Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Howdy folks...

Eammon  (A 63980)

Jun 27, 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #1 of 8 (346 views)
Shortcut
Howdy folks... Can't Post

I'm a new jumper, almost finished with my A license. I've been jumping at Jumptown in Orange, MA since starting an AFF Camp back at the beginning of May. I started with a tandem dive last August for my birthday. It was something I've wanted to do for years and when the opportunity to go with a friend presented itself, I took it. Anyway, that's my short, quick intro. Cheers!

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 27, 2012, 6:56 PM
Post #2 of 8 (322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Eammon] Howdy folks... [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile You're doing well almost getting your A so quickly. Have you bought your gear yet?

Eammon  (A 63980)

Jun 28, 2012, 6:20 AM
Post #3 of 8 (311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Howdy folks... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had some great instructors at Jumptown that have helped. It hasn't all been easy though. My wife is getting a little frustrated with the amount of time I'm spending at the DZ but I promised her I'd back off once I get my license. As for gear, I've got the basics; helmet, altimeter, audible, goggles and I have a jumpsuit on order. I'm looking at rigs but having trouble finding anything suitable for me that's used. My exit weight is around 260 and I've been flying a 300 and more recently a 280. There just isn't much used gear that's big enough for me (240-260 is what I've been looking for) so I may end up having to go new which is likely going to have to wait until next spring.

Trafficdiver  (D License)

Jun 28, 2012, 4:53 PM
Post #4 of 8 (290 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
My wife is getting a little frustrated with the amount of time I'm spending at the DZ but I promised her I'd back off once I get my license.

Hahahaha. It doesn't work like that,

Eammon  (A 63980)

Jun 28, 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #5 of 8 (284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trafficdiver] Howdy folks... [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
My wife is getting a little frustrated with the amount of time I'm spending at the DZ but I promised her I'd back off once I get my license.

Hahahaha. It doesn't work like that,

Shh, don't say that too loudly. I know it, she doesn't.

Eammon  (A 63980)

Jul 4, 2012, 7:53 PM
Post #6 of 8 (248 views)
Shortcut

Guess who got their license today...

This guy!Smile

Beer has been paid already, I couldn't stick around but I'm sure they enjoyed it. There was a nice cookout planned for after the last load tonight.

beeman  (A 65979)

Jul 4, 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #7 of 8 (244 views)
Shortcut

nice man! congrats on your license

me.corley  (B License)

Jul 5, 2012, 2:29 AM
Post #8 of 8 (238 views)
Shortcut

Congrats!