Forums: Skydiving: Skydiving History & Trivia:
DB Cooper

 

First page Previous page 1 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 ... 2183 Next page Last page  View All

mrshutter45

Aug 10, 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #35301 of 54557 (30015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] "and in this corner" [In reply to] Can't Post

what is this WWF fight nite???? I was hoping with the absence of Knoss things would change... a little???

Cool


matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 10, 2012, 4:20 PM
Post #35302 of 54557 (30011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] "and in this corner" [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
what is this WWF fight nite???? I was hoping with the absence of Knoss things would change... a little???

Cool

Facts, science, and actual investigative technique, apparently are not welcome here by a few.

The history stands. The facts are true. The science proven. The Investigation continues, looking for more clues.

"Cooper" has got to be pissing himself, laughing at this thread grilling a little mahi mahi and drinking a cold one.

Matt


skyjack71

Aug 10, 2012, 4:30 PM
Post #35303 of 54557 (30004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Repeat of WHAT I wrote:
Seems like a lot of individuals would like to take this post to task - go ahead, but DO not add things to a post that maked it appear the original person actually said certain things the way someone else did - recently such as BK!


In reply to:
I actually came into the thread to post more of the logs, but MatthewClines' post TICKED me off. So I did MORE and decided to let the CAT out of the BAG

I believe we have 2 individuals posting that are here for only one purpose. I am not going to make any accusations, but their positions seem to change consistenly and when one in particular reads or thinks I may have posted something that would jeopardize whatever their "assignment" is then one in particular tries to make me sound like I haven't got a clue.
Perhaps he does NOT realize we have a couple of very very swift jumpers from the past who monitor this thread.

When anyone gets close - this one person makes sure the information is distorted and made to sound "futile". He built his reputation here on his supposed knowledge, but the old timers have seen thur his guise.

When this young whipper snapper starts talking Nickles he better go back to school. He needs to do the math again.

When he starts talking the developement of the Chutes use before the Nickles became the Nickles - he needs to go back and retake the class.

Next thing we know he will be declaring he knew Derry the man who DEVELOPED the chutes and the method and who TAUGHT these guys BEFORE the Nickels was even formed. They did NOT become the Nickles until after Derry met with them and they went thru his rigid training. The smoke Jumpers was NOT until 1945. As Lloyd and Floyd - they are both still alive. Go to the Smokejumper museum.

Floyd has OLD TIMERS, but Lloyed was still sharp the last time I spoke to him a few months ago.

So MatthewCline - have a little fun chewing on your own tongue for awhile. Perhaps you just MISHEARD - or where too young to understand.
Matt

When I take YOUR remarks OUT of my POST I am NOT misunderstanding a damn thing.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 10, 2012, 4:37 PM)


matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 10, 2012, 4:36 PM
Post #35304 of 54557 (30000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Repeat of WHAT I wrote:
Seems like a lot of individuals would like to take this post to task - go ahead, but DO not add things to a post that maked it appear the original person actually said certain things the way someone else did - recently such as BK!


In reply to:
I actually came into the thread to post more of the logs, but MatthewClines' post TICKED me off. So I did MORE and decided to let the CAT out of the BAG

I believe we have 2 individuals posting that are here for only one purpose. I am not going to make any accusations, but their positions seem to change consistenly and when one in particular reads or thinks I may have posted something that would jeopardize whatever their "assignment" is then one in particular tries to make me sound like I haven't got a clue.[
Perhaps he does NOT realize we have a couple of very very swift jumpers from the past who monitor this thread.

When anyone gets close - this one person makes sure the information is distorted and made to sound "futile". He built his reputation here on his supposed knowledge, but the old timers have seen thur his guise.

When this young whipper snapper starts talking Nickles he better go back to school. He needs to do the math again.

When he starts talking the developement of the Chutes use before the Nickles became the Nickles - he needs to go back and retake the class.

Next thing we know he will be declaring he knew Derry the man who DEVELOPED the chutes and the method and who TAUGHT these guys BEFORE the Nickels was even formed. They did NOT become the Nickles until after Derry met with them and they went thru his rigid training. The smoke Jumpers was NOT until 1945. As Lloyd and Floyd - they are both still alive. Go to the Smokejumper museum.

Floyd has OLD TIMERS, but Lloyed was still sharp the last time I spoke to him a few months ago.

So MatthewCline - have a little fun chewing on your own tongue for awhile. Perhaps you just MISHEARD - or where too young to understand.
Matt

When I take YOUR remarks OUT of my POST I am NOT misunderstanding a damn thing.

When you take my rebuttal out (censorship), and the links to the factual, and historical pages, you show how wrong you are.

Jo, your focuses on this, but you're mistaken. You're the one side tracking the thread. If you're really after the truth you will be OK when it comes out and not disappointed.

Matt


mrshutter45

Aug 10, 2012, 4:40 PM
Post #35305 of 54557 (29998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] "and in this corner" [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool


matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 10, 2012, 4:50 PM
Post #35306 of 54557 (29993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] "and in this corner" [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Cool

It is just fucking retarded! Facts are facts.

I am baffled.

Matt


skyjack71

Aug 10, 2012, 4:55 PM
Post #35307 of 54557 (29993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Repeat of WHAT I wrote:
Seems like a lot of individuals would like to take this post to task - go ahead, but DO not add things to a post that maked it appear the original person actually said certain things the way someone else did - recently such as BK!


In reply to:
I actually came into the thread to post more of the logs, but MatthewClines' post TICKED me off. So I did MORE and decided to let the CAT out of the BAG

I believe we have 2 individuals posting that are here for only one purpose. I am not going to make any accusations, but their positions seem to change consistenly and when one in particular reads or thinks I may have posted something that would jeopardize whatever their "assignment" is then one in particular tries to make me sound like I haven't got a clue.[
Perhaps he does NOT realize we have a couple of very very swift jumpers from the past who monitor this thread.

When anyone gets close - this one person makes sure the information is distorted and made to sound "futile". He built his reputation here on his supposed knowledge, but the old timers have seen thur his guise.

When this young whipper snapper starts talking Nickles he better go back to school. He needs to do the math again.

