Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Oxygn Headgear & Mask Replacement NEED HELP

B_Daugherty  (A 63799)

Sep 26, 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Oxygn Headgear & Mask Replacement NEED HELP Can't Post

I just ordered a replacement mask for my oxygn helmet and installed it but it seems to small for the helmet. Will no go up or down and they only offer 1 universal size. Need it this weekend and Para-Gear is never available when I am able to call them. Anyone ever have and problems with replacement maskes? Thanks, Brandon

Mr_Polite  (D 420)

Sep 26, 2012, 5:05 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [B_Daugherty] Oxygn Headgear & Mask Replacement NEED HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

You probably just need to tweak it a little. Compare it to the one you took off. Is it the same size? Worst case just wear googles and leave the visor off.

scotts  (D 26696)

Sep 26, 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [B_Daugherty] Oxygn Headgear & Mask Replacement NEED HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems most Oxygen replacement visors were/are too small. You need to be very careful when putting a new visor on, or you will lose it fast. I like my Oxygen A3 very much, but can't say I'd ever buy another one again due to this issue.

theonlyski  (D License)

Sep 27, 2012, 5:14 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1084 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I just ordered a replacement mask for my oxygn helmet and installed it but it seems to small for the helmet. Will no go up or down and they only offer 1 universal size. Need it this weekend and Para-Gear is never available when I am able to call them. Anyone ever have and problems with replacement maskes? Thanks, Brandon

There were the older OXYGNs and the newer OXYGNs... You probably have the older one which is slightly different and makes the 'new' visor fit improperly. I feel your pain. In the end, I just cranked the visor plates on the sides down and use it as a non opening helmet (like a factory diver).

TheBachelor  (D 22560)

Sep 27, 2012, 2:07 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1045 views)
Shortcut

The face shields on my Oxygn were always a pain to deal with. The last one took two of us in the gear store 30 minutes to replace. The next week I ordered a Phantom, which I'm very happy with. The shields last MUCH longer, and you can change them in 15 seconds with no tools.

wmw999  (D 6296)

Sep 28, 2012, 1:30 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Oxygn Headgear & Mask Replacement NEED HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

I use silicone plumber's grease to make them open and shut. It won't attack the plastic, won't attack parachutes, and makes them slide nicely. You have to re-apply with some regularity, and obviously don't leave a mess -- wipe up globs.

Wendy P.

jhh166  (B License)

Oct 1, 2012, 1:03 PM
Post #7 of 7 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: Oxygn Headgear & Mask Replacement NEED HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

I have an older oxygen a3 and I just bought a replacment lens via chutingstar and it is tight but still works fine. You can always try them.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)