Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event?
Yes 42 / 29%
No 49 / 34%
Boobies 54 / 37%
145 total votes

rifleman  (Student)

Aug 18, 2012, 4:57 PM
Post #1 of 51 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? Can't Post

Jumped my first sunset load today (as a S/L student). Would you consider this an event that requires a donation of beer?

DeNReN  (B 5642)

Aug 18, 2012, 4:59 PM
Post #2 of 51 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rifleman] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

No and try to use the words...pre second Wink

obelixtim  (D 84)

Aug 18, 2012, 5:46 PM
Post #3 of 51 (1302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rifleman] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Jumped my first sunset load today (as a S/L student). Would you consider this an event that requires a donation of beer?

You foolish boy....you ask a bunch of beer guzzlers such a question and expect an honest answer?.

Take it from me, all the ones who answered yes are lying through the bottom of their empty beer glasses....

You have much to learn, young skywalker......

(This post was edited by obelixtim on Aug 18, 2012, 5:49 PM)

cocheese  (D 24000)

Aug 18, 2012, 7:00 PM
Post #4 of 51 (1256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DeNReN] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
No and try to use the words...pre second Wink

You owe beer for saying this. Unimpressed

Iago  (D License)

Aug 18, 2012, 7:25 PM
Post #5 of 51 (1238 views)
Shortcut

Any excuse we can come up with to get someone else to buy us beer id a valid 'beer event.'

mjosparky  (D 5476)

Aug 18, 2012, 7:39 PM
Post #6 of 51 (1230 views)
Shortcut

This should cover all your questions on beer.

Sparky
Attachments: Do you owe beer.pdf (39.2 KB)

Premier skybytch  (D License)

Aug 18, 2012, 8:16 PM
Post #7 of 51 (1208 views)
Shortcut

You said the "F" word. Beer!

Soon you will learn to not use that nasty word on the dz. In the meantime, I like Hefewiezen. Laugh

stratostar  (Student)

Aug 18, 2012, 9:16 PM
Post #8 of 51 (1175 views)
Shortcut

The question is, did you get called on it, as in "hey that your first?" Or did you broadcast that it was your first and then someone yelled Beer!?

If one of those things did happen, well then your called out on it and in the time honored tradition, you owe Beer!!!!

It used to be an honor to be called out on a case, now days the younger crew is a bunch of pussy and all try skirt around the time honored tradition in many ways, pretty sad really.

Now if your just a dumbass and asking if you own just cause, well then you owe for just being fool hardy enough to ask...Tongue

(This post was edited by stratostar on Aug 18, 2012, 9:53 PM)

airtwardo  (D License)

Aug 18, 2012, 9:42 PM
Post #9 of 51 (1164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratostar] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

well then owe for just being fool hardy enough to ask...

In reply to:

Yup! Angelic

akarunway  (A 143885)

Aug 18, 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #10 of 51 (1151 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
To myself. First sunset load. Drank a cold one under canopy at 12K. Wink

rifleman  (Student)

Aug 19, 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #11 of 51 (1123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stratostar] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
The question is, did you get called on it, as in "hey that your first?" Or did you broadcast that it was your first and then someone yelled Beer!?

No to both questions - I just personally felt that it was a Beer! jump but couldn't find it listed in the Beer! rules. I also think it went unnoticed as one of the jumpers on the load was jumping his 100th

If one of those things did happen, well then your called out on it and in the time honored tradition, you owe Beer!!!!

It used to be an honor to be called out on a case, now days the younger crew is a bunch of pussy and all try skirt around the time honored tradition in many ways, pretty sad really.

I have no problems being called on a case - if I owe it, I buy it. In fact, I'll occasionally buy a case in advance because as a student I know it's pretty likely that I'll screw up at some point and I wouldn't want people to wait for Beer! until the next time I'm there.

Now if your just a dumbass and asking if you own just cause, well then you owe for just being fool hardy enough to ask...Tongue

(This post was edited by rifleman on Aug 19, 2012, 1:35 AM)

Amyr  (C License)

Aug 19, 2012, 4:03 AM
Post #12 of 51 (1089 views)
Shortcut

Sorry You owe beer. Pre buying for expected event that have not occurred. Beer penalty.

Amyr  (C License)

Aug 19, 2012, 4:07 AM
Post #13 of 51 (1085 views)
Shortcut

But as a student we were exempt until we finished AFF. But from solo status to A license I learned to just smile and nod and not say a word. Bought a lot of beer before I learned that.

stratostar  (Student)

Aug 19, 2012, 6:25 AM
Post #14 of 51 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amyr] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
But as a student we were exempt until we finished AFF

BULLSHIT!

Amyr  (C License)

Aug 19, 2012, 6:51 AM
Post #15 of 51 (1036 views)
Shortcut

Only through AFF NOT the 56 jumps after AFF it took me to get my A license. FOR AFF students only beer offense is leaving your log book >I guess my dropzone just ROCKS!

muff528  (D 17609)

Aug 19, 2012, 6:52 AM
Post #16 of 51 (1035 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

By the time you get down from the sunset load all the beer bought by others is going to be gone. You figure it out.

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Aug 19, 2012, 5:17 PM
Post #17 of 51 (937 views)
Shortcut

Unbelievable so many have no clue.

Read 'em and weep:

http://www.skydiving.org.vt.edu/goodstuff/beer.htm

There's only so few of us left that even have a clue on the point of it all.LaughLaughLaugh

(This post was edited by popsjumper on Aug 19, 2012, 5:22 PM)

DeNReN  (B 5642)

Aug 19, 2012, 5:41 PM
Post #18 of 51 (926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [popsjumper] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Read 'em and weep:

There's only so few of us left that even have a clue on the point of it all.LaughLaughLaugh

so a simple answer would have been NO

added to that list should be one that I usually encourage.....1st freefall on a gradual program, either IAD or static line as it is a major 1st !!!!

airtwardo  (D License)

Aug 19, 2012, 6:22 PM
Post #19 of 51 (919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [popsjumper] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Read 'em and weep:

Beer! time I got red carded off a big-way record attempt!

Organizer COULDN'T BELIEVE i was such a 'good sport'! Sly

PiLFy  (A License)

Aug 19, 2012, 7:20 PM
Post #20 of 51 (903 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

Yes. I think you should buy them all pizza & cigarettes, too Crazy...

airtwardo  (D License)

Aug 19, 2012, 7:40 PM
Post #21 of 51 (897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PiLFy] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Yes. I think you should buy them all pizza & cigarettes, too Crazy...

...or hookers & blow. That's always nice too! Blush

oldwomanc6

Aug 19, 2012, 7:44 PM
Post #22 of 51 (894 views)
Shortcut

No.

5.samadhi

Aug 19, 2012, 8:51 PM
Post #23 of 51 (869 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Tongue
perhaps the younger generation is being a 'pussy' by caring about their longterm health ad wellness by not drinking alcohol...yes very pussy indeed Laugh

airtwardo  (D License)

Aug 19, 2012, 9:03 PM
Post #24 of 51 (861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [5.samadhi] Would you consider 1st Sunset Load a beer event? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Tongue
perhaps the younger generation is being a 'pussy' by caring about their longterm health ad wellness by not drinking alcohol...yes very pussy indeed Laugh

Yeah...i'm SURE that's it! LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Premier billvon  (D 16479)
Aug 19, 2012, 9:32 PM
Post #25 of 51 (846 views)
Shortcut

Yes, that is indeed a beer-worthy event - but 9 times out of 10 you can use the "student exemption" and get away with it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)