When he starts talking the developement of the Chutes use before the Nickles became the Nickles - he needs to go back and retake the class.

Next thing we know he will be declaring he knew Derry the man who DEVELOPED the chutes and the method and who TAUGHT these guys BEFORE the Nickels was even formed. They did NOT become the Nickles until after Derry met with them and they went thru his rigid training. The Smoke Jumpers did NOT forum until 1944. Ask Lloyd and Floyd - they are both still alive. Go to the Smokejumper museum.

Floyd has OLD TIMERS, but Lloyd was still sharp the last time I spoke to him a few months ago.

So MatthewCline - have a little fun chewing on your own tongue for awhile. Perhaps you just MISHEARD - or where too young to understand.
Matt
=============

Jo States:

When I take YOUR remarks OUT of my POST I am NOT misunderstanding a damn thing.
================

Matt States:
In reply to:
Jo, your focuses on this, but you're mistaken. You're the one side tracking the thread. If you're really after the truth you will be OK when it comes out and not disappointed.

Matt

=============

Jo's Rebuttal:

Duane Weber was on the ground in WA when the 555 was being trained by Derry to use his chutes and how to land with the equipment. He helped get the chutes and things out of the trees and he may have made a jump or two. Lots of guys got hurt right up front. We had the 555 on the ground and in the air with laymen, prison road workers, forestry individuals - they were running every which way. The communications and the co-ordination - and the map reading - ALL of this had to be taught to the 555's.

How the HELL do you think Duane knew the AREA without a map - even remote areas - if what the FBI claimed was true (that Duane had never been in WA.)

The guys thought they were going out there to do the usual types of jobs the Black were assigned to in those days. EVERYTHING CHANGED. This was the beginning of the great civil movement and it actual took place right there in WA...what was supposed to be dirty work turned out to be a NEW Horizon for the forestry and the 555's. and then every Black Service Man who came after them. The respect of the Nation was won and it changed the future.

NOW Cline if you really know anything about this at all - then you know what I have just said is true. I may not get dates on target, but my mind remembers things others forget.

The potential the 555 created and what came later - they won WHITE supporters who admired them and who stayed in touch with each other over the yrs. Why don't you find out the names of all of the original 555's who went to WA and where each one of them went later after the Nickles were sent to Walla Walla.

Senario: Does NOT mean the following statement are true.

One stayed in the WA area after his term was over. Do you know what he did - this man of honor shined shoes.

Another went to N.Orleans - doing what he knew how to do best - make music.

Only a few of these guys lived to see the recognition the Nickles received later on...only 3 of the original are alive (they may not be at this time).

377 will remember my telling about all of those patches I sold after Duane died - I did NOT know that one of those was the forefather to the new patch the guys got later on. Duane was a sentimental fool and he kept things.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 10, 2012, 5:10 PM)


skyjack71

Aug 10, 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #35308 of 54557 (29985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Repeat of WHAT I wrote:
Seems like a lot of individuals would like to take this post to task - go ahead, but DO not add things to a post that maked it appear the original person actually said certain things the way someone else did - recently such as BK!


In reply to:
I actually came into the thread to post more of the logs, but MatthewClines' post TICKED me off.Why? I was not and am not wrong.

So I did MORE and decided to let the CAT out of the BAG.What "cat"?

I believe we have 2 individuals posting that are here for only one purpose. I am not going to make any accusations, but their positions seem to change consistenly and when one in particular reads or thinks I may have posted something that would jeopardize whatever their "assignment" is then one in particular tries to make me sound like I haven't got a clue.Straight BK loonniesm

Perhaps he does NOT realize we have a couple of very very swift jumpers from the past who monitor this thread.I talk to many, but please introduce me to these fellows.

When anyone gets close - this one person makes sure the information is distorted and made to sound "futile". He built his reputation here on his supposed knowledge, but the old timers have seen thur his guise.Not about me, moving on.

When this young whipper snapper starts talking Nickles he better go back to school. He needs to do the math again.Funny, but I used the 555th own history, and it shows your MEMORIES to be flawed.

When he starts talking the developement of the Chutes use before the Nickles became the Nickles - he needs to go back and retake the class. You're now confusing two topics at a minimum

Next thing we know he will be declaring he knew Derry the man who DEVELOPED the chutes and the method and who TAUGHT these guys BEFORE the Nickels was even formed. They did NOT become the Nickles until after Derry met with them and they went thru his rigid training. The smoke Jumpers was NOT until 1945. As Lloyd and Floyd - they are both still alive. Go to the Smokejumper museum. Smoke jumpers and the US Army Airborne are two different items, your mixing things up, as well as ignoring facts and history again.

Floyd has OLD TIMERS, but Lloyed was still sharp the last time I spoke to him a few months ago.

So MatthewCline - have a little fun chewing on your own tongue for awhile. Perhaps you just MISHEARD - or where too young to understand.
Straight BK style post there Jo, well done. You two are obviously closer than the fighting here would allude to.

Matt

SmileTAKE OUT THE THINGS YOU ADD TO MY POST AND IT IS NOT BK STYLE - YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING ME HAVE TO REPOST AND REPOST. I HAVE TO TELL THE REST OF THE STORY AND YOU TAKE THIS ONE THING AND BLOW IT COMPLETELY OUT OF PORTIONS - SO I GUESS THAT MAKES YOU THE MOLE.

FrownNOW WHAT I JUST SAID - THAT DOES MAKE ME SOUND LIKE BK AND YOU MAKE ME SOUND LIKE BK WITH YOUR ADD-ONS TO MY POSTS- WITHIN MY POSTS. No one should alter another persons posts...the way you have been doing. Not everyone understands if they do not read back a couple of pages and this tactic should be stopped because it is a form of manipulation of words.

Does anyone know which post got Cline off on this - well, I do and he doesn't even mention that particular post.


Below is the POST that started all of this CRAP! Read and wonder why? It is a form of military distraction - Cline has been trained well....but he was never taught how to deal with a 72 yr old woman or was clueless as what to expect. I am not a 32 yr old whose mind can be played with. I will admit I am not sure of the yrs - but 1939 - NO WAY!


Unimpressed
Post I call POPPY COCK:


You need to check YOUR facts!

