Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Viso vs. Viso 2

TitaniumLegs  (D 19246)

Aug 22, 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #1 of 12 (1220 views)
Shortcut
Viso vs. Viso 2 Can't Post

So, I ordered a Viso 2, and what showed up was a Viso (1). I've been searching for a comparison of the two, both here (using search and scrolling through page after page of this forum) and on L+B's site. Finally resorted to downloading and comparing both manuals.
As far as I can tell:
- Viso2 has a "Daily Jump Counter" that "Displays number of jumps completed on last date and/or 9 other jump dates."
- Odd looking button or LED on the edge that isn't defined in the manual.

Does anybody know of a definitive comparison or other details I didn't find?
Should I bug the dealer to swap it?

Thanks!

sundevil777  (D License)

Aug 22, 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #2 of 12 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TitaniumLegs] Viso vs. Viso 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

I would get the newer version if that is what was advertised, or return it, or perhaps some money back.

I believe the old version doesn't have the soft rubberized coating. That is nice in that it adds friction to help keep it in the fabric pockets of helmets.

The "button" is actually not a button, but the location of where the optional (you must get that version) optical interface port would be if you had bought the version that has that feature. It is just a dummy receptacle cover if it is not that version.

I thought it possible that the newer version was water resistant, and the old version was not. It is very possible my memory is wrong about the old version not being water resistant.

I was not aware about the jump counter difference you mentioned.

DougH  (D License)

Aug 23, 2012, 5:18 AM
Post #3 of 12 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sundevil777] Viso vs. Viso 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Old version is not water resistant.

scottd818  (C 41314)

Aug 23, 2012, 7:46 AM
Post #4 of 12 (1116 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I would get the newer version if that is what was advertised, or return it, or perhaps some money back.

I believe the old version doesn't have the soft rubberized coating. That is nice in that it adds friction to help keep it in the fabric pockets of helmets.

The "button" is actually not a button, but the location of where the optional (you must get that version) optical interface port would be if you had bought the version that has that feature. It is just a dummy receptacle cover if it is not that version.

I thought it possible that the newer version was water resistant, and the old version was not. It is very possible my memory is wrong about the old version not being water resistant.

I think your thinkin of the optima audiable not the viso which is a digital visual altimiter.

sundevil777  (D License)

Aug 23, 2012, 7:53 AM
Post #5 of 12 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottd818] Viso vs. Viso 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I think your thinkin of the optima audiable not the viso which is a digital visual altimiter.

Yes, the Viso doesn't have the optical port, and of course you don't put a Viso in a helmet.

TitaniumLegs  (D 19246)

Aug 23, 2012, 8:57 AM
Post #6 of 12 (1101 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Yes, the Viso doesn't have the optical port, and of course you don't put a Viso in a helmet.

OK, so what's that little white bump on the side in both of these pictures (Viso 2, not original Viso)?
http://www.l-and-b.dk/products/visual/viso_ii
http://www.dropzone.com/gear/Detailed/619.html

sundevil777  (D License)

Aug 23, 2012, 9:02 AM
Post #7 of 12 (1098 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

OK, so what's that little white bump on the side in both of these pictures (Viso 2, not original Viso)?

I don't know, maybe it covers the little filter that needs to be replaced if you dunk it in water.

theplummeter  (C License)

Aug 23, 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #8 of 12 (1066 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:

Are you talking about the reset button the side?

TitaniumLegs  (D 19246)

Aug 23, 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theplummeter] Viso vs. Viso 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Reset button is on the back next to the battery. I'm talking about the white bump visible in both pictures I linked above.

hillson  (D 33134)

Aug 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1056 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Reset button is on the back next to the battery. I'm talking about the white bump visible in both pictures I linked above.

Pg 55 in the manual:

The VISO II is water resistant.
The Air Filter is the white circular part mounted on the side of the unit. If it becomes wet (after a splash in the swoop pond) then let the VISO II dry in a warm place for 48 hours.
Note: The Air Filter must be replaced if jumping is resumed quickly or if the VISO II has been submerged into water.
Air Filter removal tooling kit is an accessory which can be purchased separately.

http://www.l-and-b.dk/...II_Manual_040909.pdf

TitaniumLegs  (D 19246)

Aug 23, 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hillson] Viso vs. Viso 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Awesome, thanks.

hillson  (D 33134)

Aug 23, 2012, 1:16 PM
Post #12 of 12 (1011 views)
Shortcut

I didn't know what it was either...about the only thing the manual is good for is to learn the 45 button sequence to turn it off. I'm sure you'll just throw it in your bag an let it turn itself off like everybody else. Lol.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)