Forums: Skydiving: Safety and Training:
A license over 60 days

rendezvous  (C License)

Mar 28, 2003, 10:03 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut
A license over 60 days Can't Post

As an a license if you haven't jumped for 90 days whats the procedure for getting current again. Do you just go and jump or is there something else involved.

AirMail  (A 41633)

Mar 28, 2003, 10:06 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rendezvous] A license over 60 days [In reply to] Can't Post

Ground school with an instructor and then a jump with the instructor is what I had to do.

GS was just questions about BSRs and general knowledge. Jump was to prove I could fall stable.

Patrick

CrazyIvan  (A 43359)

Mar 28, 2003, 10:48 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1080 views)
Shortcut

Read this http://www.uspa.org/...text/Section5.htm#52

sundevil777  (D License)

Mar 28, 2003, 6:37 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1004 views)
Shortcut

Show up early, impress them with your knowledge/preparation. They might give you a break.

(This post was edited by sundevil777 on Mar 28, 2003, 6:44 PM)

ECVZZ  (A License)

Mar 29, 2003, 5:50 PM
Post #5 of 7 (947 views)
Shortcut

From what I've seen it depends on the dz. Anywhere from emergency procedure review (with harness time) accompanied by a level 4, to as little as a few questions about malfunction recognition and a "have a good time".

Regardless of whether your dz requires it or not, I would personally review malfunctions and get some cutaway practice in the harness, at the minimum.

Have fun, and be safe!

Greg

Windwalker  (A 40487)

May 3, 2003, 6:55 PM
Post #6 of 7 (728 views)
Shortcut

I had to answer a bunch of verbal questions, review emergency procedures and then do a check out dive.

The check out dive was just me mirroring what the instructor was doing. He would do a turn a certain number of degrees in a certain direction and I would imitate him. My imitation wasn't perfect but that seemed to be OK. I'm not sure if my canopy skills were being looked at because they weren't discussed and the instructor was nowhere to be seen when I landed.

riggerrob  (D 14840)

May 4, 2003, 7:48 AM
Post #7 of 7 (681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Windwalker] A license over 60 days [In reply to] Can't Post

Instructors are sneaky characters. Chances are he was spying on you from the packing hangar.
Since you survived the canopy ride, you did not make any major mistakes, so he did not feel any need to comment on how you steered your parachute.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)