Yrs ago I was contacted and I have not been able to tell anyone what I was told (souce #1). I believed the source to be reliable so I checked it out and the second party was real.

I have kept my notes regarding the 2 conversations I had with the second party. Email was not used as a source of contact with the second party.

Without revealing who I was talking to this is a summary:

I spoke with a man employed at one time with CIA. I could NOT reveal what the 1st party told me. I question the 2ed party about a story I had been told regarding this 2ed party and Cooper being employed by the CIA to steal planes in Mexico and deliver them to operators in S. America - it is important to state this information did NOT come from the second party...something the 1st party had knowledge of.

I thought the story was Poppy Cock - I cannot reveal HOW I acquired this information or who I spoke to. Because I was under much stress, the second party found it within his heart to tell me enough to let me know I was sane. Talking to me was NOT without possible penalties and undesirable consequences...I had to go thru loops to contact him...he was very careful about what he told me...neither confirming or denying what the 1st party told me.

I was told that DIGGING into the matter was not a WISE thing to do. I actually only got 'vague' answers to my questions. The man held a very high position and was known to have heart and be honest....I think he was thinking "What if this was my wife - what would I want her to known".

Part II

Prior to this I had received UNTRACE-ABLE emails basically telling me the same and was provided some information that led to my first contact with Tina. I researched what I had, to be sure the information regarding Tina was not a hoax.

I thought the email leading me to Tina came from within the FBI itself and not the same source as above. Who else would know the information I was provided?

I acquired Tina's address and phone number 2 yrs prior to my contact with the second party I referred to earlier. I have used the location of her divorce as a ruse - so NO ONE would know exactly how I actually found her.

Knowing the county and state of her divorce I learned after the fact - but, used that as a ruse when I was questioned and drilled for yrs by Galen Cook to obtain the information from me. Galen Cook knew I knew how to contact her and was unrelenting in his methods and co-ersions to extract her contact information from me. Finally I relented, but only told him were to find her divorce papers - he needed to do a little work of his own!

NOW, you guys KNOW how I REALLY found Tina before anyone else. All I can tell you is the Tina information came under the quise of "RobbieClampett" in an untraceable manner. This information stopped 3 months before a certain High Ranking individual deceased.

I have sat on the above details for a very long time and used a ruse without actually telling a lie about how I received Tina's location prior to my contact with the above.

NOW you guys know the REST of the Story! How I found Tina before anyone else! Also why I know Duane was involved in something besides just being a skyjacker and con-man.

The story about planes - was actually part of the story regarding Ed Horan - another Mystery man who seemed to VANISH.....Ed was sick and talking when he should not have been....but, I did as he asked and never mentioned to Duane the short conversation he and I had in 1978 in Denver. Ed is the man who 3/4 yrs later WOULD not let me take his picture until Duane pulled him aside. I asked Duane what he told the man to get him to consent to my making the photo.

Duane answered with "I told him it was for our own private album and NO one would ever see it".
Now that is ODD the man did NOT want his picture taken. I have posted it in this thread because I could not find him and since he was in bad health in 1978 and 1982 was the last time Duane and I saw him....it was conceivable he was deceased. Now believe Ed Horan was not his REAL name.

Ed (in 1978) had told me about WA and the N.W. and he knew Duane from there and he talked about helicopters and planes. I had been left with ED for about 15 minutes while Duane went to get some medication for him in 1978.

Ed REALIZE he had rambled too much and had me swear not to mention the conversation to Duane and that Duane would tell him in his own time about this.



matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 10, 2012, 5:27 PM
Post #35309 of 54557 (29984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

I use bold so the points stay in context, you can take them back out, and out of context if you so choose, it doesn't make them wrong though.
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Repeat of WHAT I wrote:
Seems like a lot of individuals would like to take this post to task - go ahead, but DO not add things to a post that maked it appear the original person actually said certain things the way someone else did - recently such as BK!


In reply to:
I actually came into the thread to post more of the logs, but MatthewClines' post TICKED me off. So I did MORE and decided to let the CAT out of the BAG

I believe we have 2 individuals posting that are here for only one purpose. I am not going to make any accusations, but their positions seem to change consistenly and when one in particular reads or thinks I may have posted something that would jeopardize whatever their "assignment" is then one in particular tries to make me sound like I haven't got a clue.[
Perhaps he does NOT realize we have a couple of very very swift jumpers from the past who monitor this thread.

When anyone gets close - this one person makes sure the information is distorted and made to sound "futile". He built his reputation here on his supposed knowledge, but the old timers have seen thur his guise.

When this young whipper snapper starts talking Nickles he better go back to school. He needs to do the math again.

When he starts talking the developement of the Chutes use before the Nickles became the Nickles - he needs to go back and retake the class.

Next thing we know he will be declaring he knew Derry the man who DEVELOPED the chutes and the method and who TAUGHT these guys BEFORE the Nickels was even formed. They did NOT become the Nickles until after Derry met with them and they went thru his rigid training. The Smoke Jumpers did NOT forum until 1944. Ask Lloyd and Floyd - they are both still alive. Go to the Smokejumper museum.

Floyd has OLD TIMERS, but Lloyd was still sharp the last time I spoke to him a few months ago.

So MatthewCline - have a little fun chewing on your own tongue for awhile. Perhaps you just MISHEARD - or where too young to understand.
Matt
=============

Jo States:

When I take YOUR remarks OUT of my POST I am NOT misunderstanding a damn thing.
================

Matt States:
In reply to:
Jo, your focuses on this, but you're mistaken. You're the one side tracking the thread. If you're really after the truth you will be OK when it comes out and not disappointed.

Matt

=============

Jo's Rebuttal:

Duane Weber was on the ground in WA when the 555 was being trained by Derry to use his chutes and how to land with the equipment. He helped get the chutes and things out of the trees and he may have made a jump or two. Lots of guys got hurt right up front. We had the 555 on the ground and in the air with laymen, prison road workers, forestry individuals - they were running every which way. The communications and the co-ordination - and the map reading - ALL of this had to be taught to the 555's. All in various books, Duane could have bamboozled you. But it is true what the 555th did in 1945 when they go there.

