Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
How much work?

aeroflyer  (C License)

Sep 12, 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #1 of 7 (948 views)
Shortcut
How much work? Can't Post

How long should it take to replace the lower brake line below the toggle loop (where the toggle goes through) I have one completely frayed strand in the spectra and possibly another on the way, so thought I'd get it done. Is this generally considered "lower brake line replacement", or does it usually include that toggle loop?

irishrigger  (D 297)

Sep 12, 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #2 of 7 (922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aeroflyer] How much work? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiya,
if its just the lower brake line below the toogle loop its an easy fix. Any rigger should do that in less than 10min.
As for ths cost. I normally charge about 20 bucks and replace both sides at the same time.

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

Sep 13, 2012, 7:27 AM
Post #3 of 7 (816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irishrigger] How much work? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Any rigger should do that in less than 10min.

How long it takes, of course, is a different answer, depending on where you are in the long line of other shit the rigger has on his/her list. Laugh

aeroflyer  (C License)

Sep 13, 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #4 of 7 (764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] How much work? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll probably take it in before the weekend so they have time to do it... yeah, there is probably a huge lineup from tandem rigging!

theonlyski  (D License)

Sep 13, 2012, 5:04 PM
Post #5 of 7 (685 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll probably take it in before the weekend so they have time to do it... yeah, there is probably a huge lineup from tandem rigging!

Depending on the rigger and the time of day, there ARE ways to grease the wheels and get it moving a little faster.

Lunch time and they've been stuck rigging/packing so far all day, offer to get them something to eat/something to drink (don't tempt them with alcohol yet)

Dinner-ish and they're finally finishing the work for the day, offer to get them something to eat and/or a cold beer.

Not saying it WILL work, but it probably wouldn't hurt your chances of skipping a couple spots up their to-do list. Wink

(This post was edited by theonlyski on Sep 13, 2012, 5:05 PM)

Krip  (Student)

Sep 13, 2012, 8:37 PM
Post #6 of 7 (617 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Poor planning on your part does not make a crisis for the rigger.

Why wait until the last second so everything is a rush. Plan ahead and get your gear worked on during the Off season. When the rigger has more time.Wink

Ever go to a boogie with a out of date reserve and go begging a rigger to pack your reserve NOW so you can make the next loadCrazy

R

theonlyski  (D License)

Sep 13, 2012, 8:43 PM
Post #7 of 7 (616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Krip] How much work? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Ever go to a boogie with a out of date reserve and go begging a rigger to pack your reserve NOW so you can make the next loadCrazy

I had an out of date repack card when I showed up to a boogie once. Manifest guy caught it, I asked for his pen and corrected the card on the spot.

Guess I forgot to sign my data card the week prior when I repacked it. BlushAngelic

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)