Forums: Skydiving: General Skydiving Discussions:
Any dropzones in the NorthEast have a tailgate?

ChrisL  (C 35323)

Jul 31, 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #1 of 7 (751 views)
Shortcut
Any dropzones in the NorthEast have a tailgate? Can't Post

We used to have a skyvan at Cross Keys but its been gone for a few years.

I loved that airplane!

Jumped a CASA a few times at the last WFFC. Loved that one too Smile

Any other dropzones in the northeast have a Skyvan, a CASA, or any other tailgate aircraft?

If not, how far do I have to travel?

hillson  (D 33134)

Jul 31, 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #2 of 7 (703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ChrisL] Any dropzones in the NorthEast have a tailgate? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sky's the Limit in East Stroudsburg, PA has one, IIRC. Whether it is flying / how often it flies...dunno. Give 'em a ring. Google tells me it is 2.5hrs from X-Keys to StL.

We had all of their aircraft (SkyVan, 900hp G.Caravan, T.Otter with -34s...) over the winter. I miss them...they were very fast.

http://skydive.skysthelimit.net/

Premier billvon  (D 16479)
Jul 31, 2012, 1:57 PM
Post #3 of 7 (676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ChrisL] Any dropzones in the NorthEast have a tailgate? [In reply to] Can't Post

Doesn't CSS still have the CASA?

Blamey  (A 56669)

Jul 31, 2012, 2:44 PM
Post #4 of 7 (659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hillson] Any dropzones in the NorthEast have a tailgate? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Sky's the Limit in East Stroudsburg, PA has one, IIRC. Whether it is flying / how often it flies...dunno. Give 'em a ring. Google tells me it is 2.5hrs from X-Keys to StL.

We had all of their aircraft (SkyVan, 900hp G.Caravan, T.Otter with -34s...) over the winter. I miss them...they were very fast.

http://skydive.skysthelimit.net/

I have been jumping at Sky's the Limit for the whole summer and only had one day when they were flying the Sky Van. they do fly it when it is there but I think they rent it out a lot. I'd give them a call to see if it's around before heading up there.

(This post was edited by Blamey on Jul 31, 2012, 2:44 PM)

DBCOOPER  (D 24112)

Jul 31, 2012, 5:54 PM
Post #5 of 7 (617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billvon] Any dropzones in the NorthEast have a tailgate? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Doesn't CSS still have the CASA?

CSS cease to exist... For several years now...

dzjnky  (D 28727)

Aug 7, 2012, 9:13 PM
Post #6 of 7 (445 views)
Shortcut

There will be a skyvan visiting CPI in Ellington, CT for their "Second Annual 50th Anniversary Boogie" August 9-12. Check their website www.skydivect.com

There will also be a skyvan at Pepperell's boogie August 23-26 - www.skyjump.com

After that, the skyvan usually makes the trip up to SNE for Tiki Bar Weekend 8/31 - 9/3, but I do not see any info about boogie aircraft on their website yet: www.skydivenewengland.com

So you have to time it right, but yea, there are sometimes tailgate aircraft in the NorthEast... Jumping the Caribou last year at Jumptown was AWESOME!!!! Can't wait for that bird to surface nearby again!!!

Fullmoon  (C 38934)

Aug 8, 2012, 11:10 AM
Post #7 of 7 (394 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chris. Skydive Long Island has their annual CASA boogie this year 14 - 16 September. It's worth the drive and the people are great and the landing area is huge.

Forums : Skydiving : General Skydiving Discussions

Search for (options)