How the HELL do you think Duane knew the AREA without a map - even remote areas - if what the FBI claimed was true (that Duane had never been in WA.)

The guys thought they were going out there to do the usual types of jobs the Black were assigned to in those days. EVERYTHING CHANGED. This was the beginning of the great civil movement and it actual took place right there in WA...what was supposed to be dirty work turned out to be a NEW Horizon for the forestry and the 555's. and then every Black Service Man who came after them. The respect of the Nation was won and it changed the future.

NOW Cline if you really know anything about this at all - then you know what I have just said is true. Mostly, minus the confusion of dates, which has been our big issue, nice to see you accept the facts. I may not get dates on target, but my mind remembers things others forget.

The potential the 555 created and what came later - they won WHITE supporters who admired them and who stayed in touch with each other over the yrs. Why don't you find out the names of all of the original 555's who went to WA and where each one of them went later after the Nickles were sent to Walla Walla. You forget my jumping with their association and meeting them I previously mentioned?

Senario: Does NOT mean the following statement are true.

One stayed in the WA area after his term was over. Do you know what he did - this man of honor shined shoes.

Another went to N.Orleans - doing what he knew how to do best - make music.

Only a few of these guys lived to see the recognition the Nickles received later on...only 3 of the original are alive (they may not be at this time).You say it may not be true, but it is, many did exactly those things. A few in Memphis became great Blues Artists.

377 will remember my telling about all of those patches I sold after Duane died - I did NOT know that one of those was the forefather to the new patch the guys got later on. Duane was a sentimental fool and he kept things.

Jo, maybe you will understand this. Duane may have worked as a prisoner with the 555th, or actually the Forestry Service detail supporting them. I never questioned that, others have. I did point out an issue with ONE LINE in an article you quoted. The in an effort to try and tell me how I did my job for 21+ years wrong , you decided to travel this path of history while ignoring facts.

Fact: 1939 the US testes Smoke Jumping.
Fact:1940 The US Used Smoke Jumpers.
Fact: 1945 the 555th Arrived in the NW to fight fires caused by the Japanese Fire Bombs.

Theory: Duane Weber helped in the 555th's Mission in 1945.
Theory: He jumped with the 555th (not too likely, given the times)
Theory; ANY static line training of that time, would be transferable to a Freefall Jump.

I have never hidden I do not think Duane Weber, the two bit hood, was smart enough and skilled enough to have been "Cooper". I have never failed in showing that the flaws ion that theory. Maybe this current "point" re-sparked your earlier anger at me for not backing your theory.

But, I never posted an incorrect fact (TTBOMK) per the two entities web sites. All our memories fail.

Matt
Matt


matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 10, 2012, 5:30 PM
Post #35310 of 54557 (30337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Repeat of WHAT I wrote:
Seems like a lot of individuals would like to take this post to task - go ahead, but DO not add things to a post that maked it appear the original person actually said certain things the way someone else did - recently such as BK!


In reply to:
I actually came into the thread to post more of the logs, but MatthewClines' post TICKED me off.Why? I was not and am not wrong.

So I did MORE and decided to let the CAT out of the BAG.What "cat"?

I believe we have 2 individuals posting that are here for only one purpose. I am not going to make any accusations, but their positions seem to change consistenly and when one in particular reads or thinks I may have posted something that would jeopardize whatever their "assignment" is then one in particular tries to make me sound like I haven't got a clue.Straight BK loonniesm

Perhaps he does NOT realize we have a couple of very very swift jumpers from the past who monitor this thread.I talk to many, but please introduce me to these fellows.

When anyone gets close - this one person makes sure the information is distorted and made to sound "futile". He built his reputation here on his supposed knowledge, but the old timers have seen thur his guise.Not about me, moving on.

When this young whipper snapper starts talking Nickles he better go back to school. He needs to do the math again.Funny, but I used the 555th own history, and it shows your MEMORIES to be flawed.

When he starts talking the developement of the Chutes use before the Nickles became the Nickles - he needs to go back and retake the class. You're now confusing two topics at a minimum

Next thing we know he will be declaring he knew Derry the man who DEVELOPED the chutes and the method and who TAUGHT these guys BEFORE the Nickels was even formed. They did NOT become the Nickles until after Derry met with them and they went thru his rigid training. The smoke Jumpers was NOT until 1945. As Lloyd and Floyd - they are both still alive. Go to the Smokejumper museum. Smoke jumpers and the US Army Airborne are two different items, your mixing things up, as well as ignoring facts and history again.

Floyd has OLD TIMERS, but Lloyed was still sharp the last time I spoke to him a few months ago.

So MatthewCline - have a little fun chewing on your own tongue for awhile. Perhaps you just MISHEARD - or where too young to understand.
Straight BK style post there Jo, well done. You two are obviously closer than the fighting here would allude to.

Matt

SmileTAKE OUT THE THINGS YOU ADD TO MY POST AND IT IS NOT BK STYLE - YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING ME HAVE TO REPOST AND REPOST. I HAVE TO TELL THE REST OF THE STORY AND YOU TAKE THIS ONE THING AND BLOW IT COMPLETELY OUT OF PORTIONS - SO I GUESS THAT MAKES YOU THE MOLE.

FrownNOW WHAT I JUST SAID - THAT DOES MAKE ME SOUND LIKE BK AND YOU MAKE ME SOUND LIKE BK WITH YOUR ADD-ONS TO MY POSTS- WITHIN MY POSTS. No one should alter another persons posts...the way you have been doing. Not everyone understands if they do not read back a couple of pages and this tactic should be stopped because it is a form of manipulation of words.

Does anyone know which post got Cline off on this - well, I do and he doesn't even mention that particular post.


Below is the POST that started all of this CRAP! Read and wonder why? It is a form of military distraction - Cline has been trained well....but he was never taught how to deal with a 72 yr old woman or was clueless as what to expect. I am not a 32 yr old whose mind can be played with. I will admit I am not sure of the yrs - but 1939 - NO WAY!


Unimpressed
Post I call POPPY COCK:


You need to check YOUR facts!

Yrs ago I was contacted and I have not been able to tell anyone what I was told (souce #1). I believed the source to be reliable so I checked it out and the second party was real.

