Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Wing Suit Flying:
World Base Race - congrats Tony and Apache!

michalm21  (Student)

Jul 9, 2012, 8:29 AM
Post #1 of 8 (899 views)
Shortcut
World Base Race - congrats Tony and Apache! Can't Post

Wow!
What a flight, what a win.
Congratulations, "old man" Cool
You are a legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vg2I8sejV8

The111  (D 29246)

Jul 9, 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #2 of 8 (777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [michalm21] World Base Race - congrats Tony and Apache! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool video. Tony is indeed a legend. And hilarious to watch his dance to receive his trophy.

Is the BASE race just based on forward speed? First to cross a certain point on the ground wins?

michalm21  (Student)

Jul 9, 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #3 of 8 (768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The111] World Base Race - congrats Tony and Apache! [In reply to] Can't Post

it is fastest time from exit signal to the finish line measured by some laser stuff (i think) :)

Jul 9, 2012, 1:39 PM
Post #4 of 8 (738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [michalm21] World Base Race - congrats Tony and Apache! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here you see the WBR finish line system. Two plumbed lines, and when you lay under and see one, you see straight up.

First person to cross the finish line win his heat, and goes on to next round, until there is no more competers to beat!

Timing is just a reference or we need to fill inn with jumpers who is disqualified. This year it was two who had less than 30 seconds canopy time, and we had to fill in the bronze final with the two best loosers from the quarter final.

https://www.facebook.com/...p;type=3&theater

We also use photo finish for close races https://www.facebook.com/...ype=3&permPage=1

(This post was edited by 434 on Jul 9, 2012, 1:42 PM)

The111  (D 29246)

Jul 9, 2012, 2:26 PM
Post #5 of 8 (725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [434] World Base Race - congrats Tony and Apache! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Here you see the WBR finish line system. Two plumbed lines, and when you lay under and see one, you see straight up.

Very cool!

michalm21  (Student)

Jul 9, 2012, 2:37 PM
Post #6 of 8 (720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The111] World Base Race - congrats Tony and Apache! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Very cool!

Indeed! I think I saw it before but didn't know it was eyes and camera (if necessary) that did it.

How do you deal with false starts?

Jul 9, 2012, 2:42 PM
Post #7 of 8 (717 views)
Shortcut

Disqualification false starts.

False start is when last feet leaves exit before startsignal!

vincemoore88  (D 32404)

Jul 9, 2012, 6:57 PM
Post #8 of 8 (677 views)
Shortcut

A true legend. Maker and now a champion.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Wing Suit Flying

Search for (options)