Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Wing Suit Flying:
Skydive Elsinore Reference Guide

Premier DSE  (D 29060)
Jul 30, 2012, 6:50 AM
Post #1 of 9 (997 views)
Shortcut
Skydive Elsinore Reference Guide Can't Post

At Skydive Elsinore, we have a reference guide for the coaches that have been trained here. Several have asked for the latest update to be public; perhaps it'll be of use to coaches out there.
Many thanks to Jeff Donohue and Alan Martinez for the legal vetting on the front end of the document.
The manual is intended for use with the training videos we have posted online (and a few we haven't).

SEWS REFERENCE GUIDE

normiss  (D 28356)

Jul 30, 2012, 8:04 AM
Post #2 of 9 (965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DSE] Skydive Elsinore Reference Guide [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent!
Cool

llloyd  (C License)

Jul 30, 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #3 of 9 (905 views)
Shortcut

Thanks DSE. I'm no coach but there's some great information in there for me to digest.

Cheers,
llloyd.

5.samadhi

Jul 30, 2012, 2:35 PM
Post #4 of 9 (861 views)
Shortcut

you're awesome!

ps you write "wingsuiters are either last or first in the exit order"

What are the cases where a wingsuiter would need to exit before the other regular skydivers?

(This post was edited by 5.samadhi on Jul 30, 2012, 2:42 PM)

Premier WickedWingsuits  (D 30916)

Jul 31, 2012, 5:17 AM
Post #5 of 9 (776 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for sharing, this is indeed a valuable guide.

I really like the Shark Tail...that would make a great sticker to distribute as fun education. Great concept.

helxen

Aug 20, 2012, 3:26 AM
Post #6 of 9 (568 views)
Shortcut

It's awesome.

DSE, do you mind if that guide is going to be translated to Russian?

Currently there's some lack in instructional materials about "what to do after FFC is completed", I was suggesting FLB's videos as starting point for my students, but this guide is really a major improvement which could keep student busy (and interested) for few dozens of flights, resulting in improved safety/awareness.

kallend  (D 23151)

Aug 20, 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #7 of 9 (495 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
At Skydive Elsinore, we have a reference guide for the coaches that have been trained here. Several have asked for the latest update to be public; perhaps it'll be of use to coaches out there.
Many thanks to Jeff Donohue and Alan Martinez for the legal vetting on the front end of the document.
The manual is intended for use with the training videos we have posted online (and a few we haven't).

SEWS REFERENCE GUIDE

Nice job.Smile

Premier DSE  (D 29060)
Aug 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #8 of 9 (485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [helxen] Skydive Elsinore Reference Guide [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
It's awesome.

DSE, do you mind if that guide is going to be translated to Russian?

Currently there's some lack in instructional materials about "what to do after FFC is completed", I was suggesting FLB's videos as starting point for my students, but this guide is really a major improvement which could keep student busy (and interested) for few dozens of flights, resulting in improved safety/awareness.

The FLB videos, the Elsinore videos, the coaching reference guide are all good references that hopefully every coach is open to using. The reference guide will probably not be entirely transparent to people that don't understand/aren't aware of Skydive University methods (prior to USPA buying those materials, there is a whole lot more that most folks never see).

I'm glad a few folks are finding use for them. Feel free to Xlate them into whatever language, I only ask that the credits seen at the front, remain as part of the package. A lot of people spent a lot of time working out standard/relevant methods of teaching this material.

helxen

Aug 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #9 of 9 (469 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I only ask that the credits seen at the front, remain as part of the package. A lot of people spent a lot of time working out standard/relevant methods of teaching this material.

Of course!

Thanks, will proceed shortly.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Wing Suit Flying

Search for (options)