Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Swooping and Canopy Control:
Triple risers? Pro's & Cons"?

namdrib  (D 19424)

Jun 22, 2012, 6:50 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1298 views)
Shortcut
Triple risers? Pro's & Cons"? Can't Post

Just purchased a used system which has triple risers. Now being "Old School", I'm still flaring with the toggles instead of rear's and I have never dealt with triple's before. Can someone explain the pro's and con's to these things. Thanks

dqpacker  (D 32043)

Jun 22, 2012, 7:19 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [namdrib] Triple risers? Pro's & Cons"? [In reply to] Can't Post

don't jump them. if they are the only risers you have you can get a rigger to sew them together so you have normal but thick rears.

jurgencamps  (D License)

Jun 23, 2012, 4:27 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dqpacker] Triple risers? Pro's & Cons"? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
don't jump them. if they are the only risers you have you can get a rigger to sew them together so you have normal but thick rears.
Why? Jumped them for years. Liked the light togglepresure and possibility to flare with my hands not next to my body.
Stopped using them when I started using the rearrisers.

dragon2  (D 101989)

Jun 24, 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [namdrib] Triple risers? Pro's & Cons"? [In reply to] Can't Post

Pro: canopy flies a little better (like loosening up your cheststrap)
Cons: slider needs to be down over your risers before you release your toggles (otherwise you get the situation in the atachement, that was a demo jump)
You can grab the triple bit by accident when going for your rears, not so much an issue up high but with swooping, Crazy

I liked my triple risers. I only stopped using them because all the pairs I have are very short, plus a couple are reversed risers.

Don't use triple risers if you use your rears when swooping.
Attachments: 388598_248684181855960_1185346969_n.jpg (44.3 KB)

Jiggs  (F 745)

Jun 24, 2012, 8:33 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dragon2] Triple risers? Pro's & Cons"? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing wrong with triples as I feel that they provide more "feel" in the toggles. I have one set still setup on one of my work rigs (velo84). --> It is just more a feeling/preference thing.

For swooping, it is totally fine to use rears on triples, the only thing you have to be aware of is that it makes the transition to toggles more pronounced than on normal risers. I have also found that I tend to a little bit less distance with the triples (and less power if you need to dig - e.g. no toggle input). I do not have them on my swoop rigs.

BTW I fly my other rigs with the brake line through a guide ring through the S-Link - not in the normal guide ring on risers. I feel this gives a closer feel to triples but without as big a transition from rears to toggles.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Swooping and Canopy Control

Search for (options)