Forums: Archive: 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections:
Summer 2012 BOD Rundown

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Aug 15, 2012, 7:51 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1241 views)
Shortcut
Summer 2012 BOD Rundown Can't Post

Can anyone give a quick rundown on the Summer 2012 BOD meeting?

I understand that the Headquarters ruling to disallow anyone who's membership had lapsed from the ballot was overruled. Anything else earth shattering?

Para5-0  (D 19054)

Aug 15, 2012, 8:41 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydived19006] Summer 2012 BOD Rundown [In reply to] Can't Post

Dont know if this helps or not. Taken from USPA.org

Beginning January 1, 2013, the stamped A-license proficiency and progression cards will no longer be considered valid licenses beyond 60 days. They can still be used to apply for an A-license beyond this time frame.
Also beginning January 1, 2013, all USPA instructional rating applications require a valid USPA license, in lieu of the FAI equivalent.
The USPA Board has rescinded a prior motion that introduced a new BSR that required skydives to be made in accordance with the age requirements of the manufactures of the equipment used for a jump. The tandem age BSR remains in place.
An opinion poll about the wing suit instructor-rating program will be included with the 2012 BOD ballot.
Beginning January 1, 2013, foreign drop zones will be eligible to apply for USPAs new Foreign-Affiliate Program. The USPA group member program has been modified to include only US-based drop zones.
Serving on the USPA Board of Directors from 1974-1995, King Morton, member #580, has been selected as the recipient of the 2012 USPA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Perry Stevens, D-51, has been selected as the recipient of the 2012 USPA Gold Medal for Meritorious Achievement for the invention of the Stevens system, now know as the RSL.
At the General Membership Meeting, Jeff Steinkamp, member #28511, was presented the 2011 USPA Gold Medal for Meritorious Achievement.
The Ted Strong Award has been established to recognize, from time to time, teams or individuals for extraordinary sportsmanship during the USPA National Championships.
As the gavel dropped, the board said goodbye to departing board members who have chosen not to run for reelection. They include: Jessie Farrington, Vic Johnson, Marylou Laughlin, Bill Wenger and B.J. Worth.

Rich Winstock
USPA National Director

(This post was edited by Para5-0 on Aug 15, 2012, 8:41 AM)

skydived19006  (D 19006)

Aug 15, 2012, 3:18 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Para5-0] Summer 2012 BOD Rundown [In reply to] Can't Post

I just received that in an email news letter from the USPA.

"Look for a complete report on the meeting in an upcoming issue of Parachutist." Inquiring minds want to know. Now.

Doesn't someone take Minutes, why does it take so long to get the Minutes up on the web site? Seems like a simple thing to me, but what do I know?

IanHarrop  (C 1152)

Aug 16, 2012, 5:42 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1132 views)
Shortcut

Is this the same meeting?
http://www.dropzone.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

DougH  (D License)

Aug 25, 2012, 2:58 AM
Post #5 of 7 (987 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I just received that in an email news letter from the USPA.

"Look for a complete report on the meeting in an upcoming issue of Parachutist." Inquiring minds want to know. Now.

Doesn't someone take Minutes, why does it take so long to get the Minutes up on the web site? Seems like a simple thing to me, but what do I know?

Full meeting minutes should be kept, considering our 501c3 status. And they should be open for inspection if not posted outright.

MikeTJumps  (D 5957)

Aug 26, 2012, 9:36 AM
Post #6 of 7 (953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DougH] Summer 2012 BOD Rundown [In reply to] Can't Post

I post my notes of the BOD meetings that I attend in the General Skydiving Discussions section. The full minutes are posted by the Secretary on the USPA's website when she has the time to get everything in a semblance of order.

Ron

Sep 4, 2012, 1:03 PM
Post #7 of 7 (853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Para5-0] Summer 2012 BOD Rundown [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Beginning January 1, 2013, the stamped A-license proficiency and progression cards will no longer be considered valid licenses beyond 60 days

Translation: "We tried to lower the costs of getting into the sport, but we have decided we want more money"

I can't say I disagree with the idea, but we should be honest to the reasons for the changes.

Quote:
all USPA instructional rating applications require a valid USPA license, in lieu of the FAI equivalent.

Translation: "We have decided we want more money"

I can't say I disagree with the idea, but we should be honest to the reasons for the changes.

Quote:
The USPA Board has rescinded a prior motion that introduced a new BSR that required skydives to be made in accordance with the age requirements of the manufactures of the equipment used for a jump.

Good! One very small thing the USPA has done to not be the bitch of the manufacturers.

Quote:
The tandem age BSR remains in place.

Back to being the manufacturers bitch.

Quote:
An opinion poll about the wing suit instructor-rating program will be included with the 2012 BOD ballot.

GREAT, let the body decide what should be done!

Quote:
Beginning January 1, 2013, foreign drop zones will be eligible to apply for USPAs new Foreign-Affiliate Program. The USPA group member program has been modified to include only US-based drop zones.

The GM program is a waste. It provides NOTHING to the members since there is no teeth, only a 'promise' to run things well. A total, complete waste. It is nothing but cheap advertising for the DZO's

Quote:
As the gavel dropped, the board said goodbye to departing board members who have chosen not to run for reelection. They include: Jessie Farrington, Vic Johnson, Marylou Laughlin, Bill Wenger and B.J. Worth.

I am sure to be replaced with factory reps and DZO's.....

Forums : Archive : 2013-2015 USPA BOD Elections

Search for (options)