Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Where to GET (pocket, dome, flag, oversize) SLIDERder)

HughUno

May 29, 2012, 6:56 AM
Post #1 of 5 (700 views)
Shortcut
Where to GET (pocket, dome, flag, oversize) SLIDERder) Can't Post

I have a low use, but older (1995) PD 210. micro-lines, not ZP, in excellent shape, but opening shock is WICKED.

It doesn't help that I gained 25 pounds (weigh 210 now myself) and the canopy was designed when fall rates were slower. Canopy is in perfect trim and lines are almost new. Flies great, lands great.

pro-packing only helps a LITTLE, but not enough to keep me from leaving the DZ with pain and bruising.

Current slider is 19.5 x 30.5 inches (big grommets)

Can ANYONE direct me to POC for an experienced rigger who can make/sell me a LARGER or POCKET, OR FLAG slider? (whichever one will work to slow this thng down).

THX.

PS, I don't have $2K right now for a new main canopy, so please don't advise me to buy something else.

JerryBaumchen  (D 1543)

May 29, 2012, 1:08 PM
Post #2 of 5 (622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughUno] Where to GET (pocket, dome, flag, oversize) SLIDERder) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hugh,

This guy will:

Mark Lancaster
Skyworks Parachute Service
2222 Buffalo West Springs HiWay
Buffalo, SC 29321
864-429-8428
skyworksparasvc@aol.com

JerryBaumchen

Premier skydiverek  (C 41769)

May 29, 2012, 1:14 PM
Post #3 of 5 (619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughUno] Where to GET (pocket, dome, flag, oversize) SLIDERder) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Current slider is 19.5 x 30.5 inches

Did you measure it the 'correct way'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZB0sNdUOcs

HughUno

May 29, 2012, 1:51 PM
Post #4 of 5 (601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JerryBaumchen] Where to GET (pocket, dome, flag, oversize) SLIDERder) [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi Hugh,

This guy will:

Mark Lancaster
Skyworks Parachute Service
2222 Buffalo West Springs HiWay
Buffalo, SC 29321
864-429-8428
skyworksparasvc@aol.com

JerryBaumchen

Thanks Jerry, Will make contact, thx, JW

HughUno

Aug 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #5 of 5 (409 views)
Shortcut

THANKS Jerry, MEL (Mark Lancaster) indeed solved/fixed my problem. Oversize slider and pro-pack does the job nicely.

BTW, canopy was in PERFECT trim. PD told me that they increased the slider size substantially 2 years later. Marks slider is about the size of a tandem slider.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)