Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Must send back to factory for RSL install?

cbuffalino  (B 38614)

Jun 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #1 of 8 (731 views)
Shortcut
Must send back to factory for RSL install? Can't Post

For what reason would a rigger opt to send back a container to the factory to install an RSL? Container is a Vector Micron v310. To my knowledge no RSL had been previously installed on the rig, but the Vector manual has rigging instructions for SkyHook and standard RSL assemblies so there's definitely something I don't understand.

masterrigger1  (D 14167)

Jun 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #2 of 8 (711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cbuffalino] Must send back to factory for RSL install? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
For what reason would a rigger opt to send back a container to the factory to install an RSL? Container is a Vector Micron v310. To my knowledge no RSL had been previously installed on the rig,

Maybe the rigger is not a Master Rigger which would be required since it is a change to the original manufactured configuration...

Also, some riggers will send complicated repairs to the factory as they may not have the skill sets, machinery, or both needed to do the work.

Actually, the rigger sounds heads up to me!

BS,
MEL

cbuffalino  (B 38614)

Jun 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #3 of 8 (709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [masterrigger1] Must send back to factory for RSL install? [In reply to] Can't Post

That makes sense. Thanks!

cbuffalino  (B 38614)

Jun 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
Post #4 of 8 (704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [masterrigger1] Must send back to factory for RSL install? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:

Actually, the rigger sounds heads up to me!

I'm clearly not educated enough so I figured I'd ask. Definitely wouldn't question his choices just was wondering if that was normal or not being i'm not experienced in the area. Thank's again for your help.

-Chris

Deyan  (D 322)

Jun 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #5 of 8 (690 views)
Shortcut

Quote:
Maybe the rigger is not a Master Rigger which would be required since it is a change to the original manufactured configuration...

Hi MEL,

My information is that only UPT or UPT authorized service centers are allowed to install Skyhook on non Skyhook ready V3's!

Of course my info can be old or wrong....

Blue skies

theonlyski  (D License)

Jun 28, 2012, 1:49 PM
Post #6 of 8 (627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Deyan] Must send back to factory for RSL install? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Quote:

Hi MEL,

My information is that only UPT or UPT authorized service centers are allowed to install Skyhook on non Skyhook ready V3's!

Of course my info can be old or wrong....

Blue skies

The OP didn't say they were getting a Skyhook installed, just an RSL.Wink

I didn't realize that UPT was cranking rigs out without the velcro to mate on the RSL even if the rig was ordered without it.

Deyan  (D 322)

Jun 28, 2012, 2:17 PM
Post #7 of 8 (606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Must send back to factory for RSL install? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
The OP didn't say they were getting a Skyhook installed, just an RSL.Wink

True Crazy. He just mentioned that there's an instruction for the Skyhook and the RSL in the manual. My mistake.

Skydivesg  (D 10938)

Jun 28, 2012, 3:23 PM
Post #8 of 8 (571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Must send back to factory for RSL install? [In reply to] Can't Post

When I sell a Vector I always suggest that the buyer have the rig rsl ready even if they choose not to use it (mainly for resale).

Last fall a customer ordered one and did not want the rig rsl ready.

If he ever wants to sell it and the new buyer wants to have an rsl then someone will have to pay to have it retrofitted.

They are normally standard equipment for no charge.

(This post was edited by Skydivesg on Jun 28, 2012, 3:24 PM)

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)