Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Wing Suit Flying:
Neoprene Leading Edge option on Tonysuit. Does it improve anything?

mr_bird  (C License)

Jul 9, 2012, 2:42 AM
Post #1 of 3 (786 views)
Shortcut
Neoprene Leading Edge option on Tonysuit. Does it improve anything? Can't Post

Hi ! I ordered X3 few weeks ago and so far doubt about necessity of the "neoprene leading edge" option. I asked few apache owners about it and as those who have this option and those who do not have - all told me that it doesn't add anything, exept deterioration of exterior of wingsuit. Also, few guy's who have it, told me, that they will order next wingsuit without this option. But I saw at WBR 2012 video that Tony have this option on his Rebel. And, as I know, Tony's opinion that this option improve speed. Can anybody, who have this option or tried wingsuit with it, express their opinion ?
May be it improve something only if you skilled like Tony?

(This post was edited by mr_bird on Jul 9, 2012, 2:47 AM)

Premier WickedWingsuits  (D 30916)

Jul 9, 2012, 4:53 AM
Post #2 of 3 (742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mr_bird] Neoprene Leading Edge option on Tonysuit. Does it improve anything? [In reply to] Can't Post

It also improves the performance of the escape sleeve if you are wearing layers.

mr_bird  (C License)

Jul 9, 2012, 5:10 AM
Post #3 of 3 (730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WickedWingsuits] Neoprene Leading Edge option on Tonysuit. Does it improve anything? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, a forgot to mention it, because i'm not base jumper and actually don't need super fast access to toggles. Every apache user on our DZ use zips for toggle access.
Actually, I care only about perfomance and comfort during RW work for example ...

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Wing Suit Flying

Search for (options)