Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Canopy Relative Work:
learning CRW around NC, TN, VA, SC???

5.samadhi

Apr 30, 2012, 7:21 AM
Post #1 of 5 (834 views)
Shortcut
learning CRW around NC, TN, VA, SC??? Can't Post

I am very interested in learning CRW from somebody with experience. I do not have any experience with CRW besides doing some proximity flying with another person under a 9-cell....but never docking or anything like that. I understand the basics from talking with people that used to or seldomly do CRW but nobody I have met is actually doing any!

I live in western NC but will travel anywhere around here to learn. I will go down east near Raeford or south carolina or TN or north to VA. Wherever I just want to begin to learn this discipline.

best to all the CRW dogs out there Cool

fifthfloyd  (A 49914)

Apr 30, 2012, 7:51 AM
Post #2 of 5 (817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [5.samadhi] learning CRW around NC, TN, VA, SC??? [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a beginners camp in Maytown, PA in a month. I know that's a bit of a stretch but one thing I've learned over the last year of chasing this discipline... CRW = Travel!

Link to the forum thread on the camp...
http://www.dropzone.com/...rum.cgi?post=4258272

LeeLinkoff

Apr 30, 2012, 1:21 PM
Post #3 of 5 (789 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Let me start off by saying that I'm not an experienced CRW Dawg (not yet, Frown).

However, I'm a CRW pup with some experience (867 jumps total, 59 of those CRW). Those 59 CRW jumps were mostly 2, 3 or 4 way stacks. I have done about 5 or 6 downplanes and participated in a 11-way diamond as a wing.

I own my own Lightning (143 at ~ 1.1 wing loading) as well as a Triathlon 160 which is meant for both freefall and CRW.

I typically jump at VCS (we use to be Westpoint) which is about 30 minutes from Richmond in VA.

I would be glad to do CRW jumps with you and pass along the little bit of knowledge I have.

If you prefer someone with alot more experience, I completely understand.

Just wanted to extand the offer and any help to a fellow CRW enthusiast.

(This post was edited by LeeLinkoff on Apr 30, 2012, 1:24 PM)

KorissaRose

Apr 30, 2012, 2:11 PM
Post #4 of 5 (779 views)
Shortcut

Where in nc

CaptKirk

Apr 30, 2012, 4:18 PM
Post #5 of 5 (766 views)
Shortcut

Hey if you can get down to Florida almost free training is available. We have a bunch of great dogs that could help you out.My team Trains once a month, and I am sure we can find someone to helpyou out,plus you could sit in on team debriefs and pick up some pointers. Juts a thought, I relize it is a bit of a drive. Contact info is:divedeep@att.net

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Canopy Relative Work

Search for (options)