I have kept my notes regarding the 2 conversations I had with the second party. Email was not used as a source of contact with the second party.

Without revealing who I was talking to this is a summary:

I spoke with a man employed at one time with CIA. I could NOT reveal what the 1st party told me. I question the 2ed party about a story I had been told regarding this 2ed party and Cooper being employed by the CIA to steal planes in Mexico and deliver them to operators in S. America - it is important to state this information did NOT come from the second party...something the 1st party had knowledge of.

I thought the story was Poppy Cock - I cannot reveal HOW I acquired this information or who I spoke to. Because I was under much stress, the second party found it within his heart to tell me enough to let me know I was sane. Talking to me was NOT without possible penalties and undesirable consequences...I had to go thru loops to contact him...he was very careful about what he told me...neither confirming or denying what the 1st party told me.

I was told that DIGGING into the matter was not a WISE thing to do. I actually only got 'vague' answers to my questions. The man held a very high position and was known to have heart and be honest....I think he was thinking "What if this was my wife - what would I want her to known".

Part II

Prior to this I had received UNTRACE-ABLE emails basically telling me the same and was provided some information that led to my first contact with Tina. I researched what I had, to be sure the information regarding Tina was not a hoax.

I thought the email leading me to Tina came from within the FBI itself and not the same source as above. Who else would know the information I was provided?

I acquired Tina's address and phone number 2 yrs prior to my contact with the second party I referred to earlier. I have used the location of her divorce as a ruse - so NO ONE would know exactly how I actually found her.

Knowing the county and state of her divorce I learned after the fact - but, used that as a ruse when I was questioned and drilled for yrs by Galen Cook to obtain the information from me. Galen Cook knew I knew how to contact her and was unrelenting in his methods and co-ersions to extract her contact information from me. Finally I relented, but only told him were to find her divorce papers - he needed to do a little work of his own!

NOW, you guys KNOW how I REALLY found Tina before anyone else. All I can tell you is the Tina information came under the quise of "RobbieClampett" in an untraceable manner. This information stopped 3 months before a certain High Ranking individual deceased.

I have sat on the above details for a very long time and used a ruse without actually telling a lie about how I received Tina's location prior to my contact with the above.

NOW you guys know the REST of the Story! How I found Tina before anyone else! Also why I know Duane was involved in something besides just being a skyjacker and con-man.

The story about planes - was actually part of the story regarding Ed Horan - another Mystery man who seemed to VANISH.....Ed was sick and talking when he should not have been....but, I did as he asked and never mentioned to Duane the short conversation he and I had in 1978 in Denver. Ed is the man who 3/4 yrs later WOULD not let me take his picture until Duane pulled him aside. I asked Duane what he told the man to get him to consent to my making the photo.

Duane answered with "I told him it was for our own private album and NO one would ever see it".
Now that is ODD the man did NOT want his picture taken. I have posted it in this thread because I could not find him and since he was in bad health in 1978 and 1982 was the last time Duane and I saw him....it was conceivable he was deceased. Now believe Ed Horan was not his REAL name.

Ed (in 1978) had told me about WA and the N.W. and he knew Duane from there and he talked about helicopters and planes. I had been left with ED for about 15 minutes while Duane went to get some medication for him in 1978.

Ed REALIZE he had rambled too much and had me swear not to mention the conversation to Duane and that Duane would tell him in his own time about this.

You are seriously off your rocker.

Matt

PS I manipulated no words, my words attached to yours in direct answer to a false point has been easy to follow, accept by you.


mrshutter45

Aug 10, 2012, 7:12 PM
Post #35311 of 54557 (30330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Smoke Jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post


Smokejumping was first proposed in 1934 by T.V. Pearson, the Forest Service Intermountain Regional Forester, as a means to quickly provide initial attack on forest fires. By parachuting in, self-sufficient firefighters could arrive fresh and ready for the strenuous work of fighting fires in rugged terrain. The smokejumper program began in 1939 as an experiment in the Pacific Northwest Region, and the first fire jump was made in 1940 on Idaho's Nez Perce National Forest in the Northern Region. In 1981, the first woman smokejumper in the nation successfully completed the training program at the McCall Smokejumper Base in Idaho.

Site two Forrest Service

The Forest Service began with experimental trials here in the fall of 1939. These early jumps proved that firefighters could safely parachute into the rugged timbered mountains to suppress wildfires, minimizing suppression cost and the loss of timber resources. Today the Department of Agriculture-Forest Service and the Department of the Interior-Bureau of Land Management have almost 400 smokejumpers at nine primary locations in the western United States and Alaska. The North Cascades Smokejumper Base provides initial fire attack for the forests of central and northern Washington State.

555

Activation
The unit was activated as a result of a recommendation made in December 1942 by the Advisory Committee on Negro Troop Policies, chaired by the Assistant Secretary of War, John J. McCloy. In approving the committee's recommendation for a black parachute battalion, Chief of Staff General George C. Marshall decided to start with a company, and on 25 February 1943 the 555th Parachute Infantry Company was constituted.
On 19 December 1943, Headquarters, Army Ground Forces, authorized the activation of the company as an all-black unit with black officers as well as black enlisted men. All unit members were to be volunteers, with an enlisted cadre to be selected from personnel of the 92d Infantry Division at Fort Huachuca, Arizona.
The company was officially activated on 30 December 1943 at Fort Benning, Georgia. After several months of training, the unit moved to Camp Mackall, North Carolina, where it was reorganized and redesignated on 25 November 1944 as Company A of the newly-activated 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion


(This post was edited by mrshutter45 on Aug 10, 2012, 7:16 PM)


skyjack71

Aug 10, 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #35312 of 54557 (30306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

Matt Stated:
In reply to:
Jo your facts are false, or maybe you misunderstood.

So now Duane is a CIA Operative stealing planes for the CIA?

Jo Replies:

NOW did I SAY Duane was a CIA Operative stealing planes for the CIA? NO! I said Cooper not Duane.

You are the one changing directions or misunderstanding.
Go back and read the post. I was relaying a conversation with a man in 2006, who was questioned shortly after Cooper did his thing. A few yrs before the skyjacking this man claimed he and Cooper were employed by the CIA (by the way this man's connection are very well known). They were stealing planes in Mexico and taking them to an operation in S.America. I was told digging into this matter was NOT a WISE thing to do.

