Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Made my first Tandem...

Lazarus_762  (A 67183)

Jul 13, 2012, 8:06 PM
Post #1 of 4 (228 views)
Shortcut
Made my first Tandem... Can't Post

and absolutely LOVED it! CoolCoolCoolHave signed up for jump school, will be starting training next saturday! WOOT! I am already gear "shopping", reading about different canopies, and wondering if the Silhouette chutes are as good for new guys as all the design reviews say...any suggestions will be most welcome...thanks in advance!

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jul 14, 2012, 7:19 PM
Post #2 of 4 (199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lazarus_762] Made my first Tandem... [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile It's great to be informed about your canopy choice, but you do have some time before you need to make a decision. Most people wait until after they get their A license and have downsized their canopy a bit. Plus, did you know you can also demo canopies before you choose? PD has a great program for that and you might also be able to demo canopies at a boogie near you too.

To answer your question, I don't really know too many people who buy Silhouettes for their first canopy, but I'm sure someone will come along and prove me wrong. Sly

Lazarus_762  (A 67183)

Jul 14, 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #3 of 4 (197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Made my first Tandem... [In reply to] Can't Post

demo jump before I buy...learn something every day!
Smile

Jumper007  (C License)

Jul 15, 2012, 4:58 AM
Post #4 of 4 (191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lazarus_762] Made my first Tandem... [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't forget about getting your license before you buy. Check this out too: http://www.uspa.org/BecomeaSkydiver/OnlineGroundSchool/tabid/557/Default.aspx
It will help you with your first jump course.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)