Forums: Community: Blue Skies - In Memory Of:
BSBD Mike Ware

Premier faulknerwn  (D 17441)
May 10, 2012, 5:31 PM
Post #1 of 3 (927 views)
Shortcut
BSBD Mike Ware Can't Post

I am sad to share that long time Texas skydiver Mike Ware passed away today from lung cancer. I have many fond memories of Mike, from his stories of buying his first rig back in the 60s for $30 and having Mike McGowan cut holes in it to make it high performance, to doing my first demo with him and following him in downwind into a high school football stadium. I had my first reserve ride on his nice pink PD 143 reserve as well ( me and at least 3 other people he loaned his rig too! It was a good reserve ).

I'm sorry I didn't have time to get down to see him one last time.

BSBD Mike. See you on the other side

Wendy

ScratchTX  (A 37215)

May 10, 2012, 6:36 PM
Post #2 of 3 (887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faulknerwn] BSBD Mike Ware [In reply to] Can't Post

Mike was on my first 4-stack; my proud 100th jump. Also there at the memorial for my first skydiver friend's passing (Zara) -- somehow I ended up hanging out with him and Wendy, sharing the understanding that while of course losing anyone is cause for grief, it is not a reason to ask WHY or rail against the "shit happens" factor -- we live, we die and life goes on. Vietnam vet, general good guy, sad to not get a chance to see him again -- but that is what we do. Blue skies, Mlke.

--Scratch

chuckakers  (D 10855)

May 12, 2012, 5:57 AM
Post #3 of 3 (662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faulknerwn] BSBD Mike Ware [In reply to] Can't Post

I have many fond memories of hanging and jumping with Mike. He was a great guy and a terrific friend. I'll never forget our jump into the Texas Tech stadium. What a hoot!!

Blue skies, Mike.

Forums : Community : Blue Skies - In Memory Of

Search for (options)