Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Wait for it... HELLO!

zinot  (Student)

Jul 8, 2012, 2:03 PM
Post #1 of 3 (173 views)
Shortcut
Wait for it... HELLO! Can't Post

Hi everyone!

I had the opportunity to enjoy my first tandem about two weeks ago and it was horrible... ;-) I am not addicted or would consider to do such a thing a second time...

Noooooot!

I piled the cents on top of each other for about two years now and hopefully I am able to pay an AFF course in Switzerland in the beginning of next year. As pre-exercise I am thinking of a indoor turbine FF but some people told me I should not do it because it is a completely different thing.... what would you recomend?! If you say yes, when should I do the course, when I want to start the AFF as soon as the saison begins in 2013?

Thanks for this help and cya!

hub1100  (C License)

Jul 8, 2012, 7:00 PM
Post #2 of 3 (149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zinot] Wait for it... HELLO! [In reply to] Can't Post

zinot,
welcome to the sky and the community.
ok, yes, tunnels are different. how's that? unexpected?

tunnels require discipline in a smaller column of air. many have analogized 'skydiving space' to a 'football field' and a 'tunnel space' to a 'bed room'. my daughters learned to skydive in a tunnel, because of age, and want to jump when they become 'of age'. they both understand body aerodynamics, from the tunnel. they can both turn on the head of a pin, and stop on heading.

different, yes! for the better? absolutely.

many many live skydivers take their skills to the tunnel to improve. my question to 'our' readers is:
Has anyone's skills deteriorated in the tunnel?

imho. -hubs-

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jul 9, 2012, 4:43 AM
Post #3 of 3 (135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zinot] Wait for it... HELLO! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile The tunnel is very helpful, especially for students who have trouble with their arch. But, if funds are tight just see how your training goes, you might not need the tunnel. Remember that canopy control is probably what is going to save your life someday, save money for canopy classes!

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)