Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Viso II ?

namdrib  (D 19424)

Jun 22, 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #1 of 16 (1864 views)
Shortcut
Viso II ? Can't Post

Just purchased a Viso II, was having a undesirably difficult time TURNING THE DAMN THING OFF! I realize that this turns off by itself after 14 hours, how many of you viso II users actually just let it turn off itself or do you recommend turning it off? Any help would be appreciated! **And for you smartarses out there, YES, I've read the manual. LOL

nigel99  (D 1)

Jun 22, 2012, 7:35 PM
Post #2 of 16 (1831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [namdrib] Viso II ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Just purchased a Viso II, was having a undesirably difficult time TURNING THE DAMN THING OFF! I realize that this turns off by itself after 14 hours, how many of you viso II users actually just let it turn off itself or do you recommend turning it off? Any help would be appreciated! **And for you smartarses out there, YES, I've read the manual. LOL

I let it turn off by itself. I can't be bothered to have to use the manual every time I turn it off. The only way I have successfully turned it off is sitting with the manual open and following the steps.

linestretch  (D 21060)

Jun 22, 2012, 9:39 PM
Post #3 of 16 (1811 views)
Shortcut

it's actually pretty easy. Get into the user menu to where it says off. Then hold down (i think) the top button through the countdown. I turn mine off when getting in the car for the drive home or if travelling the same day. Otherwise I just let it turn off by itself. PM me if your still having issues.

NWPoul  (D 178119)

Jun 23, 2012, 1:13 AM
Post #4 of 16 (1797 views)
Shortcut

Never turned it's off manually (and can't find the reason to do so))
but if you want to - enter in menu (as per manual) - enter in setup selector (holding center button for 5 sec) - select OFF item and hold the center button until it's off

adamUK  (C 104423)

Jun 23, 2012, 1:17 PM
Post #5 of 16 (1736 views)
Shortcut

It's pretty easy really.

You press two buttons together 3 times then go to the menu menu then press another few buttons a total of 14 or , er 15 times until the unit flashes green then get the manual out, try to hold it open in one hand whilst simultaneously pushing 4 buttons together then the manual flops shut so you lose your page. Finally you stuff the damn thing it in your kit bag and let it turn itself off. Tongue

Premier LouDiamond  (D 25931)
Jun 23, 2012, 2:56 PM
Post #6 of 16 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamUK] Viso II ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
It's pretty easy really.

You press two buttons together 3 times then go to the menu menu then press another few buttons a total of 14 or , er 15 times until the unit flashes green then get the manual out, try to hold it open in one hand whilst simultaneously pushing 4 buttons together then the manual flops shut so you lose your page. Finally you stuff the damn thing it in your kit bag and let it turn itself off. Tongue

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has had this same experience. Smile

Croc  (D 29552)

Jun 24, 2012, 6:17 AM
Post #7 of 16 (1658 views)
Shortcut

Yep. That's how I do it.

mircan  (D 32291)

Jun 26, 2012, 6:47 AM
Post #8 of 16 (1532 views)
Shortcut

I turn it off every single time.
I`m not trying to bash you, but you must read AND understand the manual. Tongue
Basicaly, you have two levels of menus.
First level shows you data and things. Second level is setup.
1. You enter second level and cycle it until you get to "OFF".
2. You hold top and bottom buttons together until it switches off.

JohnnyMarko

Jun 26, 2012, 1:52 PM
Post #9 of 16 (1498 views)
Shortcut

I turn mine off per the manual every time. Takes some getting used to but it gets easier...

fly67  (C License)

Jun 29, 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #10 of 16 (1414 views)
Shortcut

I think it's 56 button presses Mad.

Actually I generally turn it off to save the battery, but they couldn't have made it more un-user-friendly to simply switch it off (yes you don't want it to accidentally turn off).

DougH  (D License)

Jun 30, 2012, 4:48 AM
Post #11 of 16 (1395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fly67] Viso II ? [In reply to] Can't Post

With most L&B products it is press and hold... not press press press press press press. You can get lucky by pressing buttons a million times, but you're better of using some finesse!

nigel99  (D 1)

Jun 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DougH] Viso II ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone get accurate speed readings from their Viso 2? My last 3 jumps were hop n pop, but I ended up doing 20 second delays. I had the viso set to student mode, and SAS. The 3 speeds were 500mph, 840Mph and 600Mph!

adamUK  (C 104423)

Jul 1, 2012, 1:16 AM
Post #13 of 16 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DougH] Viso II ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
finesse

That's where I've been going wrong. I'm ham fisted with big sausage fingers. I swear I can press all 3 buttons at once by accident.Blush

DaVinciflies

Jul 1, 2012, 9:57 AM
Post #14 of 16 (1300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nigel99] Viso II ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Does anyone get accurate speed readings from their Viso 2? My last 3 jumps were hop n pop, but I ended up doing 20 second delays. I had the viso set to student mode, and SAS. The 3 speeds were 500mph, 840Mph and 600Mph!

And you doubt those readings? Wink

namdrib  (D 19424)

Jul 1, 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #15 of 16 (1286 views)
Shortcut

Holy Crap Adam, if I were to know it was that easy, I wouldn't have asked on here! LOL Thanks. Going with "let it turn off itself" method.

trigger  (D 101390)

Jul 1, 2012, 2:40 PM
Post #16 of 16 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Not in that extreme, but my N3 suffers with fairytale speed reading, 280's, 260's with 126mph average for example.
Just trying to figure out at what point in the dive i can land without a parachute,as i having an empty cornflakes box standing by.Tongue

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)