Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Canopy Relative Work:
GK CRW

dustin19d  (D License)

Mar 5, 2012, 1:18 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1287 views)
Shortcut
GK CRW Can't Post

This marks the end of yet another winter training down here in Southern Florida for the GK's. This was taken today over Homestead, FL. Our new guys this year have been "on it" when it comes to CRW. They even like strap workCool

I think I over shrunk these pics though to get them to post...?

(This post was edited by dustin19d on Mar 5, 2012, 1:22 PM)
Attachments: dz 4x4.jpg (61.9 KB)
  dz crew sun.jpg (10.8 KB)

chuckbrown  (D 19538)

Mar 6, 2012, 4:38 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dustin19d] GK CRW [In reply to] Can't Post

I love seeing CRW being done with trailing pilot chutes. Just wait until they tangle (and they will). The GK should do CRW, but they should spend my tax dollars and get the right gear. Reminds me of 2006 Nationals when I was on a load with the GK. I asked why they weren't competing in CRW. They said "Our CO think it's too dangerous." My teammate at the time was on the short list to command the GK and definitely was into CRW.

If you're gonna be "on it" doing CRW, get the right gear. You'll be glad you did.

topdocker  (D 12018)

Mar 6, 2012, 4:52 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chuckbrown] GK CRW [In reply to] Can't Post

The GK's did compete in CRW in the early to mid 90's. They just couldn't win all the time so they stopped competing.

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Mar 6, 2012, 8:17 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1184 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
If you're gonna be "on it" doing CRW, get the right gear. You'll be glad you did.

Could be they were pussies and didn't want to bust their asses trying to land the Lightnings? Laugh

dustin19d  (D License)

Mar 7, 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] GK CRW [In reply to] Can't Post

Tough croudLaugh
Glad you all enjoyed the picturesTongue

topdocker  (D 12018)

Mar 8, 2012, 7:54 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dustin19d] GK CRW [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Tough croudLaugh

Aww man..... I did enjoy the pics.

I was just glad they weren't pictures of a bad wrap and triple cutaway or something. Those seem to be the most popular for people to show.

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Mar 9, 2012, 7:45 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [topdocker] GK CRW [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Tough croudLaugh

I was just glad they weren't pictures of a bad wrap and triple cutaway or something. Those seem to be the most popular for people to show.

No kidding. Although I fully enjoyed the Lightning CRW jumps I did with the crwdogs, most of it in the diamond formations, the most fun I had was with my close friends all jumping Triathlons with the trailing pilot chutes, banging out the 4 stack rotations, with microlines even. Shocked I had maybe 180 jumps doing that and never had a pilot chute get caught on anything, but that potential is always there of course.

chuckbrown  (D 19538)

Mar 9, 2012, 1:27 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BillyVance] GK CRW [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Tough croudLaugh

No kidding. Although I fully enjoyed the Lightning CRW jumps I did with the crwdogs, most of it in the diamond formations, the most fun I had was with my close friends all jumping Triathlons with the trailing pilot chutes, banging out the 4 stack rotations, with microlines even. Shocked I had maybe 180 jumps doing that and never had a pilot chute get caught on anything, but that potential is always there of course.

I've seen pilot chutes entangle with retractable bridles; the potential increases exponentially with non-retractable bridles.

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Mar 9, 2012, 9:25 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1052 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I've seen pilot chutes entangle with retractable bridles; the potential increases exponentially with non-retractable bridles.

Matter of fact, I seem to remember one jump at Chester, SC in June 2005 where some guy banged into his slot a bit out of control and got his retractable pc tangled up. He was a couple rows below me. All told, I think 5 shoes were lost trying to hold the formation together until the clear out order was given or something. I have the picture of it too. Fun shit! Laugh

Premier Remster  (C License)

Mar 12, 2012, 8:03 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [topdocker] GK CRW [In reply to] Can't Post

You competitive CReW types are crazy....

A couple of French teams are training in Eloy... The 2 way sequential team are jumping 89 Stroms with HMA lines... Crazy people.

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Canopy Relative Work

Search for (options)