Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book???

ferrarimv

Mar 8, 2012, 9:17 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1203 views)
Shortcut
Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book??? Can't Post

Hi.
I'm a r00kie.
I really really want to get into skydiving, and I'm going over to my local DZ for Safety Day, official 1st day of Beginning of Season this Saturday.

Planning to sit through lectures and jump my tandem, and start my work towards my "A" Cool

Really really excited!
Can't wait till I/we leap over the edge of the door!! Wink

Well anyway...I wanted to get a HARDCOPY (book format) of Skydiver's Information Manual SIM 2012.

And I know it costs $26+ from USPA site, but figured I'd ask this great community and maybe someone has an extra one laying around that they could "sacrifice" and mail it to me ;)

Thank you so so much!!
And cant wait to start reading & learnig & jumping & do more reading & learning.

P.S.
(I'm a SAFETY FREAK by nature & always overcautious) Blush

(This post was edited by ferrarimv on Mar 8, 2012, 9:18 PM)

nigel99  (D 1)

Mar 8, 2012, 9:39 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ferrarimv] Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why not just focus on the first few parts of section 4 (Student learning program) and the BSR's section 2? You don't need a full hardcopy for that.

The problem with trying to 'jump start' your learning solo, is that it can be hard to unlearn stuff. Instructors are good people.

theonlyski  (D License)

Mar 9, 2012, 3:38 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1153 views)
Shortcut

This is the current edition of the SIM, so finding someone to 'Donate' it to you would be tough. We had to pay for them Tongue

djmarvin  (D 22292)

Mar 9, 2012, 6:28 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
This is the current edition of the SIM, so finding someone to 'Donate' it to you would be tough. We had to pay for them Tongue

What he said.....

If you really want a hard copy but not willing to pay for it. Download the free .pdf and print the sections you need. Sections 2, 4, and 5 would be a great start.

BillyVance  (D 18895)

Mar 9, 2012, 7:46 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [djmarvin] Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

What he said.....

If you really want a hard copy but not willing to pay for it. Download the free .pdf and print the sections you need. Sections 2, 4, and 5 would be a great start.

This. And its free. Tongue

shah269  (A 59581)

Mar 20, 2012, 6:12 AM
Post #6 of 8 (884 views)
Shortcut

Work late and "barrow" paper from the office and print a coppy for your local DZ! They will thank you for it!

theonlyski  (D License)

Mar 21, 2012, 7:04 AM
Post #7 of 8 (835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shah269] Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Work late and "barrow" paper from the office and print a coppy for your local DZ! They will thank you for it!

First off, Barrow?

Secondly, the dz probably already HAS a 'coppy'.

Third, it's easier and fairly cheap to take it to Kinkos and get them to print it off, both sided and bind it together.

Rstanley0312  (D 31900)

Mar 21, 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #8 of 8 (807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlyski] Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

First off, Barrow?

Secondly, the dz probably already HAS a 'coppy'.

Third, it's easier and fairly cheap to take it to Kinkos and get them to print it off, both sided and bind it together.

There is also an app now that you can get on your smartphone.

Forums : Skydiving : Safety and Training

Search for (options)