Forums: Skydiving: Incidents:
Fatality (Was injury) - Perris, CA - 23 Sept 2012

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Sep 23, 2012, 2:20 PM
Post #1 of 228 (9264 views)
Shortcut
Fatality (Was injury) - Perris, CA - 23 Sept 2012 Can't Post

Has anyone heard of an injury to a woman at Perris today, 9/23/2012?

Sparky

(This post was edited by PhreeZone on Oct 2, 2012, 6:35 AM)

LyraM45  (B 26378)

Sep 23, 2012, 2:39 PM
Post #2 of 228 (9183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjosparky] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.pe.com/...oderate-injuries.ece

I got word it was a low altitude canopy collision or wrap. One jumper cut away and landed uneventful, and the woman injured landed under her reserve but may have been spinning. Both were on the wingsuit big way.

Second hand info... I was not there. Glad to hear in the report that she was stable on the life flight! Glad the other jumper was OK!

flyingmontana  (D 31509)

Sep 23, 2012, 4:46 PM
Post #3 of 228 (8978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LyraM45] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't see the collision but did see the injured woman cut away (very low, looked like 500-700 feet) and she was NOT spinning when she landed under the reserve. It looked like it opened fast and completely, but she didn't appear to flare at all, maybe didn't have time to grab her toggles.

TheBachelor  (D 22560)

Sep 24, 2012, 6:47 AM
Post #5 of 228 (8051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyingmontana] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I didn't see the collision but did see the injured woman cut away (very low, looked like 500-700 feet) and she was NOT spinning when she landed under the reserve. It looked like it opened fast and completely, but she didn't appear to flare at all, maybe didn't have time to grab her toggles.

I saw the same thing. VERY low cutaway. From the time her reserve opened until she hit the ground was about 3 seconds. I didn't see a flare.

Word was that she had some sort of airway obstruction when they got to her. The obstruction was cleared and "her color came back."

Marysia

Sep 24, 2012, 7:31 AM
Post #6 of 228 (7966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheBachelor] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

She was unconscious?

grimmie  (D 18890)

Sep 24, 2012, 4:06 PM
Post #7 of 228 (7428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Marysia] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

She is in very serious condition.Unsure

piisfish

Sep 24, 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #8 of 228 (7409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grimmie] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Name available ?

airborne47  (A 43475)

Sep 24, 2012, 5:38 PM
Post #9 of 228 (7287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard she was a Russsian lady. No idea of the name.
I saw what (appeared) to be one side released and one still attached.
Watched her fallling thinking RESERVE DAMN IT!! as she was way to low and still falling fast.
Main cleared and reserve was THERE (skyhook?) at what appeared to be 100-200' agl.
Fully inflated and looked good. (straight) at which point i turned away and thought. Thank god!
Later (heard) she was entangeled with the other canopy but it didn't (look) that way to me?
Didn't see the collision. But did see another cut away canopy. Hope she fully recovers!

juliashato

Sep 24, 2012, 6:08 PM
Post #10 of 228 (7241 views)
Shortcut

The name is Irina Sinisyna, she is the best Russian woman skydiver. Extremely experienced. On July 2012 she was a leader and organizer of 100 women formation in Kolomna(record for Russia). Succesful businesswoman and mother.

piisfish

Sep 25, 2012, 4:08 AM
Post #11 of 228 (6895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [juliashato] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thoughts out for Irina.

Does anybody know if the necessary is being done with Skydivers Unite in order to raise funds for her/her family ?

BigBUG  (D License)

Sep 25, 2012, 9:21 AM
Post #12 of 228 (6639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [piisfish] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

There sure soon will be an account to raise funds. I am not sure about Russian finance laws - it could be difficult to get money from over the border, but I hope this will be sorted out.
Irina is well-known person and surely we will welcome anyone who want to help.

piisfish

Sep 25, 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #13 of 228 (6500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigBUG] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking about the US bills to pay, plane tickets to fly family to California for a visit if needed etc

freeflyn  (D License)

Sep 25, 2012, 1:40 PM
Post #14 of 228 (6243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheBachelor] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Can anyone comment about the circumstances leading up to the canopy collision.

TheBachelor  (D 22560)

Sep 25, 2012, 2:11 PM
Post #15 of 228 (6190 views)
Shortcut

Per her Facebook page :https://www.facebook.com/irina.sinitsina.1, she suffered a "Severe traumatic brain injury." (Translated from Russian). Blue Skies Magazine has a brief article about the incident, but there's nothing new there.

airborne47  (A 43475)

Sep 25, 2012, 5:44 PM
Post #16 of 228 (6029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freeflyn] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

No idea except that it was dureing a big way.

