Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Greenhorn to Skydiving

jjones72

Jul 1, 2012, 8:13 PM
Post #1 of 5 (381 views)
Shortcut
Greenhorn to Skydiving Can't Post

Hi All,

My name is Joe and I'm from the great Lonestar State of Texas. So I turned 40 in May of this year and quick drinking, so now I need something to replace drinking. I've done 3 tandem jumps and finally decided to stop being a wuss and do the "real" thing.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, now I'm heading over to inquire about any specific gear for a beginner. Take Care!

-Joe

Namowal  (A 63059)

Jul 2, 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #2 of 5 (338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjones72] Greenhorn to Skydiving [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome aboard! :)
I'm new at this myself- and one of those "Had you told me a fear years ago that I'd be doing this I'd have told you you were insane" folks. You're in for a lot of fun.Smile

p.s. I bet your school supplies the gear when you start out, so you don't need to get it right off the bat. Cool

Chewy123  (A License)

Jul 2, 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #3 of 5 (334 views)
Shortcut

Hey Joe, welcome! I'm a newbie with 5 jumps left to my A lic. Also close to a year and 1 1/2 sober. Great replacement! I am also a heroin junkie in recovery. When I wasn't strung out I was drunk. I drank the whole time just less when doing heroin cause it makes you sick. Bad combo. I wrote an article about and it's in the June issue of Blue Skies mag.

Let us know how your training goes and stay sober. There is a lot of beer drinking going on at the DZ so be on guard and most of all have fun Joe!!-Jesse

mchevarie  (A 58275)

Jul 2, 2012, 3:25 PM
Post #4 of 5 (309 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the wonderful world of skydiving Joe. Much better for you than drinking!! I am fairly new also only having 70 jumps. I started at age 39 so it is never too late.

BLUE SKIES!!!

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jul 3, 2012, 4:55 AM
Post #5 of 5 (282 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forums! Smile Congrats on finding the sport and quitting drinking. You will find that Beer plays a big role in our sport, but there are plenty of sober skydivers too. Good luck on your training!

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)