Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
GoPro Hero HD2

overlytall  (A License)

Jun 18, 2012, 1:31 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1102 views)
Shortcut
GoPro Hero HD2 Can't Post

I have one... it's awesome... I have yet to use it to its full potential - walking a dog and sleeping isn't extreme enough to warrant the use of the camera.

It's convinced me to book up some climbing and wakeboarding before I do my AFF, but I was wondering... for use as a helmet cam, my amatuer practical experience of the camera and general skydiving... is it a good/reliable/safe helmet camera to use for skydiving or should I invest in other mounts or cameras?

phoenixlpr  (D 3049)

Jun 18, 2012, 1:39 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [overlytall] GoPro Hero HD2 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I have one... it's awesome... I have yet to use it to its full potential - walking a dog and sleeping isn't extreme enough to warrant the use of the camera.

It's convinced me to book up some climbing and wakeboarding before I do my AFF, but I was wondering... for use as a helmet cam, my amatuer practical experience of the camera and general skydiving... is it a good/reliable/safe helmet camera to use for skydiving or should I invest in other mounts or cameras?
No, no, no and no.
Ask your instructor!

DougH  (D License)

Jun 18, 2012, 4:45 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenixlpr] GoPro Hero HD2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfectly safe, after several 100 jumps and a few years of experience.

Squeak  (E 1313)

Jun 18, 2012, 4:56 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DougH] GoPro Hero HD2 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Perfectly safe, DOABLE after several 100 jumps and a few years of experience.

FIFY

mr2mk1g  (C 103449)

Jun 18, 2012, 5:26 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [overlytall] GoPro Hero HD2 [In reply to] Can't Post

In the UK you require a minimum of 200 jumps and a "C" certificate licence before you are legally permitted to jump with a camera, howsoever mounted.

Have fun on your AFF - once you have the jumps and licence requirements covered you'll probably already know where to go for further info about mounting your camera anyway.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)