Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Using a Vigil 2-pin Cutter on a 1-pin Rig

chuckakers  (D 10855)

Aug 30, 2012, 3:20 PM
Post #1 of 3 (686 views)
Shortcut
Using a Vigil 2-pin Cutter on a 1-pin Rig Can't Post

I am switching out my wife's rig from a 2-pin Racer to a 1-pin Curv. Her on-order 1-pin cutter is stuck in Florida due to weather and I may not find one by the weekend.

Does anyone know if Vigil allows the use of a 2-pin cutter in a 1-pin rig? I understand that Cypres allows it.

irishrigger  (D 297)

Aug 30, 2012, 4:06 PM
Post #2 of 3 (664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuckakers] Using a Vigil 2-pin Cutter on a 1-pin Rig [In reply to] Can't Post

personally i would not have a problem storing the second cutter in the puch for the aad for the weekend, but i am not sure what the rules and regulation would say about that. although i doubt it be written anywhere clear.Shocked
masterrigger or jerry baumchen would be much more knowledgable on the subject of rules and regs.
you could always put the 2 cutters throught he reserve loop, to be sure to be sure as we would say in irelandTongue
personally,if its just for the weekend i would do it for the customer.
rodger

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

Aug 30, 2012, 6:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irishrigger] Using a Vigil 2-pin Cutter on a 1-pin Rig [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi irish,

I think I can get myself into enough trouble here without any help from you.

Wink

Hi Chuck,

I subscribe to the thinking that if something is not disallowed then you can do what you want.

I would make sure that the none-used cutter is located/covered in such a manner that should you get an AAD fire, it does NO damage to any of the gear. Just tucking it somewhere IMO does not ensure that.

Just because you would be using only one cutter to activate the reserve does not mean the 2nd cutter will not fire, as it will.

Just a thought or two,

JerryBaumchen

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)