Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Cookie Helmet

superjim84

Jun 18, 2012, 2:58 PM
Post #1 of 4 (587 views)
Shortcut
Cookie Helmet Can't Post

I just got a Cookie helmet camera from a friend. It is a tad on the tight side, not so much its going to pop my head but I would like it to be a little bit looser. Can I take the lining out and bake it at 150 deg F without killing my lungs, ruing my stove or the helmet? When I bought my bone head I had to bake it... Any advice would be helpful! =)

excaza  (C License)

Jun 18, 2012, 3:31 PM
Post #2 of 4 (570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [superjim84] Cookie Helmet [In reply to] Can't Post

Shoot an email to info@cookiecomposites.com, they get back to you within a day or so.

jono  (C 298258)

Jun 18, 2012, 3:39 PM
Post #3 of 4 (567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [superjim84] Cookie Helmet [In reply to] Can't Post

Short answer....no. Depending on the helmet, it will either have a standard foam covered lining or Cookies' new D3O lining which is a special inpact substance built into the lining. Both types are not "bakeable".
As Cookie use different size liners over 2-3 shell sizes, you may be able to order a smaller liner giving you more room for your noggin. It would help if you know what size you have but failing that, measure your head and shoot Cookie an email telling him your problem.

Squeak  (E 1313)

Jun 18, 2012, 4:23 PM
Post #4 of 4 (550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jono] Cookie Helmet [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Short answer....no. Depending on the helmet, it will either have a standard foam covered lining or Cookies' new D3O lining which is a special inpact substance built into the lining. Both types are not "bakeable".
As Cookie use different size liners over 2-3 shell sizes, you may be able to order a smaller liner giving you more room for your noggin. It would help if you know what size you have but failing that, measure your head and shoot Cookie an email telling him your problem.

This

But also, if the helmet is relatively new the foam liner WILL compress with use and become more comfy.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)