Forums: Skydiving: Gear and Rigging:
Atair USA?

5.samadhi

Apr 10, 2012, 8:55 AM
Post #1 of 9 (965 views)
Shortcut
Atair USA? Can't Post

Does anybody have contact information for Atair USA? I need information on the Atair Indigo canopy. Any leads on anybody who might know anybody that has info on this canopy would be helpful!

I'm about to test jump it but any more information could help me form a better opinion. I also need line trim charts if possible (unlikely?).

thanks and blue skies! Cool

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Apr 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #2 of 9 (891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [5.samadhi] Atair USA? [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/...Plus/212579988843688

(Of course, wouldn't it be cool if we had a forum like this for BASE jumping? Oh wait ... )

(This post was edited by NWFlyer on Apr 10, 2012, 11:53 AM)

Hellis

Apr 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #3 of 9 (862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Atair USA? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it's a BASE canopy.
Never heard of that canopy, is it a discontinued model?
Found this when I searched for it.
http://www.dropzone.com/...ge.cgi?ID=123826;d=1

Atair makes skydive mains too Wink

Premier NWFlyer  (D 29960)

Apr 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #4 of 9 (853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellis] Atair USA? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:

Oops, my bad. Blush Thought BASE was all they did.

I only knew of the contact b/c I'd heard the local gossip that Pete recently took over the US distributorship.

buff  (D 30567)

Apr 10, 2012, 4:04 PM
Post #5 of 9 (804 views)
Shortcut

I don't think there is an Atair USA anymore but you can email Stane directly and he will respond.

I needed cy Cobalt relined two seasons ago and he said that they still support all thier canopies and I worked it thru Base Troll I thinki.

Yes NW Flyer, there are plenty of Atair canopies out there and they came out with the Radical a couple of five years ago.

Look in the classifieds, there is someone in TX who used to be a rep that is always posting small Cobalts and Comp Cobalts for sale. You might want to PM him for info. I don't remember who it is but I think he used to be a DZO.

5.samadhi

Apr 11, 2012, 8:58 AM
Post #6 of 9 (733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NWFlyer] Atair USA? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Oops, my bad. Blush Thought BASE was all they did.

I only knew of the contact b/c I'd heard the local gossip that Pete recently took over the US distributorship.
Actually you're a little confused but thanks for the attempt...I wish it were a base canopy cuz that would make this process much easier since Stane still produces those in europe. Atair in europe took over the base canopies (thats Stane) and split from skydiving mains and Atair USA (they continued to produce skydiving mains for a few years). I emailed Stane and he doesnt really know anything about the indigo (manufactured but never brought to market as a seven cell canopy intended to compete with the spectre apparently).

Oh well I am getting a new one (indigo) soon and will fly it and test it, and take line measurements to develop a line trim chart (and just hope it came out of the factory in trim!).

thanks for the help everybody Cool

Coreefdiver  (D 15287)

Apr 11, 2012, 7:13 PM
Post #7 of 9 (669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buff] Atair USA? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I don't think there is an Atair USA anymore but you can email Stane directly and he will respond.

+1
Stane will help you, he helped me with some questions about my Alpha about 6 months ago.

5.samadhi

Apr 12, 2012, 7:29 AM
Post #8 of 9 (625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Coreefdiver] Atair USA? [In reply to] Can't Post

well I tried Stane, he didnt have anything for me about the indigo...he did get back to me very quickly though so he has good customer service even for a product that he doesnt sell anymore.

it looks like it will come down to test jumping it and figuring it out on my own.

Premier SkymonkeyONE  (D 12501)

Apr 17, 2012, 8:30 AM
Post #9 of 9 (509 views)
Shortcut

Bryan Moffit, a Texas jumper and former sorta-swooper freefly guy bought the entire surplus of Atair USA canopies. He has a bunch of Onyx's, Cobalts, and CC's. He posts here on Dizzy and is on facebook as well.

I have his number if anyone wants it.

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)