Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Instructor crush?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

GooniesKid

Aug 27, 2012, 2:14 PM
Post #1 of 50 (2675 views)
Shortcut
Instructor crush? Can't Post

what's going on skydiving friends and community!
AFF class is going very well this summer! Usually on every AFF level i've had different instructors. But, a few weeks ago I was paired with a female instructor...and i think i have a huge crush on her. All throughout the ground course i couldn't make eye contact (cuz i'm generally a shy person). And everytime she'd get close to me my heart would start to beat really fast.

Is it ok for a student to ask their instructors out? Any way i can approach her to even ask her out?

I know it's not really skydiving related but i'm hoping the skydiving community can help out.

Salude!

Fast  (D 28237)

Aug 27, 2012, 2:30 PM
Post #2 of 50 (2647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GooniesKid] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
AFF class is going very well this summer! Usually on every AFF level i've had different instructors. But, a few weeks ago I was paired with a female instructor...and i think i have a huge crush on her. All throughout the ground course i couldn't make eye contact (cuz i'm generally a shy person). And everytime she'd get close to me my heart would start to beat really fast.

Is it ok for a student to ask their instructors out? Any way i can approach her to even ask her out?

I know it's not really skydiving related but i'm hoping the skydiving community can help out.

Salude!

Some DZ's have rules against it. Mostly cause it's typically going the other way, male instructor trying to sleep with impressionable girl students.

Also, heh - reality check here. If you're a dude, in an AFF class, with almost no jumping experience and no time around the sport - you are gonna have to be exceptionally amazing as a person in personality, looks or both to get her attention.

It's like 2:1 dudes to chicks (or worse) on a dropzone, she likely has more attention than she knows what to do with.

That said, hey - you never know if you don't ask right? SmileSmile

GooniesKid

Aug 27, 2012, 2:38 PM
Post #3 of 50 (2624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fast] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Salude!

Some DZ's have rules against it. Mostly cause it's typically going the other way, male instructor trying to sleep with impressionable girl students.

Also, heh - reality check here. If you're a dude, in an AFF class, with almost no jumping experience and no time around the sport - you are gonna have to be exceptionally amazing as a person in personality, looks or both to get her attention.

It's like 2:1 dudes to chicks (or worse) on a dropzone, she likely has more attention than she knows what to do with.

That said, hey - you never know if you don't ask right? SmileSmile
Hey Fast, thanks for insight. I think that's what i was eluding to..if there is any rules when it comes to a student asking an instructor out.
And you are right...more guys than girls out there and i'm sure she is getting more attention that she is immune or just shuts it out during her work day. I just didn't want to be known as the student that tried to ask his instructor out on a date and failed miserably.

Quagmirian  (A 110392)

Aug 27, 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #4 of 50 (2604 views)
Shortcut

I thought this thread was going to be about the attraction you get to your instructor in the plane. I've had that lots of times. I though it was well documented, but oh well. I don't think there's anything wrong with a genuine attraction between OP and his/her instructor, and it's nothing that a massive experience gap would stop.

Krip  (Student)

Aug 27, 2012, 3:00 PM
Post #5 of 50 (2592 views)
Shortcut

HI kid

Don't sweat the rules lots of instructors date/marry their students, some do it even more than once.

But your a dude and your name isn't Tiger Woods, John Edwards, Bill Gates, #2 etc.

On a happy note you will never know until you ask. Go for itTongue

R.

skydiverbry  (D License)

Aug 27, 2012, 3:05 PM
Post #6 of 50 (2579 views)
Shortcut

No guts, no glory!!SmileSmile

Bry

normiss  (D 28356)

Aug 27, 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #7 of 50 (2561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydiverbry] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or just wait your turn!
It IS a DZ....
Tongue

skydiverbry  (D License)

Aug 27, 2012, 3:35 PM
Post #8 of 50 (2511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [normiss] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good pointCool
Tongue

Bry

GooniesKid

Aug 27, 2012, 3:43 PM
Post #9 of 50 (2499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydiverbry] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll probably ask her out at some point after my AFF class. I dig her personality, looks, and attitude but i think if i have feelings for her it might distract me and i can miss some key information/lesson she is trying to explain (considering if i have her again as an instructor).
Wait a sec, is it true that i would have to wait (figuratively speaking of course)? There's no way it can be that easy is it? I know it's premature, but if i were to go out with her i think it'd be for the long haul instead of a one nite stand kind of thing.

excaza  (C License)

Aug 27, 2012, 4:05 PM
Post #10 of 50 (2473 views)
Shortcut

You're being awfully indecisive for someone who voluntarily decided to learn how to jump out of an airplane.

