Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Photography and Video:
Tonfly order question

prana185  (B 29994)

Jul 15, 2012, 8:57 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Tonfly order question Can't Post

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a Tonfly 2X Plus to fit a newish CX580. Never flown a camera helmet, but this is what I want to do, so go ahead and make fun of me for shelling out instead of buying a gopro, then answer my question, okay?

On Tonfly's site (http://www.tonflyusa.com/2x.php) they talk about an anti-twist link vs. an anti-twist base. I'm unsure which is the appropriate purchase? From the tiny photos, it looks like the link would accept screws for the camera, and the base is a taller mount or something...

Anyway, sorry for the stupid questions, but any help would be appreciated. I gotta start somewhere.

Premier DSE  (D 29060)

Jul 15, 2012, 9:28 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prana185] Tonfly order question [In reply to] Can't Post

you've got the right idea; the base is a more sturdy platform, and conforms to the camera better. It is indeed a little more clean on the mount, and it's what I prefer.
The link will work fine too, but can work its way loose.
Congrats on wanting to be a videographer vs a GoPro baby!Smile

axelandr  (B 103786)

Jul 16, 2012, 2:22 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prana185] Tonfly order question [In reply to] Can't Post

and good choice of helmet - the 2X is by far the most comfy helmet I ever tried, and I tried a lot of em before going for the Tonfly one.. Smile

make sure you get the cut-away system if you're gonna fly camera, but I guess you already know this. I moved my system to the side of the helmet instead of having it on the chin-cup itself. more a personal preference, but just to let you know that you have a coice..

Alex.

vincemoore88  (D 32404)

Jul 16, 2012, 1:07 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [axelandr] Tonfly order question [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the 3x. I have a Cannon T2i mounted on top with he base plate. Very easy to tke off and a Replay mounted on the side. I am very pleased with the Tonly. Now if I can just get he video consesscion to figure out what is so different about the format. You will enjoy it. I have the cutaway also.

(This post was edited by vincemoore88 on Jul 16, 2012, 1:11 PM)

prana185  (B 29994)

Jul 19, 2012, 6:36 PM
Post #5 of 5 (941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vincemoore88] Tonfly order question [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent, thanks people! Order is in.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Photography and Video

Search for (options)