Your source of information regarding the history of Smoke Jumping and the 555 and the formation of the Nickels is not the only source available.


mrshutter45

Aug 10, 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #35313 of 54557 (30291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [matthewcline] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-PIsRMKjcQ


skyjack71

Aug 10, 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #35314 of 54557 (30280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post


Thank YOU!

I just spent the last fricking hour looking for my damn Nickels FILE.
and when I came back to the thread after taking a pill - to tell Cline to go to HELL and NEVER COME BACK - you had stumbled up on one of my sources. Then I found my communications with some of the OLD TIMERS.

THIS ALL is connected to the Balloon Bombs. The Balloon Bombs where WHY the 555 was even sent to WA. If the site is the one you found - it will show a video that makes KLINE look like the Idiot he has tried recently to make me appear as.

In the video you will see - ground guys running around trying to help the "jumper in training" learning how to jump with the DAMN equip they would need. The 555 had a lot to learn about being Smoke Jumpers and they had to learn to find their way with the forestry maps. (Duane sure knew his way around without maps).

I happen to KNOW about where the video was made and the guys you see running around are prisoner workers and forestry guys...the utilized anyone they could to fight the fires.

Derry had to do give these guys (the 555) some fast training because what they were going to be doing was very different from the kind of jumping they had been trained in.

One man (one of the orginal 555's) made a personal written accounting of what happened in 1944. YOU see WHAT I have been saying is TRUE and ACCURATE. I do NOT know where KLINE gets his damn information - but it is completely miss leading and it is ON PURPOSE...Kline is a MOLE! Either that or he is purposely trying to confuse the facts.

I have NO idea WHY some PEOPLE want to MAKE themselve part of this - but Kline has motives and that is obvious. Another person with self importance like CARR who wants to make himself heard.

When he could no long attack BK - he started ATTACKING my information. I had prior to his doing this decided to start posting the major things I learned between 2000 and 2006 which I had never made part of this thread, but this he started thing on me...the effect of this was to get me to do what I did - get off base, but it is back firing and firing fast.

Because I lifted some things (to find files) I am not supposed to and got upset - I am hurting on top of being upset.

BEFORE MY Medication takes effect:

Take NOTE of this the 555 trained at FT. Benning at a time Duane Weber was in the ARMY in 1942/1943 at Camp Siebert (he was only there for a few wks). Camp Siebert and Ft Benning all went to Columbus for entertainment.

Remember that Duane was often mistaken as BLACK. NO I am not saying he was one of these guys - I KNOW he was doing CWF at Camp Siebert and he worked on the ground.

I expect when the 555 got to WA, Duane just happened to be one of the ground guys - be it prison or forestry or connected to Derry (he reconnected with the past). Duane as all of you know was often mistaken for Black. Also remember Duane's Uncle was called back because of the CWF as he had helped develope it during WW1 and he did a few months of Public Service for the War Effort when they recalled him in 1944 because of the BALLOON Bombs - his name was Lyman Van Buren Weber - look it up in the census it is there.

Lyman Van Buren Weber was also Duane's connections to St. Petersburg, Fl.

Hope KLINE sticks this where it will really hurt. I will probably get kicked out of the thread for this, but I am sick and tired of guys like him and the FBI agents who NEVER listened to me at all. I have been telling this for YRS, but NO one heard me. Proving it does NOT make Weber Cooper, but it sure makes him familiar with jumpers and the WA area and knowledge of how to make the jump.

Duane's knowledge of the BOEING came from his brother and a friend of his brother...the friend and the brother bought property in Tacoma together - Both were connected to Boeing - but the FBI would not even look at this information. WELL, I know where to find it and how to find it - I just have to get back to WA., but I will not be able to do so. What I am looking for is in Tacoma or Pullyallup and makes the connections.

NO ONE CARES BUT ME! AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I CARE OTHER THAN WHEN DUANE TOLD ME WHAT HE TOLD ME HE WANTED IT KNOW AND HE WAS ANGRY I DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT! Now I know and no one HEARS ME - so I understand his frustrations with me on that day in March - 11 days before he died.

I have to go lie down and try to relax, but I will leave the site up to see if anyone replies, but probably will not try to make a reply the way I am feeling.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 10, 2012, 11:03 PM)


RobertMBlevins

Aug 10, 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #35315 of 54557 (30276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post

Georger says in part:

Quote:
'That the FBi refuses to share the dna evidence they have should not be taken as an excuse to claim they have none. And, that the evidence is at least exclusionary, as Ckret said, is significant. Maybe 377 knows but is not saying. That kind of thing would cut through all arguments and diversions, where people claiming suspects always seek to avoid responsibility for their claims - as if the avoiding and shifting of responsibility was itself
important evidence, in the DB Cooper case !...'

Talk about conjecture. You don't have a clue...and you call me a 'flim flam'. The DNA sample can exclude people, supposedly, and the FBI has been pretty open about announcing when an attempted test has been a no-match, such as they did with Marla Cooper, or Weber. So they haven't been exactly keeping that a secret.

In addition, since the tie itself has been handled by who-knows how many people, it is impossible to say for certain whether the sample is viable, mixed, or even came from the hijacker.

In other words, the DNA sample COULD be from the first few FBI agents who picked up the tie. No one really knows for sure. I think what the FBI is doing is this:

They got a partial from the tie. They don't know if it originated from the hijacker or a monkey, or another agent. Using this logic, they could actually eliminate someone who was guilty...and even if you believe the sample is viable...any decent lawyer could use the above points to have the whole thing tossed out of court. Using DNA evidence in court is very chain-specific. And that tie has more breaks in the evidence chain than you can count.

Unless the FBI can link the tie to a specific suspect in a way OTHER than DNA...it is USELESS AS EVIDENCE. You couldn't even get a warrant based on anything about it except that...certainly not the sample itself.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 10, 2012, 11:04 PM)


skyjack71

Aug 10, 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #35316 of 54557 (30268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post

Robert please be silent for awhile. Please! Do not distract these guys away from this conversation or you make yourself part of the deception that has been going on. You live in WA - see what you can find on the Balloon Bombs and the activities of the 555 in 1944.
Make yourself useful in helping bring this to an end.

