Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
Information Search (OLD)

Ladywolf

Aug 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #1 of 6 (902 views)
Shortcut
Information Search (OLD) Can't Post

Hello. I'm new here; I'm posting in the hope that someone here might remember an old friend of mine with whom I lost touch many years ago. I learned last year that he had died in a skydiving accident and that really is all I know. The circumstances of the accident sound a little unusual to me, and I have been unable to locate an obituary or any information. His name was Eric Lee Anderson. He died on November 1, 1974 and the one partial UPI account I could find was run on November 4 of that year. Apparently he lived in Hayward, CA, and the jump was a night jump in Livermore. Any information will be very welcome.
Thank you for your time!
Maureen
ldywolfdancer@aol.com

Ladywolf

Aug 23, 2012, 1:49 PM
Post #3 of 6 (853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oldwomanc6] Information Search (OLD) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! I'll try your suggestion. Any help at all is welcome. I see he is mentioned at the link you included...I'll follow up.

Again, thank you!
Maureen

JohnRich  (D License)

Aug 23, 2012, 3:50 PM
Post #4 of 6 (836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ladywolf] Information Search (OLD) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
The circumstances of the accident sound a little unusual to me...

What do you think is "unusual" about it?

Ladywolf

Aug 24, 2012, 9:48 AM
Post #5 of 6 (763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRich] Information Search (OLD) [In reply to] Can't Post

The first report I had seen stated that he had been hit by the propeller during a jump. It makes much more sense now that I know the accident happened on the ground.
Thank you,
Maureen

JohnRich  (D License)

Aug 24, 2012, 2:31 PM
Post #6 of 6 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ladywolf] Information Search (OLD) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
The first report I had seen stated that he had been hit by the propeller during a jump. It makes much more sense now that I know the accident happened on the ground.
Thank you,
Maureen

That would indeed be unusual, but not unheard of. It's happened several times, unfortunately...

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

Search for (options)