Mr_Polite  (D 420)

Aug 27, 2012, 4:25 PM
Post #11 of 50 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Give her a kiss in freefall. If that goes well you should be able to get her to atleast do a 2 or 3 way with youWink

cocheese  (D 24000)

Aug 27, 2012, 4:29 PM
Post #12 of 50 (2428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr_Polite] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Give her a kiss in freefall. If that goes well you should be able to get her to atleast do a 2 or 3 way with youWink

Dude, you're a geniusSlyCool

GooniesKid

Aug 27, 2012, 4:37 PM
Post #13 of 50 (2410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr_Polite] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

Theoretically, if i were to kiss her in freefall or before we exit the plane, would she fail me for that jump?

hillson  (D 33134)

Aug 27, 2012, 4:41 PM
Post #14 of 50 (2399 views)
Shortcut

Please post a link to the staff page of the DZ where you jump.

Thx

cocheese  (D 24000)

Aug 27, 2012, 4:43 PM
Post #15 of 50 (2394 views)
Shortcut

I think you would pass the jump if you don't chip a tooth.Wink

Mr_Polite  (D 420)

Aug 27, 2012, 4:58 PM
Post #16 of 50 (2376 views)
Shortcut

As CoCheese said if you don't chip her tooth or make her bleed you'll be ok.

peregrinerose  (D 28983)

Aug 27, 2012, 5:00 PM
Post #17 of 50 (2372 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Salude!

Wait til you have a license and are no longer are a student. Gender doesn't matter a whit here, it's a learning thing. You'll listen better to someone you are not going out with, that's just the way it is. It sets up an awkward vibe when a student (as in pre A license) is dating one of the staff.

Consider it incentive to get your A quickly Smile

GooniesKid

Aug 27, 2012, 5:14 PM
Post #18 of 50 (2349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peregrinerose] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Salude!

Wait til you have a license and are no longer are a student. Gender doesn't matter a whit here, it's a learning thing. You'll listen better to someone you are not going out with, that's just the way it is. It sets up an awkward vibe when a student (as in pre A license) is dating one of the staff.

I know what you mean. I felt totally awkward and at times I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying. I was literally awe struck. Thats why I entertained the idea of just concentrating on getting the A lic ...that way I won't so nervous being a student.

cocheese  (D 24000)

Aug 27, 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #19 of 50 (2329 views)
Shortcut

Don't let a woman try to put logic in your love. If it was the other way around (male instructor with female student) we would have to do that, but this is a unique case and you need to get it together. Cool

You can get this girl. Now pay attention to her even if this is the only time you ever listen to her again. Wink You have to impress her with your listening skills first. (meanwhile go to a tunnel and max your credit cards) Sly

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Aug 27, 2012, 5:46 PM
Post #20 of 50 (2307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peregrinerose] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Salude!

Plus that'll give the OP enough time to figure out if she's even single. One important thing to note is that a lot of married folks don't wear their wedding rings while jumping for various reasons (safety, risk of losing the ring, etc.) Probably want to know if she's one of them.

Premier skybytch  (D License)

Aug 27, 2012, 5:57 PM
Post #21 of 50 (2287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Plus that'll give the OP enough time to figure out if she's even single. One important thing to note is that a lot of married folks don't wear their wedding rings while jumping for various reasons (safety, risk of losing the ring, etc.) Probably want to know if she's one of them.

Might want to make sure she's not the wife/girlfriend of the local rigger first as well. Sly

oldwomanc6

Aug 27, 2012, 6:01 PM
Post #22 of 50 (2282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

Plus that'll give the OP enough time to figure out if she's even single. One important thing to note is that a lot of married folks don't wear their wedding rings while jumping for various reasons (safety, risk of losing the ring finger, etc.) Probably want to know if she's one of them.
FIFY Pirate

Premier Remster  (C License)

Aug 27, 2012, 6:03 PM
Post #23 of 50 (2275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skybytch] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Might want to make sure she's not the wife/girlfriend of the local rigger first as well. Sly

Fuck it.

Be eXtReMe!

GooniesKid

Aug 27, 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #24 of 50 (2273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skybytch] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I agree. I dont even know if she's attached atm and i wouldn't want to overstep those bounds..especially if the one she's attached to is a rigger, rigging my 'chute until I can pack by myself, right?

GooniesKid

Aug 27, 2012, 6:05 PM
Post #25 of 50 (2270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cocheese] Instructor crush? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Don't let a woman try to put logic in your love. If it was the other way around (male instructor with female student) we would have to do that, but this is a unique case and you need to get it together. Cool

You can get this girl. Now pay attention to her even if this is the only time you ever listen to her again. Wink You have to impress her with your listening skills first. (meanwhile go to a tunnel and max your credit cards) Sly

+1 Must be a good listener!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)