Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Skydive Tampa Bay

Rstanley0312  (D 31900)

May 8, 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #1 of 15 (1976 views)
Shortcut
Skydive Tampa Bay Can't Post

Anyone jumped there? Also, I think I remember that Zhills is about half our away from the Tampa Bay area.... is that about right?

stratostar  (Student)

May 8, 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #2 of 15 (1939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rstanley0312] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep on the hills.. as for STB, I have not been there but known the owner for a long time, near as I can tell it's an alright place, not a USPA GM, last time I looked. That's all I can tell you.

Rick  (D 28557)

May 8, 2012, 1:01 PM
Post #3 of 15 (1926 views)
Shortcut

I was there a few weeks ago. We hired out their Cessna for a demo. They were not jumping that day due to low clouds. I think they usually have a Pac. A lot of the folks that jump there come over to Z-Hills once in a while and they are all good peeps. Missbrz and Theonlyski can probably give you more info.

Rstanley0312  (D 31900)

May 8, 2012, 1:06 PM
Post #4 of 15 (1919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rick] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I was there a few weeks ago. We hired out their Cessna for a demo. They were not jumping that day due to low clouds. I think they usually have a Pac. A lot of the folks that jump there come over to Z-Hills once in a while and they are all good peeps. Missbrz and Theonlyski can probably give you more info.

Thanks all... any more comments would be appreciated. I love Z hills but this is a family vacation so a closer dz would be nice. We are going to be in St. Pete but who knows.... maybe I can hit up both. Cool

stratostar  (Student)

May 8, 2012, 2:00 PM
Post #5 of 15 (1872 views)
Shortcut

https://www.facebook.com/...-Inc/156188374411634

Cliff Dobson is the owner, nice guy, just another crazy old corn husker fuck who's been dodging the planet for most my lifetime, give him a ring and go visit, might learn sump-tin.

devildog  (C 40302)

May 8, 2012, 2:35 PM
Post #6 of 15 (1857 views)
Shortcut

Been there once, fun place to jump.

As a side note, on the FB page they announced $15 fun jumps for the rest of the month. A few of us down in SWFL are going to head up there the 19th.

Bellyflier  (D License)

May 8, 2012, 4:56 PM
Post #7 of 15 (1790 views)
Shortcut

thats where I learned to skydive back in 87. Very good people. Cant go wrong jumping there. They make you feel like part of the family.

muff528  (D 17609)

May 8, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #8 of 15 (1768 views)
Shortcut

If you're going to be in St. Pete there is probably not much difference in distance. If you like a laid-back, family oriented, club-like atmosphere you'll like STB. I used to get down there at least a couple times a month just for the Cessna (taking a break from the turbines and the DC3 at Zhills even though Cliff did occasionally bring in something a little more "exotic" Smile) Always a safe and friendly experience. It's been a long time since I've been down there but if I know Cliff that probably hasn't changed much.

Rstanley0312  (D 31900)

May 8, 2012, 7:40 PM
Post #9 of 15 (1716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [muff528] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
If you're going to be in St. Pete there is probably not much difference in distance. If you like a laid-back, family oriented, club-like atmosphere you'll like STB. I used to get down there at least a couple times a month just for the Cessna (taking a break from the turbines and the DC3 at Zhills even though Cliff did occasionally bring in something a little more "exotic" Smile) Always a safe and friendly experience. It's been a long time since I've been down there but if I know Cliff that probably hasn't changed much.

Good stuff.... thanks everyone :)

icanfly  (B License)

May 8, 2012, 8:04 PM
Post #10 of 15 (1703 views)
Shortcut

I jump there about every weekend. Prob more like 45 min from Tampa. They usually have a pac. Lots of tandems. Very friendly and fun place to jump!

theonlyski  (D License)

May 8, 2012, 8:32 PM
Post #11 of 15 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rick] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Missbrz

She wouldn't know, she has never been there!Mad

Yes, more like a small dz club atmosphere... and I do believe they are running a fun jumper special for the rest of the month. Maybe I'll get to fun jump too!

missbrz  (B License)

May 9, 2012, 7:38 AM
Post #12 of 15 (1616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Missbrz

She wouldn't know, she has never been there!Mad

Yes, more like a small dz club atmosphere... and I do believe they are running a fun jumper special for the rest of the month. Maybe I'll get to fun jump too!

You're right I haven't Tongue What's this "fun jump special" you speak of?

normiss  (D 28356)

May 9, 2012, 8:28 AM
Post #13 of 15 (1603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [missbrz] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

$15 is what I'm hearing....
Shocked

missbrz  (B License)

May 9, 2012, 8:42 AM
Post #14 of 15 (1599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [normiss] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
$15 is what I'm hearing....
Shocked

ShockedShocked looks like I might be trying out Skydive Tampa Bay Wink especially now that scrambles are postponed...

theonlyski  (D License)

May 9, 2012, 5:09 PM
Post #15 of 15 (1561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [missbrz] Skydive Tampa Bay [In reply to] Can't Post

From FB:

Quote:
$169 tandems and $15 fun jumps for the rest of the month!!!!

Also IRT:
Quote:
not a USPA GM, last time I looked

http://www.uspa.org/...365/Default.aspx#815
Wink

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)