Dropzone Template Upgrade

Premier Meso
Administrator
Jul 27, 2012, 8:48 AM
Post #1 of 8 (2370 views)
Shortcut
Dropzone Template Upgrade Can't Post

Hey guys,

I'm happy to announce that we've begun making some sweet new changes to the site, that is to say we're making it prettier and easier to navigate.

We rolled out the new template on the 'Dropzone' ( http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/ ) page today, as you will be able to see it's far nicer than the previous and allows for the linking and displaying of photos and videos to certain areas.

As with any change, there are often unforeseen little bugs that can pop up, so if you see anything that is a problem (errors, missing information etc) just make a post about it in the 'bugs' forum, otherwise just fire me a private message.

Some pages within the dropzone category may still appear in the old template form, this is likely due to cache and should sort itself out over the next few days.

I hope you guys will enjoy the new changes and agree that it's a big step forward :) Feedback is welcome.

(This post was edited by Meso on Jul 27, 2012, 1:58 PM)

Premier Meso
Administrator
Aug 14, 2012, 6:48 AM
Post #2 of 8 (1535 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Dropzone.com Template Upgrade [In reply to] Can't Post

We have continued the upgrade process and yesterday we put the new gear section live.

You will see that we have done a major overhaul of this section of the site, making it far more user friendly to browse, along with some other near little additions.

Feel free to prod and poke around, and if you see any errors, either send me a private message or post it in the bugs area of the forum and we will get to fixing it.

Hope you guys like the new changes to the gear section!

Premier Meso
Administrator
Aug 20, 2012, 2:24 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Dropzone.com Template Upgrade [In reply to] Can't Post

We've finished rolling out the next set of updates to the template.

You will notice that the photos page has a new and improved look to it.

As with the previous pages mentioned above, if you see any errors or problems when using the page, don't hesitate to either just leave a comment in the bugs forum or send me a private message.

TriGirl  (B License)

Aug 24, 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Dropzone Template Upgrade [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Meso!

Any reason why the login prompt is no longer on the main page? It's one more step to have to click to another page to log in. I'm on a rather slow connection, so any extra page loading is tiresome. Unsure

Thanks, and congrats on the re-acquisition! Smile

T

Premier sangiro
Head Honcho
Aug 25, 2012, 1:01 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TriGirl] Dropzone Template Upgrade [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey T,

That will be back in short order. if you look at the sections we've been updating you'll notice that the home page is kinda out of line at this stage. I'm working on that right now and it will be part of the next section to roll out. I the meantime we've changed how the pages are rendered to deliver a more personalized experience in the future and ironically that little legacy widget broke.

When the new template goes up over the next few days that will be back and better. In the meantime I hope the one additional page load doesn't annoy you too much. Smile

(Hint: you can come straight to the forums if you want and the old login widget will still work here)

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Aug 25, 2012, 6:27 AM
Post #6 of 8 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sangiro] Dropzone Template Upgrade [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
In the meantime I hope the one additional page load doesn't annoy you too much.

Haha...I was going to complain about that too. Sly

Premier skydiverek  (C 41769)

Aug 28, 2012, 1:39 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Dropzone Template Upgrade [In reply to] Can't Post

Just please leave the actual thread/post pages the same (color, layout). It is very clear now and need not to be changed.

What is needed is larger attachment size limit, and search options searching for the attachment name (and for posts with attachment: yes/no).

TriGirl  (B License)

Aug 31, 2012, 6:18 AM
Post #8 of 8 (1372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sangiro] Dropzone Template Upgrade [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, new opening page loaded today. LOVE IT!!! Add to the design is the bonus that it requires one less page load than before.

Nice!!

Cool

Forums : General : Announcements

Search for (options)