Forums: General: Introductions and Greets:
Hi Everyone!

milehigheric  (C License)

Feb 15, 2012, 1:08 AM
Post #1 of 4 (226 views)
Shortcut
Hi Everyone! Can't Post

I stumbled on this forum recently and I just thought I would throw up a greeting so I can get to know some people. My name is Eric, I live in Australia and jump at the beautiful byron DZ. I recently just finished my AFF so with my carton on the table I think that officially makes me a novice to the sport now haha. I'm looking forward to getting my own gear soon and many more jumps in the future...Oh and getting past these student wind restrictions with a B license. I respect why they are there but god they can be frustrating when for the most part wind is gusting just over the limits and your grounded.

-Eric

kcjen24  (B License)

Feb 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #2 of 4 (199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milehigheric] Hi Everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dealing with the same thing here in Kansas... wind, wind and more wind! Hang in there - and welcome!

Premier skymama  (D 26699)
Feb 16, 2012, 4:55 AM
Post #3 of 4 (178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milehigheric] Hi Everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums! Smile You know what sucks worse than being at the dz and sitting on the ground on a high wind day? Being in the air on a high wind day and wishing you were on the ground. Wink Respect the wind and don't push your limits, there's always another day you can jump.

milehigheric  (C License)

Feb 17, 2012, 2:16 AM
Post #4 of 4 (154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skymama] Hi Everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah I had one landing recently where the wind unexpectedly picked up on approach (roughly 20 gusting 25). The approach felt good but the wind swung around just before flare and I nearly ate dirt....managed to recover and land half decent somehow though. It was enough to convince me why student restrictions exist anyway.

That has been the biggest challenge in the start actually. I come from an aviation background and at first it was very intimidating that a bad decision can not be fixed with a go around.

Forums : General : Introductions and Greets

Search for (options)