Forums: Skydiving: Events & Places to Jump:
couple questions about eloy

fizzbuzz99  (C License)

Feb 21, 2012, 1:54 PM
Post #1 of 6 (388 views)
Shortcut
couple questions about eloy Can't Post

Just wondering a few things...........

What's the going rate for a pack job in Eloy these days?

Are there discounts for buying bulk tickets?

and finally does anyone have a contact (Email prob. best) for a shuttle pickup from the airport?

Thx

Premier Remster  (C License)

Feb 21, 2012, 5:58 PM
Post #2 of 6 (362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fizzbuzz99] couple questions about eloy [In reply to] Can't Post

pack: 7 if over 200 sqft, 6 between 100 and 200, 5 for less than 100 sqft

Yep, they offer a 12 jump/weekend deal. They may also have a 50 jump pack too ... Email/call manifest to find out.

Shuttle: dont know.

JohnRich  (D License)

Feb 21, 2012, 7:13 PM
Post #3 of 6 (339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Remster] couple questions about eloy [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
pack: 7 if over 200 sqft, 6 between 100 and 200, 5 for less than 100 sqft

Why the different rates by canopy size? Isn't it the same number of hand motions, and therefore time, regardless of size? A 7-cell is a 7-cell, regardless of how big the cells are.

monkycndo  (D License)

Feb 21, 2012, 9:37 PM
Post #5 of 6 (319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRich] couple questions about eloy [In reply to] Can't Post

More fabric = more $.

Besides, the larger canopies take up more space on the mat while waiting to be packed. Have to rent the floor space.

davelepka  (D 21448)

Feb 22, 2012, 5:23 AM
Post #6 of 6 (304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRich] couple questions about eloy [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
Why the different rates by canopy size? Isn't it the same number of hand motions, and therefore time, regardless of size? A 7-cell is a 7-cell, regardless of how big the cells are.

Not true. I jump a 103, and I can push all the air out of the canopy before I put it on the ground, while a larger canopy needs to be set down and pushing the air out of the canopy will take longer.

Once on the ground, I can get it in the bag with one S fold, while a larger canopy requires two.

Depending on the size of the bag, you might be able to make fewer stows with the shorter lines on a smaller canopy.

When you get paid piece work, these 'time savers' can shave 1 min off a pack job, and that's real money by the end of the day/week/month/year. Of course, this is in Eloy, where the packers have a never-ending pile of work, and 1 min can make a real difference. At a lesser DZ, where packers have 'time off' between loads and such, I would disagree with the upcharge for larger canopies.

Forums : Skydiving : Events & Places to Jump

Search for (options)