Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi

Fronius  (C 105267)

Jun 6, 2012, 4:20 PM
Post #1 of 13 (759 views)
Shortcut
Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi Can't Post

Hi there, and greetings from Norway.

An easygoing person who dislikes drama planing to go to Lodi in July, and hoping to find some one to jump with in that time period. I currently have a B license and 120 jumps, most of them tracking and belly (Not to shabby in both of those disciplines). I can (try to) do some FF, but the quality varies from jump to jump =)

I'll be in Lodi from the 12th to 30th of July, so if you are there and don't enjoying jumping by yourself please shout out and we'll figure something out. I'll bring the beer =)

Blues Alex

sunkenstate  (A License)

Jun 6, 2012, 7:25 PM
Post #2 of 13 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fronius] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out Skydance Skydiving a little north in Davis, CA.

I don't say that with disrespect to Lodi. I've jumped and bought my rig there. Even Lodi instructors will tell you that it isn't the best place to roll up and meet people.

You may find Skydance to be more welcoming, which is where I jump. Folks are chill and the American Boogie is coming up (http://www.skydancegiftcertificates.com/boogie2012).

EDIT: PS. your post sounds like an eHarmony profile (not mine, of course.... I use OkCupid), which probably wouldn't help the situation at Lodi. Wink

(This post was edited by sunkenstate on Jun 6, 2012, 7:30 PM)

Glandu  (D 26253)

Jun 7, 2012, 4:22 AM
Post #3 of 13 (703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fronius] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

I also would like to jump in Lodi. One of the main raisons is the jump ticket price, but there is one question that has been bothering me : Would I be allowed to do my 270 degree turn before landing, which I have always done for years ?

monkycndo  (D License)

Jun 7, 2012, 5:15 AM
Post #4 of 13 (699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Glandu] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Would I be allowed to do my 270 degree turn before landing, which I have always done for years ?

Nope. 90 max.

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Jun 7, 2012, 6:57 AM
Post #5 of 13 (688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [monkycndo] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Would I be allowed to do my 270 degree turn before landing, which I have always done for years ?

Nope. 90 max.

Don't be silly.

He can do a 270.

Once.

Rickendiver  (A 62842)

Jun 7, 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #6 of 13 (667 views)
Shortcut

Also check out Bay Area Skydiving. Byron airport is about 45 minutes from Lodi, and has a real friendly environment. Smaller than either Lodi or Skydance, but they do have a King Air. Look me up if you do - I'll jump with ya!

headoverheels  (D License)

Jun 7, 2012, 8:21 PM
Post #7 of 13 (630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Glandu] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Sure, as long as it takes at least 20 seconds

Glandu  (D 26253)

Jun 9, 2012, 3:20 AM
Post #8 of 13 (569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

Very funny WinkWink So , forget about Lodi Tongue blue skies everybody....

Glandu  (D 26253)

Jun 9, 2012, 3:26 AM
Post #9 of 13 (567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [headoverheels] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

OK. I will follow your recommendation. Thanks. Would you join me ? Tongue

Fronius  (C 105267)

Jun 9, 2012, 8:20 AM
Post #10 of 13 (555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rickendiver] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

Appreciate the advise guys. But I'm going to go with Lodi anyway, just to get in a bunch of jumps for rediclesly low price. And maybe take a trip around the area afterwards.

Thanks Alex

GrassStain

Jun 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #11 of 13 (491 views)
Shortcut

There will be plenty of people to jump with at Lodi, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'll see you there.

nickfrey

Jun 11, 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #12 of 13 (470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GrassStain] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

Seconded, you wont have trouble finding people to jump with in lodi.

Fronius  (C 105267)

Jun 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #13 of 13 (424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickfrey] Looking for jumping buddy/group in July at Lodi [In reply to] Can't Post

Alright, glad to hear that. See you there in a couple of weeks.

Blues Alex

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)