
Attachments: CapitalizingcommentFBDZ.gif (95.9 KB)
  GraycommentsFBMCDZ.gif (136 KB)
  AADcommentFBDZ.gif (130 KB)
  Marla1.gif (75.8 KB)

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #36669 of 52766 (19586 views)
Shortcut
Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

Georger,

You implied that you could find out if Sheridan Peterson's mud hut in Nepal residence claim had some factual basis.

I agree, he sure would have been noticed.

How about pinging your friends who might know?

Hey, I worked Swains Island on 20M. I was DX schooled by Snowmman himself.

Will be making some more radio HAHO jumps next weekend. Might even try a CB HT. 10-4?

Farflung

Oct 6, 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #36670 of 52766 (19578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkBennett] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

Marla was attacked by certain members of this thread who are too cowardly to identify themselves, but may discover a quote with their names prominently featured in short order.

I’ll admit some passing interest in Marla, if one is to consider her elfin eyes, bright smile and ‘come hither Farf’ persona interesting. I would like to become more familiar with her story, which beckons me to her inescapable grasp, as every man with red blood pulsing through his veins, is drawn into a universe of delicate blooms containing a hint of jasmine, which serve as constant reminder of what could have been. This place is known as Marla-topia.

Instead this thread is bathed in ‘girl repellant’ and doused with ‘geek lotion’ for good measure, thus we never know the company of someone like Marla or a similar beauty like the ‘Venus de Milo’ or Helen of Troy.

Instead we get to discuss other suspects (not surface of the Sun, scorching hot Marla) like ‘Big Orange Head’. There…… now I’m depressed.

Marla….. call me!

georger

Oct 6, 2012, 12:53 AM
Post #36671 of 52766 (19577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkBennett] FELIX BAUMGARTNER [In reply to] Can't Post

That is exactly what Marla was. She had memories from when she was a small child that were rekindled in talking to her father shortly before he died. She talked of asking if she could be hypnotized to help her bring those memories to the surface.

There is a lot of knowledge here that could have done what Eric Nalder does -- help draw our more of her story and tried to figure out things like how could her uncle jump in the dark in an unfamiliar spot, yet be found by his brother and make it to sisters by the next morning.

But, that's not what happened. She was attacked personally. So, she's gone.
Sodium pentathol used to be the protocol of choice -
not sure what protocols apply now, but hypnosis is
completely untrustworthy and even counter -
productive, based on the medical experience I am
familiar with.

RobertMBlevins and Quade would not allow us to
have the forum to go through any process with
Marla. Blevins considers himself an elite informed
'investigator?' and nobody could stop him, so the
result predictable was obtained.

My guess is Blevins saw Marla as direct and badly
timed competition for his damned 'sepher'.

It is very strange just today Blevins recommends to
Jo to go to Agent Ng (the FBI) at Seattle, and even
lays out a protocol for her .. Blevins knows no
bounds when it comes to contradictions, stupidity,
arrogance, and total blindness.

There was nothing anyone here could do (or would
do) to stop Blevins in running Marla off.

Blevin's and AB Book's interests conflicted directly
with Marla being here at all or being given any time
here. Of course Blevins will claim the opposite!

If nothing else Marla should have been allowed to
continue here if only to highlight and possibly bring
out new aspects of the case, but again that
conflicted directly with Mr. Blevin's and the
Moderator's regime.

(This post was edited by georger on Oct 6, 2012, 1:13 AM)

georger

Oct 6, 2012, 1:09 AM
Post #36672 of 52766 (19572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Georger,

You implied that you could find out if Sheridan Peterson's mud hut in Nepal residence claim had some factual basis.

I agree, he sure would have been noticed.

How about pinging your friends who might know?

Hey, I worked Swains Island on 20M. I was DX schooled by Snowmman himself.

Will be making some more radio HAHO jumps next weekend. Might even try a CB HT. 10-4?

PM or post me some dates and places as exact as
you can, rather than me having to dig this out of
Sail's posts. Especially anything about the route
he took in if that is known, what village(s) he lived
in ... anything of a factual nature.

I can definately make a few inquiries and it wouldnt
take much to get the ball rolling.

Has Sailshaw made any inquiries he can share?

Below was previously posted - - -
----------------------------------------------------

'In 1970 after working for the International Training Consultants developing curriculum on such topic as land reform, and village and hamlet finances, he and his Filipina wife went to Pokhara, Nepal where he wrote an eight hundred and twenty-six page novel protesting the Vietnam War. It was an eye-witness documentary detailing the grisly crimes committed by our troops and secret agents. Publishers would have nothing to do with it. The reading public did not want to know such things, they contended. Ignorance is bliss.

Peterson's two and a half years in Nepal were the happiest time of his life. He and his wife lived in a mud hut near the base of Annapurna. They had no running water, electricity, sewerage, nor heat. What's more they had no idea what was going on in the world, and he loved it. His two children were born in Nepal. Sheridan Jr. was born at the Sanabuwan Missionary Hospital in Katmandu. It was an ancient Rana Palace on a mountain top overlooking the city. His daughter, Ginger, was born at the Shining Mission Hospital in Pokhara. It was comprised of a dozen tiny British World War II Quonset huts. Peterson made the delivery. The British doctor, a very tough woman lib, declared that it was the duty of every father to deliver their child. Peterson insists that it was the most nerve racking experience of his life.

In 1973 broke, Sheridan returned to Vietnam and got a job designing curriculum for Lear Siegler Aircraft Ltd. at Bien Hoa Air Base...'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This post was edited by georger on Oct 6, 2012, 1:25 AM)

377  (F 666)

Oct 6, 2012, 1:24 AM
Post #36673 of 52766 (19562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

All I know is mud hut (at base of Annapurna?) with his wife in Nov 1971.

Sailshaw may have more specific info.

georger

Oct 6, 2012, 1:28 AM
Post #36674 of 52766 (19560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [377] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

This caught my attention:

'In 1970 after working for the International Training Consultants developing curriculum on such topic as land reform, and village and hamlet finances, he and his Filipina wife went to Pokhara, Nepal ..."

Let me make one call tomorrow - no game here
this weekend so people are free.

RobertMBlevins

Oct 6, 2012, 2:09 AM
Post #36675 of 52766 (19556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Mud hut in Nepal, 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

This caught my attention:

'In 1970 after working for the International Training Consultants developing curriculum on such topic as land reform, and village and hamlet finances, he and his Filipina wife went to Pokhara, Nepal ..."

Let me make one call tomorrow - no game here
this weekend so people are free.

Georger: what 'caught your attention' is the bio I posted (which Sheridan wrote himself) from when he ran for a school board position in California. You're welcome.

You assume a lot about me, and actually know nothing. And you don't even have the guts to give credit when it's due. I respect your knowledge on the Cooper case, but your negativity can be an issue. Your anger at me forced you into phony quotes and genuine insults. Why is this? Do you really hate me SO much that you sit up nights worrying about it? You're banning me from your browser. Geoff Gray said I was untrustworthy. You poke fun at our housecleaning business. You've even made comments about Gayla. There is no end to it, but all you do is make yourself look cheap. Yeah, I work for a living. Don't see anything particularly wrong with that as long as it's honest.

I'm not sure where you got the idea Quade and I were in collaboration somehow. LOL he's banned me twice. You are certainly funny sometimes, I swear.

(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Oct 6, 2012, 2:13 AM)

First page Previous page 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... 2111 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)