Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
Our Safety in Their Hands

lorenzomiguel26

Jun 17, 2012, 7:00 AM
Post #1 of 9 (2199 views)
Shortcut
Our Safety in Their Hands Can't Post

[b]This thought provoking workplace safety infographic features the top 5 organizations that have made the biggest impact on occupational health and safety. It features the U.S governments OSHA, Canada's CCOHS, JJ Keller, Occupational Health & Safety, and The National Safety Council.[/b]

Source: [url][i]http://complianceandsafety.com/blog/safety-infographic-our-safety-in-their-hands/[/i][/url]

Squeak  (E 1313)

Jun 17, 2012, 7:22 AM
Post #2 of 9 (2165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lorenzomiguel26] Our Safety in Their Hands [In reply to] Can't Post

Clickified

monkycndo  (D License)

Jun 17, 2012, 7:35 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2158 views)
Shortcut

So I take it that since this is in a skydiving forum, I will need to wear my PPE when I do my next jump?

Hardhat with newly required chin strap, safety glasses, respirator (due to all the farting on the plane), ear plugs, steel toe boots, seat belt incase I use a forklift during the jump, and a weekly tailgate meeting that everyone signs in for to prove attendance.

Works for me.

swisschris62

Jun 17, 2012, 7:44 AM
Post #4 of 9 (2155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] Our Safety in Their Hands [In reply to] Can't Post

Just knowing the government is concerned about my safety has for me feeling safer already!

riggerrob  (D 14840)

Jun 17, 2012, 9:10 AM
Post #5 of 9 (2118 views)
Shortcut

A massive tonnage of government bureaucracy does not always translate to increased chances of surviving a crash.
The last time I was injured - during a plane crash - I was not wearing a seat-belt, because Transport Canada was 16 years behind the FAA.

Four years after that crash, the same DZO just received a box full of new - Transport Canada recommended - seat-belts. I wonder if the new seat-belts will be any good for restraining tandem students?????

nigel99  (D 1)

Jun 18, 2012, 1:27 AM
Post #6 of 9 (1966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] Our Safety in Their Hands [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
So I take it that since this is in a skydiving forum, I will need to wear my PPE when I do my next jump?

Hardhat with newly required chin strap, safety glasses, respirator (due to all the farting on the plane), ear plugs, steel toe boots, seat belt incase I use a forklift during the jump, and a weekly tailgate meeting that everyone signs in for to prove attendance.

Works for me.

Well you forgot the.most important PPE for skydiving - parachute, or for after hours condomTongue

skyjumpenfool  (Student)

Jun 18, 2012, 3:35 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1831 views)
Shortcut

Oh!! I'm sorry, I thought this thread was going to be about something completely different. Gotta go, there's a safety meeting starting...Cool

Rover  (D 241)

Jun 18, 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjumpenfool] Our Safety in Their Hands [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Oh!! I'm sorry, I thought this thread was going to be about something completely different. Gotta go, there's a safety meeting starting...Cool

I love safety meetings Crazy

5.samadhi

Jun 21, 2012, 3:50 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1534 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rover] Our Safety in Their Hands [In reply to] Can't Post

I did too while I worked at restaurants and safety meetings were what they are, now I work at a manufacturing facility and they are what they are :(

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)