Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Mirage M5 and 150

chiquita24  (B License)

Aug 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #1 of 2 (455 views)
Shortcut
Mirage M5 and 150 Can't Post

I have some questions regarding my gear. Currently I have a Mirage M5 container that has a PD 176 Reserve, and a Sabre 1 170 main. Both fit in the container very nicely-although in my opinion I think the rig looks big. According to Mirage, these canopy sizes are what is meant for this container. My question is, does anyone have any experience fitting a smaller main into this container, but keeping the 176 reserve? If if fits, but the rig is "squishy" what are some things that could happen?
Basically I'm just looking for a little advice before I go out and buy a whole new system. I understand that this may be a difficult question to answer without actually seeing the rig, but if anyone has any experience with it, I'd love to hear your opinion.

adamUK  (C 104423)

Aug 19, 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #2 of 2 (442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chiquita24] Mirage M5 and 150 [In reply to] Can't Post

Best thing is to ask the manufacturer. Not all canopies of the same size have the same pack volumes so if you have one specifically in mind then let them know. I found aerodyne very helpful and a very quick response. Mine could go a size smaller with no problems but their zpx material canopy of the same size would be too small and would give (to quote them) hard and radical openings as the canopy would not sit tightly in the container.

HTH

Adam.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)