Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Best DZ's in SoCal

tmarine253  (A 59727)

May 17, 2012, 3:32 PM
Post #1 of 4 (487 views)
Shortcut
Best DZ's in SoCal Can't Post

Im moving to Carlsbad, CA next week and I was wondering what the consensus is on the dropzones out there. I know that there is San Diego, Elsinore, and Perris Valley. So what do people think about these different dropzones? Is one more fun jumper friendley than the next? I have never been to the dropzones out there or SoCal for that matter but the Marines are relocating me out there so wish me luck.

Premier NWFlyer  (D License)

May 17, 2012, 9:53 PM
Post #2 of 4 (456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tmarine253] Best DZ's in SoCal [In reply to] Can't Post

Visit them all and see which you like best. Or, keep rotating. They're all very fun jumper friendly kinds of places, each with a slightly different vibe. You'll be spoiled rotten that you can rotate through each depending on what kinds of fun activities/organizing/comps/boogies are going on where.

There's also soon to be Tsunami Skydivers in Oceanside (latest is that it's opening in July). The DZO (grimmie) has thrown some legendary exotic boogies in the past, so I've got no doubt it'll also be a great place for fun jumpers.

(This post was edited by NWFlyer on May 17, 2012, 9:54 PM)

Premier Remster  (C License)

May 18, 2012, 8:19 AM
Post #3 of 4 (430 views)
Shortcut

Define what "best" means to you.

Chaw714  (B 37230)

May 19, 2012, 2:49 PM
Post #4 of 4 (383 views)
Shortcut

I just got my A license at perris, just went to my first boogie at elsinore, and just bough my first rig down at san diego, all this year! I even got offered a free jump (which they ended up filling the plane so i couldnt take advantage of but still offered) with my rig down in SD. I think all DZ's r great and full of friendly people. Also depends on what your looking for Perris is the biggest elsinore and SD r about the same all run plenty of load throughout the day. Hit me up with a PM on here when you get out here im always down to jump with someone newSmile
BLUE SKIES!!

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)