"Unless the FBI can link the tie to a specific suspect in a way OTHER than DNA...it is USELESS AS EVIDENCE".

Exactly the point - the tie supposedly was not located during the initial taking of evidence - I have heard 4 hrs and 4 days. Since the airlines needed to get that plane back in the air - 4 hours is more logical.


(This post was edited by skyjack71 on Aug 10, 2012, 11:27 PM)


smokin99

Aug 10, 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #35317 of 54557 (30265 views)
Shortcut
Jeez Louise...just saying.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Lord have mercy, is it just me or has this forum gone to hell in a hand basket? I used to love coming on here and joining in the discourse. Folks keeping an open mind and, yes, agreeing to disagree - though sometimes being asinine and having to take a Quade-cation.
But overall, most of us have enjoyed the interesting dialogue on a variety of subjects -- from parachuting to weather to facial patterns to tie clips to flight paths to jets to psychological makeup of hijackers and victims to cords and money finds and transcripts and outcome scenarios and "my DB is better than your DB and here's why"........I could go on and on about the myriad paths discussions have taken....... but I won't waste anymore of your time....thoughtful readers get my drift.

I don't even read most of the posts anymore - it's all such bickering bullshit. What happened? Will we ever get our forum back?

Never mind...just venting..No response needed to a rhetorical question.

Sigh......it is what it is but hope springs eternal. Smile


(This post was edited by smokin99 on Aug 10, 2012, 11:23 PM)


georger

Aug 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #35318 of 54557 (30255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post

  

In addition, since the tie itself has been handled by who-knows how many people, it is impossible to say for certain whether the sample is viable, mixed, or even came from the hijacker.

In other words, the DNA sample COULD be from the first few FBI agents who picked up the tie. No one really knows for sure. I think what the FBI is doing is this:

They got a partial from the tie. They don't know if it originated from the hijacker or a monkey, or another agent. Using this logic, they could actually eliminate someone who was guilty...and even if you believe the sample is viable...any decent lawyer could use the above points to have the whole thing tossed out of court. Using DNA evidence in court is very chain-specific. And that tie has more breaks in the evidence chain than you can count.

Unless the FBI can link the tie to a specific suspect in a way OTHER than DNA...it is USELESS AS EVIDENCE. You couldn't even get a warrant based on anything about it except that...certainly not the sample itself.
Multiple donors would be identified - easily.

The rest of your post is nonsense.

You don't know anything about this subject. Your
statements make that perfectly clear.


airtwardo  (D License)

Aug 11, 2012, 1:06 AM
Post #35319 of 54557 (30249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smokin99] Jeez Louise...just saying.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Lord have mercy, is it just me or has this forum gone to hell in a hand basket? I used to love coming on here and joining in the discourse. Folks keeping an open mind and, yes, agreeing to disagree - though sometimes being asinine and having to take a Quade-cation.
But overall, most of us have enjoyed the interesting dialogue on a variety of subjects -- from parachuting to weather to facial patterns to tie clips to flight paths to jets to psychological makeup of hijackers and victims to cords and money finds and transcripts and outcome scenarios and "my DB is better than your DB and here's why"........I could go on and on about the myriad paths discussions have taken....... but I won't waste anymore of your time....thoughtful readers get my drift.

I don't even read most of the posts anymore - it's all such bickering bullshit. What happened? Will we ever get our forum back?

Never mind...just venting..No response needed to a rhetorical question.

Sigh......it is what it is but hope springs eternal. Smile


Yup! Unimpressed


RobertMBlevins

Aug 11, 2012, 1:07 AM
Post #35320 of 54557 (30269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [georger] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:


In addition, since the tie itself has been handled by who-knows how many people, it is impossible to say for certain whether the sample is viable, mixed, or even came from the hijacker.

In other words, the DNA sample COULD be from the first few FBI agents who picked up the tie. No one really knows for sure. I think what the FBI is doing is this:

They got a partial from the tie. They don't know if it originated from the hijacker or a monkey, or another agent. Using this logic, they could actually eliminate someone who was guilty...and even if you believe the sample is viable...any decent lawyer could use the above points to have the whole thing tossed out of court. Using DNA evidence in court is very chain-specific. And that tie has more breaks in the evidence chain than you can count.

Unless the FBI can link the tie to a specific suspect in a way OTHER than DNA...it is USELESS AS EVIDENCE. You couldn't even get a warrant based on anything about it except that...certainly not the sample itself.

Multiple donors would be identified - easily.

The rest of your post is nonsense.

You don't know anything about this subject. Your
statements make that perfectly clear.
The DNA on the tie is USELESS as evidence. Even if the FBI did a 'fail to eliminate' on the tie with a suspect, this would prove absolutely nothing. Any good lawyer would have it tossed out instantly for breaking the chain of evidence. If you know about DNA evidence, you should know that. And would you trust the FBI's results anyway on such a test? The only good samples they had (cigarette butts) were lost. The tie will never prove, nor will it ever convict anyone of the hijacking...unless they can link it to the suspect without relying on the supposed valid sample.

And by the way...since you insist on referring to me as 'the Flim Flam man,' this also infers I have lied somewhere along the line, including posts to this thread. You can't be a Flim-Flammer without a lie or three.

Tell me exactly where I LIED about something regarding this case, or retract that assessment.

To everyone else: It's late, and I have to go to bed. Good thing I took a big nap earlier...I will be at the Auburn Avenue Theatre in Auburn, Washington tomorrow from 9AM to 5PM. If you happen to be in the Puget Sound area and you'd like to discuss anything with me (even non-Cooper) drop by and have some fun. The refreshments are free. If I'm not at the theater here or there, it just means I'm out judging the Car Show and will be right back. You can speak to Gayla for more info. She will be the one passing out the refreshments. Smile

Good night...and wish me luck tomorrow.


