Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses

jtfreefly  (D 29482)

May 19, 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #1 of 23 (1121 views)
Shortcut
anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses Can't Post

Does anyone know if the liquid eyewear sunglasses give a good seal around the eyes for jumping. I currently have a pair of nike sunglasses that fit great but after several years they are getting pretty beat up.

gilead1  (D 26)

May 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #2 of 23 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jtfreefly] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

How big is your nose???? Angelic

seriously, I don't think anyone can tell, You have to try it yourself

Gilead

virgin-burner

May 19, 2012, 1:11 PM
Post #3 of 23 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jtfreefly] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

i've had a pair of skydiving google come loose once in freefall. do people really jump with sunglasses!?

Premier DSE  (D 29060)
May 19, 2012, 1:12 PM
Post #4 of 23 (1098 views)
Shortcut

Liquid and Gatorz both can be bent/molded to fit your face. I have both, prefer the Gatorz only because they fold up for transport.

AggieDave  (D License)

May 19, 2012, 1:38 PM
Post #5 of 23 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [virgin-burner] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
i've had a pair of skydiving google come loose once in freefall. do people really jump with sunglasses!?

I've done a couple of thousand jumps with either Gators or Oakleys on my face (with a strap keeping them from leaving).

Actually, I hate using goggles, they fog up and get my face sweaty.

Premier LouDiamond  (D 25931)
May 19, 2012, 2:59 PM
Post #6 of 23 (1074 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Does anyone know if the liquid eyewear sunglasses give a good seal around the eyes for jumping. I currently have a pair of nike sunglasses that fit great but after several years they are getting pretty beat up.

Yes, they do give a good seal either by themselves or with the foam gasket that you can add if you like a true goggle fit/feel. Unlike Gatorz, Liquid Eyewear is designed to be bent to better mold to the wearers face and offer ANSI impact protection. Liquid also offers the T flex model for those who prefer their glasses to fold. The T flex model can also be converted into goggles with a typical elastic goggle strap that can be added when the arms are removed. If you require a RX, liquid offers in lens prescriptions as well. If you want more feedback, a search on "Liquid Eyewear" will bring up several threads. HERE is one for starters.

virgin-burner

May 19, 2012, 3:12 PM
Post #7 of 23 (1068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AggieDave] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I've done a couple of thousand jumps with either Gators or Oakleys on my face (with a strap keeping them from leaving).

yea, they do.. which oakley-model do you prefer? they're my favorite brand, but i have a pair of gatorz too..

dgw  (C License)

May 19, 2012, 5:47 PM
Post #8 of 23 (1046 views)
Shortcut

I have a set of Liquid players with a -7 RX insert, and the light-to-dark lenses. They are superb, in my view. The RX inserts give me the best vision I have ever had with any set of glasses, and I have been wearing glasses for 30 years. The peripheral vision is stellar.

You don't need the gasket. They work extremely well, for me, in flat and head up flying.

As a very shortsighted spaz, I think they are great, and I have tried other options which worked to an extent, but were flawed.

I am very happy with my Liquid solution.

justme12001  (D 29862)

May 19, 2012, 6:39 PM
Post #9 of 23 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [virgin-burner] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

yep, I do, every jump for the past 5ish yrs! Gatorz with a bungee :)

DiverMike  (C 40024)

May 20, 2012, 6:02 AM
Post #10 of 23 (980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dgw] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
You don't need the gasket. They work extremely well, for me, in flat and head up flying.

+1

I have a set of Liquid Eyewear players I use on every jump. I purchased the gasket insert and tried using it, but didn't notice a great improvement as the frame was molded to my face so not much air was getting in my eyes in the first place. I don't like wearing the gasket when not skydiving, and it is a minor annoyance with minimal benefit putting the gasket in, so I don't use it.

I also have a prescription lens and the glasses work great.

AggieDave  (D License)

May 20, 2012, 6:08 AM
Post #11 of 23 (977 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

yea, they do.. which oakley-model do you prefer? they're my favorite brand, but i have a pair of gatorz too..

I have a HUGE face and freakishly large head, so I only wear Gascans. Everything else besides M-frames, looks too small on my face. No M-frames for me, the 90s ended a long time ago..

virgin-burner

May 20, 2012, 8:05 AM
Post #12 of 23 (961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AggieDave] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

apparently, i'd need an XL helmet from cookie; talking about a freakishly large head! Crazy

g2gjump  (B License)

May 21, 2012, 1:31 AM
Post #13 of 23 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LouDiamond] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

Gatorz have ANSI protection...

fabiana

May 21, 2012, 1:36 AM
Post #14 of 23 (880 views)
Shortcut

Hi!
thats a gooooood one.www.gloryfy-shop.com/unbreakable-sunglasses-a~1-t~1051
biba

piisfish

May 21, 2012, 2:40 AM
Post #15 of 23 (868 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Everything else besides M-frames, looks too small on my face. No M-frames for me, the 90s ended a long time ago..
M-Frames ?? Go for EYESHADES Smile

mr2mk1g  (C 103449)

May 21, 2012, 9:21 AM
Post #16 of 23 (818 views)
Shortcut

I've used these for years now: http://www.ebay.co.uk/...;hash=item337341fa3e

Search about and you'll find them for sale in the states too. Great as a halfway house as they're sunglasses but have foam round the edge too and the elastic means you can sinch them down tight if you need. Never have a problem with them in the tunnel or sky. Cheep as chips and available with various coloured lenses. Cool

Premier Remster  (C License)

May 21, 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #17 of 23 (807 views)
Shortcut

I still rock my M frames for cycling Tongue

normiss  (D 28356)

May 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #18 of 23 (803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remster] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

You're a furrinner, you can get away with it.
Tongue

Rstanley0312  (D 31900)

May 21, 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #19 of 23 (788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DiverMike] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

+1

I have a set of Liquid Eyewear players I use on every jump. I purchased the gasket insert and tried using it, but didn't notice a great improvement as the frame was molded to my face so not much air was getting in my eyes in the first place. I don't like wearing the gasket when not skydiving, and it is a minor annoyance with minimal benefit putting the gasket in, so I don't use it.

I also have a prescription lens and the glasses work great.

Ditto everything Mike just said.

Premier LouDiamond  (D 25931)
May 21, 2012, 7:50 PM
Post #20 of 23 (742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [g2gjump] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Gatorz have ANSI protection...

Are you referring to the plastic frame line they now offer or the aluminum frames with glass lenses?

mchamp  (D 32129)

May 21, 2012, 8:35 PM
Post #21 of 23 (730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DiverMike] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting! I've tried on quite a few goggles/shades for use while skydiving and I have yet to come across a pair of shades that I could use with an open face comfortably. I wear contacts and have a small(er) face will demo these glasses as soon as I get a chance to from friends or whatnot and see if I can actually wear an open face with shades without worrying about losing a contact in freefall!

DiverMike  (C 40024)

May 22, 2012, 7:46 AM
Post #23 of 23 (692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mchamp] anyone know much about liquid eyewear sunglasses [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't wear contacts, so I can't speak to that. The newer players are very comfortable to wear in a helmet as the frame of the sunglasses stops at the top of your ear and doesn't wrap around it. The strap holds them in place and there is no discomfort caused by your ear being smashed into the frame.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)