Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
New to skydiving and loving it

rach72  (Student)

Jul 30, 2012, 7:57 AM
Post #1 of 8 (737 views)
Shortcut
New to skydiving and loving it Can't Post

I'm Rach and new to skydiving. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself since I have been lurking around on dropzone for a year taking in as much information as I could.

I did my first 3 tandems last summer. Yesterday I did my AFF 1 at Kapowsin. It was awesome! I had an unstable exit but after a while it dawned on me I needed to relax my body and arch. With my instructor's help I got stable and the second instructor was able to dock and things seemed to go pretty smooth from there. While I was unstable I surprised myself that I felt so calm about the whole thing. It was like Oh yeah I need to be doing this and I did it. That makes me happy knowing I didn't freak out. I will say it was a fun ride. Wink I had amazing instructors and so much fun. I can't wait to finish up my aff. Everyone I have met has been so friendly and helpful.

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jul 30, 2012, 9:56 AM
Post #2 of 8 (716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rach72] New to skydiving and loving it [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile Good job on being aware of your body position in freefall. I bet that's a good sign that you'll be a good skydiver. Now, how are your canopy skills?

JohnMitchell  (D 6462)

Jul 30, 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #3 of 8 (705 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rachel.Cool

That jump was great. I loved helping you flip back over and you stuck the rest of the jump. You better keep going and become a skydiver 'cause your smile looks GREAT in freefall.

John

PPL

Jul 30, 2012, 4:18 PM
Post #4 of 8 (660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnMitchell] New to skydiving and loving it [In reply to] Can't Post

Almost identical to my first AFF jump. Even when I was tumbling through the air I was calm. Weird.

rach72  (Student)

Aug 5, 2012, 5:23 PM
Post #5 of 8 (576 views)
Shortcut

Did AFF 2 today and had a stable exit. I felt really good about that. Still need to perfect my arch and legs. Landing needs lots of practice. :) Turned a little to much so wasn't going into the wind and ended up sliding in on my butt. I didn't break anything so I consider that a plus. Smile I am really enjoying this.

LookUpHigh  (A 65765)

Aug 9, 2012, 8:05 AM
Post #6 of 8 (529 views)
Shortcut

good luck this weekend Rach!

rach72  (Student)

Aug 20, 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #7 of 8 (476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LookUpHigh] New to skydiving and loving it [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
good luck this weekend Rach!

Thank you. I ended up not going that weekend due to a death in the family but I did make it this past weekend and successfully completed 3 & 4. It was really awesome. How are your jumps going? Have you completed AFF yet?

rach72  (Student)

Sep 3, 2012, 9:16 AM
Post #8 of 8 (432 views)
Shortcut

I finished AFF on Saturday! I busted out the last 3 and got it done. It was so much fun.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)