Forums: Community: Blue Skies - In Memory Of:
Blue skies Brian Fischer 6-22-07 (Skyfish1)

AirPescado  (A 60828)

Jun 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2036 views)
Shortcut
Blue skies Brian Fischer 6-22-07 (Skyfish1) Can't Post

It's been 5 years since I lost my best friend, a Chicago D licensed skydiver who jumped at many drop zones around the country, including a few WFFC (jumped the jet and other craft) and was a truly unique human being. You know the saying about a guy, "Jack of all trades, master of none". Brian was the master of all those trades, because he spent the time, put in the effort until he got it down. Whether it was the best Chicago pizza (anyone near where he had lived in MN had eaten), the most amazing homemade root beer, building a homebuilt Lancair plane, best Mojito ever, gardening, playing guitar and piano, etc., etc., etc.

Brian wanted to learn how to fly, so he bought a Cessna, got his license, and we flew it down to First Flight, Kitty Hawk in NC before his license was a month old. Brian bought another plane that he didn't have as much experience flying, got caught in some storm cells that popped all over the damn place on his way home to MN and crashed into a field.

His family and friends are no doubt thinking of him today, and missing the husband, the son, the father, the brother, the uncle and the friend. For those of you who may have met Brian over the years and wondered whatever happened to that guy, I'm sorry to pass along the news. For those that didn't, you would have loved him if you had gotten to know him.

As someone once said, if you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space. Brian didn't take up too much space at all, except in our hearts and minds.

I included some pics of Brian with his wife Therese, other best (MN) friend Rob and his wife Jodi, and Brian with his Beech Bonanza the day before the accident.

I will add a few more pics of Brian later, that might help jog a memory of a past meeting or skydiving experience, including the Flying Elvises

Blue skies Brian.

(This post was edited by skymama on Jun 25, 2012, 4:46 AM)
Attachments: Brian pianoman.jpg (31.4 KB)
  Jodi Therese Rob and Brian 1.jpg (73.5 KB)

AirPescado  (A 60828)

Jun 22, 2013, 4:59 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AirPescado] Blue skies Brian Fischer 6-22-07 (Skyfish1) [In reply to] Can't Post

Another year goes by and we're talking and thinking about you often, especially when there are blue skies. Today is one of those days. Blue skies Brian. Added a pic of Brian and I at Skydive Illinois from July '01.
Attachments: photo.JPG (35.2 KB)

BigMark  (D 17505)

Jun 22, 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AirPescado] Blue skies Brian Fischer 6-22-07 (Skyfish1) [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like he had a great friend, sorry for your loss.

Forums : Community : Blue Skies - In Memory Of

Search for (options)