Forums: Archive: 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections:
Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote?

alabamaskydiver

Sep 26, 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #1 of 21 (1806 views)
Shortcut
Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? Can't Post

Mike Paiser, Skyride's TN S&TA is running a stealth write in campaign for RD. USPA and the Southern Region can not, and should not, want a known BSR breaker as an RD and on the BOD. A person who is incapable of conducting a Tandem Jump with out stability issues. An S&TA who knows not the rules he is to FOLLOW let alone enforce. An Instructor who does not Teach FJC's or run Instructor Courses and if by chance he does, it is a case of beer event. An S&TA who helped to get Skydiving banned from numerous airports in the region due to a lack of professionalism and in some cases condoning illegal activity.
His shenanigans got him fired and evicted from the DZ at Russellville, got him and the whole DZ operations evicted from the Elkton, Ky airfield, and the more well known Clarksville Skyride operation after he was directly involved in the cat aids boogie that was proven to be a scam, and was investigate for payroll double dipping at the airport, and there are some videos on youtube of him exiting with a tandem and can't get belly to earth for over 10 to 15 seconds or more to throw the drogue. His lack, or refusal to control drinking on airport premises landed the Skyride operation at Waverly in trouble with the city of Waverly.

Another point to consider is that he is the one who contacted Skyride in the first place and got them set up in Tennessee. I personally visited the DZ in Clarksville and saw with my own eyes how he deals with people and how unprofessional he really is.

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Sep 26, 2012, 5:45 PM
Post #2 of 21 (1749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alabamaskydiver] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Mike Paiser, Skyride's TN S&TA is running a stealth write in campaign for RD. USPA and the Southern Region can not, and should not, want a known BSR breaker as an RD and on the BOD. A person who is incapable of conducting a Tandem Jump with out stability issues. An S&TA who knows not the rules he is to FOLLOW let alone enforce. An Instructor who does not Teach FJC's or run Instructor Courses and if by chance he does, it is a case of beer event. An S&TA who helped to get Skydiving banned from numerous airports in the region due to a lack of professionalism and in some cases condoning illegal activity.
His shenanigans got him fired and evicted from the DZ at Russellville, got him and the whole DZ operations evicted from the Elkton, Ky airfield, and the more well known Clarksville Skyride operation after he was directly involved in the cat aids boogie that was proven to be a scam, and was investigate for payroll double dipping at the airport, and there are some videos on youtube of him exiting with a tandem and can't get belly to earth for over 10 to 15 seconds or more to throw the drogue. His lack, or refusal to control drinking on airport premises landed the Skyride operation at Waverly in trouble with the city of Waverly.

Another point to consider is that he is the one who contacted Skyride in the first place and got them set up in Tennessee. I personally visited the DZ in Clarksville and saw with my own eyes how he deals with people and how unprofessional he really is.

The Southern Region then needs another write-in candidate. One to contrast what you wrote. One that has the support of more than one DZO and more jumpers from more DZ's in the region.

Sadly, he is the only one so far even to be rumored about running, even if a "covert" campaign.

Any one know if National Directors can sign an I/E's annual renewal, is it any BOD member or only the RD? I may be in a bind come next June.

Matt

stratostar  (Student)

Sep 26, 2012, 7:36 PM
Post #3 of 21 (1738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe it's any BOD member can sign you.

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Sep 26, 2012, 8:44 PM
Post #4 of 21 (1730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratostar] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good, looks like I will need to do that then.

Matt

missbrz  (B License)

Sep 27, 2012, 5:22 AM
Post #5 of 21 (1712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Sadly, he is the only one so far even to be rumored about running, even if a "covert" campaign.

I thought Al was running again... Or am I wrong on that?

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Sep 27, 2012, 7:15 AM
Post #6 of 21 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [missbrz] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

If so, there needs to be a facebook page or dz.com post or DZ mailer or something getting the word out! Otherwise this region is screwed.

Matt

normiss  (D 28356)

Sep 27, 2012, 7:35 AM
Post #7 of 21 (1692 views)
Shortcut

^This.
Unsure

Jumpdude  (C License)

Sep 27, 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #8 of 21 (1662 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
If so, there needs to be a facebook page or dz.com post or DZ mailer or something getting the word out! Otherwise this region is screwed.

Matt

What you said!!!