Skybear

Sep 26, 2012, 1:24 AM
Post #17 of 228 (5742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freeflyn] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Can anyone comment about the circumstances leading up to the canopy collision.

At least one of them had a bad off-heading opening. Although they broke off as planned and separation seemed to be good they collided about five seconds after opening. One canopy was a Crossfire 2 loaded at about 1.6-1.7, the other canopy is not known to me.

I do not think that the choice of canopy is the main cause for the bad opening and the results, but it shows me that HP canopies and bigways do not fit well together. This is not about wingsuiting but about every bigway where separation is rather tight due to the sheer amount of people in the air. Rather have a big and slow canopy for stuff like this. This is my personal conclusion and others might disagree.

padraigbrowne  (E 507)

Sep 26, 2012, 3:11 AM
Post #18 of 228 (5672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Skybear] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.pe.com/...-on-life-support.ece
Unsure
But roughly five seconds after opening their chutes, Sinitsina and a male skydiver collided, said Dan Brodsky-Chenfeld, manager of Perris Valley Skydiving.

“He is fine. He says (Sinitsina’s) foot brushed his head,” Brodsky-Chenfeld said. “That (initially) was the extent of it.”

But the parachute of the male skydiver, whose name has not been released, wrapped around Sinitsina’s body. So the male jumper jettisoned his deflated chute and landed safely beneath his emergency chute.

Sinitsina then faced a choice: She could land her fully inflated parachute, towing her companion’s deflated chute as if it were a banner, or she could jettison her main parachute and use her emergency chute.

She jettisoned her main parachute, and her emergency chute opened fully and properly, though turning, Brodsky-Chenfeld said. In the process, her companion’s discarded parachute floated away from her, Brodsky-Chenfeld said.

At that point, Sinitsina was no more than 400 feet above the ground. Her emergency chute made two complete turns and was leveling off when she landed, said Brodsky-Chenfeld, who witnessed the landing.

“It was coming down – and moving forward – a little faster than would be ideal for a landing,” he recalled. “But she had a parachute over her head. I was expecting her to be okay.”

Instead, her body pitched forward as she touched down, and she struck her head, Brodsky-Chenfeld said. She had no other injuries, he said.

fcajump  (D 15598)

Sep 26, 2012, 4:48 AM
Post #19 of 228 (5601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [padraigbrowne] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Instead, her body pitched forward as she touched down, and she struck her head, Brodsky-Chenfeld said. She had no other injuries, he said.

(I may have missed it, if so sorry...)
Any information on what kind of helmet she might have been wearing?
Best wishes for a quick recovery.
JW

pms07  (D 7571)

Sep 26, 2012, 5:02 AM
Post #20 of 228 (5578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fcajump] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Irina was wearing a Phantom X full-face helmet.

fcajump  (D 15598)

Sep 26, 2012, 5:08 AM
Post #21 of 228 (5563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pms07] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Irina was wearing a Phantom X full-face helmet.

Thanks. While I am pro-helmet use, even the best can only do so much. Unsure
Hoping for a speedy/full recovery.
JW

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Sep 26, 2012, 7:43 AM
Post #22 of 228 (5361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Skybear] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
This is not about wingsuiting but about every bigway where separation is rather tight due to the sheer amount of people in the air..

Just how "big" was the wingsuit "bigway"?

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Sep 26, 2012, 7:46 AM
Post #23 of 228 (5351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [padraigbrowne] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
But the parachute of the male skydiver, whose name has not been released, wrapped around Sinitsina’s body. So the male jumper jettisoned his deflated chute and landed safely beneath his emergency chute.

Sinitsina then faced a choice: She could land her fully inflated parachute, towing her companion’s deflated chute as if it were a banner, or she could jettison her main parachute and use her emergency chute.
EPs for wraps.

In reply to:
She jettisoned her main parachute, and her emergency chute opened fully and properly,.
Lucky that.

(This post was edited by popsjumper on Sep 26, 2012, 7:47 AM)

Skybear

Sep 26, 2012, 7:55 AM
Post #24 of 228 (5335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [popsjumper] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

This one was a 98-way. Breakoff of the leading 9-way was conducted at 3.5k. This allows 5 to 6 seconds of high-speed flying and still enough altitude for a calm pull.

piisfish

Sep 26, 2012, 7:56 AM
Post #25 of 228 (5332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [popsjumper] Injury at Perris????? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
This is not about wingsuiting but about every bigway where separation is rather tight due to the sheer amount of people in the air..

around 100 performers, plus videos (6 I think). Big enough to be called BIGway

(This post was edited by piisfish on Sep 26, 2012, 7:56 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Incidents

Search for (options)