(This post was edited by RobertMBlevins on Aug 11, 2012, 1:16 AM)
Attachments: 2012LitPosterScreenDisplayOnly.gif (65.5 KB)


georger

Aug 11, 2012, 1:51 AM
Post #35321 of 54557 (30244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RobertMBlevins] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post

 
The DNA on the tie is USELESS as evidence. Even if the FBI did a 'fail to eliminate' on the tie with a suspect, this would prove absolutely nothing. Any good lawyer would have it tossed out instantly for breaking the chain of evidence. If you know about DNA evidence, you should know that. And would you trust the FBI's results anyway on such a test? The only good samples they had (cigarette butts) were lost. The tie will never prove, nor will it ever convict anyone of the hijacking...unless they can link it to the suspect without relying on the supposed valid sample.
'did a "fail to eliminate" '.

sounds like you are an expert.

with great authority.


(This post was edited by georger on Aug 11, 2012, 2:19 AM)


BobKnoss

Aug 11, 2012, 5:50 AM
Post #35322 of 54557 (30219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] X chute [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
well anyway you look at it the chute is missing, tossing it was only a thought, the area in which it would of landed is much larger than the chute itself and could easily be hanging in the trees all this time? I don't know, given the size and color of it VS the terrain one would tend to believe it would be hard to spot unless you tripped over it.

to date nobody has any proof what so ever how he went out of the back of the plane, I am currently working on a project in hopes of finding some answers to this, I don't know at this stage, I don't know if anything will be found, but I will be able to tell you if the flight path is correct. Cool

one of the best tools is recreation, I'm going back to the scene of the crime so to speak and see what can be uncovered, corrected or confirmed for that matter!

If the FBI vacuum cleaners that cleaned the plane in Reno were any good at all, they would contain the string that was used by TOG to sew the X chute closed. Weber would have cut the string with his pocket knife like he was told to do, and used that chute on his back. The string would probably be in short pieces. I heard the instructions as they were given to Weber. The X chute was put in his storage compartment in 1968, sewn shut to insure no tampering by uninformed SA's during retrieval. I'll be happy to certify this for you, along with each and every segment of the Norjak Project.

P.S.: An experienced jumper is a joke in trying to assist in analyzing this incident, since NOTHING is standard procedure. EVERYTHING is dyslexic... backwards. Having flatulence between the ears is not the same as having dyslexia. Analyzing planted evidence and misinformation is not dyslexic either, but it is backwards, which is not the same as smart, which rhymes with fart, which we already discussed. It's a professional circle jerk here. Not my sort of game, but you are funny to watch.
Rub-a-dub-dub
Three men in a tub,
And how do you think they got there?
The jumper, the faker, the fabricator,
They all jumped out of a rotten potato,
'Twas enough to make a man stare.


(This post was edited by BobKnoss on Aug 11, 2012, 6:07 AM)
Attachments: run2.jpg (35.5 KB)


matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 11, 2012, 7:30 AM
Post #35323 of 54557 (30207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjack71] Ticked OFF [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Matt Stated:
In reply to:
Jo your facts are false, or maybe you misunderstood.

So now Duane is a CIA Operative stealing planes for the CIA?

Jo Replies:

NOW did I SAY Duane was a CIA Operative stealing planes for the CIA? NO! I said Cooper not Duane.

You are the one changing directions or misunderstanding.
Go back and read the post. I was relaying a conversation with a man in 2006, who was questioned shortly after Cooper did his thing. A few yrs before the skyjacking this man claimed he and Cooper were employed by the CIA (by the way this man's connection are very well known). They were stealing planes in Mexico and taking them to an operation in S.America. I was told digging into this matter was NOT a WISE thing to do.

Your source of information regarding the history of Smoke Jumping and the 555 and the formation of the Nickels is not the only source available.

But you have maintained all along that Duane was Cooper, so which is it now?

He wasn't?

Matt


matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 11, 2012, 7:37 AM
Post #35324 of 54557 (30205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Smoke Jump video [In reply to] Can't Post


Yep, look at the quotes, same quotes I used, same on the dates. But They can't be right because the guy with Alzheimer's that Jo spoke to says some thing different.

November 0f 1944 the 555th was still at Bragg NC. hmmm.

Matt


matthewcline  (D 21585)

Aug 11, 2012, 7:39 AM
Post #35325 of 54557 (30204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Smoke Jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Smokejumping was first proposed in 1934 by T.V. Pearson, the Forest Service Intermountain Regional Forester, as a means to quickly provide initial attack on forest fires. By parachuting in, self-sufficient firefighters could arrive fresh and ready for the strenuous work of fighting fires in rugged terrain. The smokejumper program began in 1939 as an experiment in the Pacific Northwest Region, and the first fire jump was made in 1940 on Idaho's Nez Perce National Forest in the Northern Region. In 1981, the first woman smokejumper in the nation successfully completed the training program at the McCall Smokejumper Base in Idaho.

Site two Forrest Service

The Forest Service began with experimental trials here in the fall of 1939. These early jumps proved that firefighters could safely parachute into the rugged timbered mountains to suppress wildfires, minimizing suppression cost and the loss of timber resources. Today the Department of Agriculture-Forest Service and the Department of the Interior-Bureau of Land Management have almost 400 smokejumpers at nine primary locations in the western United States and Alaska. The North Cascades Smokejumper Base provides initial fire attack for the forests of central and northern Washington State.

555

Activation
The unit was activated as a result of a recommendation made in December 1942 by the Advisory Committee on Negro Troop Policies, chaired by the Assistant Secretary of War, John J. McCloy. In approving the committee's recommendation for a black parachute battalion, Chief of Staff General George C. Marshall decided to start with a company, and on 25 February 1943 the 555th Parachute Infantry Company was constituted.
On 19 December 1943, Headquarters, Army Ground Forces, authorized the activation of the company as an all-black unit with black officers as well as black enlisted men. All unit members were to be volunteers, with an enlisted cadre to be selected from personnel of the 92d Infantry Division at Fort Huachuca, Arizona.
The company was officially activated on 30 December 1943 at Fort Benning, Georgia. After several months of training, the unit moved to Camp Mackall, North Carolina, where it was reorganized and redesignated on 25 November 1944 as Company A of the newly-activated 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion

She and BK will all claim you made this up, since it came from a "computer" and not sworn to by one of them.

Matt


First page Previous page 1 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 ... 2183 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Skydiving : Skydiving History & Trivia

 


Search for (options)