10-25 jumps 6 / 16%
25+ jumps 7 / 19%
37 total votes

Yoshi  (D 26770)

Mar 25, 2003, 5:52 AM
Post #1 of 6 (794 views)
Shortcut
how long to get current before jumping your pocket rocket Can't Post

well I have done about 25 jumps this season on a 149 and I know that I could land my 111 but I am waiting just to make myself a little more comfy... my question is how long do you guys wait (the ones that jump fairly high wing loadings) if you took the winter off or havnt jumped in a while.. do you go strieght to your pocket rocket or do you get current on something a little bigger???
Its also a respect thing for me... I have a handful of jumpers around me that say wait a little longer...and with my -never been jumped- brand new rig sitting there it makes it hard, but I have to respect those around me even if I know I can land safely...
-yoshi

rgoper  (C 32349)

Mar 25, 2003, 11:34 AM
Post #2 of 6 (632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yoshi] how long to get current before jumping your pocket rocket [In reply to] Can't Post

Kevin:

i believe your answer lies within yourself. you must know what you can and cannot do. but you will be losing 38 sq. ft. of canopy and as you know up goes the wing load, much more ground hungry canopy. jump it from altitude 13.5 k or so a couple of times before you take it down to 2500' agl. whenever i change canopies i do this same thing, i want to learn it, before it burns me! take care, be safe.

Yoshi  (D 26770)

Mar 25, 2003, 12:09 PM
Post #3 of 6 (612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rgoper] how long to get current before jumping your pocket rocket [In reply to] Can't Post

Im with you.. the first 5 jumps on it are going to be hop and pops from alti....and I dont think Ill be pulling at 2500 unless in rare instances...the crossfire 2 opens with a long snivel so I usually pull at 3k.... I know I can land it, but I dont want to make the dzo or my brother uncomfortable ... thats mostly why I am waiting until I have a few more jumps... last year I was jumping my brothers 105 with no problem.. even took it off the dz on one landing and was able to land it in a pretty small area...
ahh well
-yoshi

MrHixxx  (D 24144)

Mar 25, 2003, 12:21 PM
Post #4 of 6 (602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yoshi] how long to get current before jumping your pocket rocket [In reply to] Can't Post

I am going to be jumping my Xaos in a couple of weeks coming back from knee surgery. It has been late October since I jumped it last. I am staying under the same wing, because it is the one I am most familiar with. What I probably will change is my approach to a 90 instead of the regular 270 until I feel dialed in again...

-Hixxx

sundevil777  (D License)

Mar 25, 2003, 5:52 PM
Post #5 of 6 (524 views)
Shortcut

At least 50 jumps on a t-10 before you try a PC sonny!

Yoshi  (D 26770)

Mar 26, 2003, 5:31 AM
Post #6 of 6 (453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sundevil777] how long to get current before jumping your pocket rocket [In reply to] Can't Post

no thanks!:) even though those are the chutes that got us where we are today...I dont think you will catch me under one:)
(not unless I am kiting it on a windy day)

-yoshi

Forums : Skydiving : Gear and Rigging

Search for (options)