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Sep 27, 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #9 of 21 (1652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [missbrz] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Southern Region (which is KY, TN, AL, MS) isn't the same as Southeast (GA, FL). Al represents Southeast; sounds like this guy's running for Southern Region.

missbrz  (B License)

Sep 27, 2012, 1:37 PM
Post #10 of 21 (1638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Southern Region (which is KY, TN, AL, MS) isn't the same as Southeast (GA, FL). Al represents Southeast; sounds like this guy's running for Southern Region.

Blushoops misread the first post. my bad... Blush

johnjds  (D 5703)

Sep 27, 2012, 4:08 PM
Post #11 of 21 (1620 views)
Shortcut

If you do not like the person running as a write in canadate, Why don't you run.

stratostar  (Student)

Sep 27, 2012, 4:43 PM
Post #12 of 21 (1614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnjds] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cuz he went all quitting on us... been trying to tell him to run for a long time.Wink (I don't live in his region) But I think Matt would be a good choice, even if he is uptight about rules......LOLTongue

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Sep 27, 2012, 4:47 PM
Post #13 of 21 (1610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratostar] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Cuz he went all quitting on us... been trying to tell him to run for a long time.Wink (I don't live in his region) But I think Matt would be a good choice, even if he is uptight about rules......LOLTongue

Well, I re-joined recently as a favor to many friends who asked me repeatedly. I did feel bad for leaving, them.

I would run, if the region would have me and I could be assured I would be able to dedicate the time they deserve.

I know the rules thing was a joke, but if I may,Wink; A S&TA should be setting an example and enforcing the rules out in the open, if he or she disagrees with any rule they should address it in the Committee and with their RD and the ND's. I also think the S&TA's should be working together with USPA, Tandem Manufacturers and others to IMPROVE our perceived level of professionalism in the public eye.

Matt

chriswelker  (D 19678)

Sep 28, 2012, 2:04 PM
Post #14 of 21 (1554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alabamaskydiver] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

Vic hosed the Southern Region by not giving a heads up to everyone concerned that he was not going to be running again. Way to keep it classy, Vic.

johnjds  (D 5703)

Sep 28, 2012, 8:22 PM
Post #15 of 21 (1542 views)
Shortcut

Matt, as long as you are member now, You can run as a write now. I hope you do. John De.

Jumpdude  (C License)

Sep 29, 2012, 7:14 AM
Post #16 of 21 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnjds] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Matt, as long as you are member now, You can run as a write now. I hope you do. John De.

X 2!!!!

Do it Matt!!!!!

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Sep 29, 2012, 2:41 PM
Post #17 of 21 (1507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jumpdude] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

I hear, there may be a write in, in Memphis.
I would like to know about him before I commit.

Matt

chuckakers  (D 10855)

Sep 30, 2012, 6:38 AM
Post #18 of 21 (1474 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
If you do not like the person running as a write in canadate, Why don't you run.

I always find this reaction to be ridiculous. Just because someone thinks a particular person isn't right for the job doesn't mean they think they can do better.

If you think the local McDonalds isn't operated well, should your only option be to open your own burger joint?

skypilotA1  (D 17101)

Sep 30, 2012, 2:00 PM
Post #19 of 21 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Matt, I believe you are correct. Steve Helffrich will be running for the Southern region RD spot. He jumps regularly at West Tennessee Skydiving, and will be representing the average weekend"fun jumper". He is an former instructor, and at the DZ about every weekend. He is a great guy, and would be a valued asset to the USPA board. I am sure you will hear more in the coming weeks.

matthewcline  (D 21585)

Oct 1, 2012, 8:10 AM
Post #20 of 21 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skypilotA1] Mike Paiser possibly running a write in vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

He is behind, he needs to be speaking, now! Here, twitter, facebook and any other thing he can think of!

Matt

Scrumpot  (D License)

Oct 1, 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #21 of 21 (1401 views)
Shortcut

Just do it - GO FOR IT, MATT! ...If I were in your region, you would have my support (for all that's worth Tongue). If later, you decide or think your campaign dilutes your chances or affect against the opponent you are clearly trying to assure does not win - then one of you only THEN drop out, and throw your endorsement to the other.

In reply to:
He is behind, he needs to be speaking, now! Here, twitter, facebook and any other thing he can think of!

Correct. And absent that - if YOU are ready NOW ...then my .02 is GO FOR IT! Don't chance NOT, and the other (West Tenn or the "black-hat") getting out ahead of, and/or usurping you!

Forums : Archive : 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)