Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
First tandem jump leads to serious addiction!

flaming0duckie

Jun 5, 2012, 4:24 PM
Post #1 of 14 (825 views)
Shortcut
First tandem jump leads to serious addiction! Can't Post

Hey guys. :) I did my first tandem jump at a DZ in San Diego and it was honest to god amazing. I can't wait to do it again and go for an AFF program when I have more time!! Laugh

http://i.imgur.com/ZXuv9.jpg

airtwardo  (D License)

Jun 5, 2012, 5:24 PM
Post #2 of 14 (804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flaming0duckie] First tandem jump leads to serious addiction! [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolCool

popsjumper  (D 999999999)

Jun 5, 2012, 6:07 PM
Post #3 of 14 (799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flaming0duckie] First tandem jump leads to serious addiction! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hook, line AND sinker.
LaughLaughWink

Welcome to the Big Blue Sky!

(This post was edited by popsjumper on Jun 5, 2012, 6:08 PM)

BKS60  (C 41583)

Jun 5, 2012, 6:29 PM
Post #4 of 14 (789 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to my addiction!
Made my tandem weekend before last and the canopy was not even close to being pulled and had already decided to start AFF.
I go to class Friday night and have scheduled two jumps for Saturday!!!!!
Problem I have I think it's amazing but the tandem never got my adrenaline pumping!
Now let's see if I can say that when I leave the plane at 14,500 with no one hooked to me!!!!!!

impulsive1

Jun 5, 2012, 6:35 PM
Post #5 of 14 (786 views)
Shortcut

Congradulations! I just did my 1st on Memorial day. Was a blast!!!!

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Jun 6, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #6 of 14 (732 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forums! Smile So glad to read that you enjoyed your jump, I hope you come back to the sky!

FreefallSnoopy  (B 38624)

Jun 8, 2012, 9:16 AM
Post #7 of 14 (689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BKS60] First tandem jump leads to serious addiction! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Made my tandem weekend before last and the canopy was not even close to being pulled and had already decided to start AFF.

I never did a tandem, but on my first AFF jump, I could hardly even think to look at my altimeter let alone think about something else! Must be a natural

BKS60  (C 41583)

Jun 8, 2012, 1:10 PM
Post #8 of 14 (682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FreefallSnoopy] First tandem jump leads to serious addiction! [In reply to] Can't Post

More likely just relaxed due the the folks I was jumping with being very good at explaining what we would be doing and being obviously thorough.
I really think watching the guy filming and how was using small hand movements to keep his position to us was what was I found amazing!

flaming0duckie

Jun 8, 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #9 of 14 (667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BKS60] First tandem jump leads to serious addiction! [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally agree! The cameraman helped me relax so much. How was the first AFF like? Did you find it totally nervewracking? Did the instructors grip onto you until pulling the chute?? Blush

skywombat  (D 31874)

Jun 9, 2012, 2:12 AM
Post #10 of 14 (648 views)
Shortcut

Congratulations! Welcome to a new world. This might just turn out to be one of those things where you make one jump... then you make another... and then it just kind of consumes your life. That's what happened to me, and hey, I'm not complaining.

See you out there!

BKS60  (C 41583)

Jun 9, 2012, 4:14 AM
Post #11 of 14 (641 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
I totally agree! The cameraman helped me relax so much. How was the first AFF like? Did you find it totally nervewracking? Did the instructors grip onto you until pulling the chute?? Blush

I don't know.....yet ....I took the class last night and am going to make two jumps today!
That's a huge amount of info and I'm reviewing it now.

flaming0duckie

Jun 9, 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #12 of 14 (624 views)
Shortcut

Oh my goodness! Let me know how it goes!

BKS60  (C 41583)

Jun 9, 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #13 of 14 (623 views)
Shortcut

Still in holding pattern pattern, wind damn wind.

Oh did i say damn wind!

Monko760  (B 38424)

Jun 21, 2012, 2:15 AM
Post #14 of 14 (499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FreefallSnoopy] First tandem jump leads to serious addiction! [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I never did a tandem, but on my first AFF jump, I could hardly even think to look at my altimeter let alone think about something else! Must be a natural

I'm thinking a tandem might have helped my Lvl 1(6/19/12). I felt the same way, got the first COA and the 3 pp down, altitude awareness went to the wayside as it set in how awesome this event was, until the camera guy flew around in front of me and that snapped me back into reality just in time to lock on at 6k.

booked my lvl 2
/addicted

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)