Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ

Flying_Spoon

Apr 18, 2012, 7:25 PM
Post #1 of 10 (837 views)
Shortcut
Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ Can't Post

Hello all. I've always wanted to jump and now I'm finally going to do it! Looking to go this weekend for my birthday, but I can't decide which DZ to head to. I've cruised the boards for a few days trying to find info, but I couldn't come up with anything current. The two DZ's I'm looking at are Pegasus and Oklahoma Skydiving Center because they are relatively close to OKC. I want to jump solo and AFF isn't exactly in my budget right now so SL it is. If it's not considered a foul can anyone share recent experiences at either DZ?

(sorry if my message board etiquette blows, never really posted in forums before!)

hub1100  (C 41319)

Apr 19, 2012, 6:01 AM
Post #2 of 10 (819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Flying_Spoon] Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ [In reply to] Can't Post

welcome to the forums and the most adrenaline rushed sport above earth. sorry, can't help on okc, those opinions will be here soon.
after 12hours anyone's welcome is a great start. blue skys.

JohnRich  (D License)

Apr 19, 2012, 6:26 AM
Post #3 of 10 (817 views)
Shortcut

Read reviews here:
http://www.dropzone.com/.../Oklahoma/index.html

smurfmws  (C 39120)

Apr 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #4 of 10 (793 views)
Shortcut

I started at Oklahoma Skydiving Center. It is great place to start it is small and the people are nice. But after i got my A i started to go down to dalllas to Skydive dallas. But Oklahoma Skydiving Center is what i would pick.

Blue skys and good luck you are going to love it!!!Cool

ezblakeoven  (B License)

Apr 20, 2012, 8:40 AM
Post #5 of 10 (754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smurfmws] Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ [In reply to] Can't Post

I've not jumped in OK but I can second Flying_Spoon about Skydive Dallas. It's a great DZ with friendly people and a good atmosphere. I am finishing up the AFF/SDU program there and have nothing but good things to say about the instruction I've received thus far.

dthames  (B 37674)

Apr 22, 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #6 of 10 (720 views)
Shortcut

I did some AFF jumps and some S/L jumps, sort of mixed for some unusual reasons. But now I am fully a S/L student. My DZ has been closed most weeks lately so I went over to Pegasus yesterday.

Go there and spend a day. That is the best advice I can give. A lot of places offer S/L or IAD training. Pegasus "teaches" S/L. You have to be there to understand what I mean.

I have jumped at 4 DZs, two large ones and two small one. That is funny with my grand total of 16 jumps, I know. I is not my home DZ but you can bet it will be my home away from home.

jguy904  (D 26344)

Apr 22, 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #7 of 10 (705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dthames] Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ [In reply to] Can't Post

how picky can u be in oklahoma?--i'm just sayin'Cool

racerman  (C 18409)

Apr 23, 2012, 6:36 PM
Post #8 of 10 (669 views)
Shortcut

As a student I'd stay away from Pegasus. Worn out gear, outdated training methods and power lines. Go to Cushing and stay there until you get an A license and then go to Pegasus. The best people are there with a family feeling.

SwoopinJalo  (D 31796)

Apr 24, 2012, 8:37 AM
Post #9 of 10 (655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [racerman] Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ [In reply to] Can't Post

Listen guys....Im a Coach/Tandem/Freeflyer out of OSC. We have the largest jump plane in Oklahoma. We have 3 planes...a Cess 182, 206, 402. Our 402 hold 9-10 people and goes to 13,500. We are the largest and most professional DZ in Oklahoma. Theres no longer any need for local FUN/UP jumpers to drive all the way to DALLAS! Come check us out and let us win your business and trust! Check us out on facebook and www.skydiveok.com. Give me a call 918 706 9497 or 918 225 2222. CHEERS!Wink

crotalus01  (B 28932)

Apr 26, 2012, 8:35 PM
Post #10 of 10 (628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SwoopinJalo] Newbie in OK trying to pick a DZ [In reply to] Can't Post

I was passing through Cushman a couple years back and stopped in OSC to get a jump in. Very nice operation and very friendly people.

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)