Forums: Dropzone.com: Security and Scam Alerts:
Username: Drich -- Classified Buyer Scam

Premier Meso
Administrator
Feb 14, 2012, 6:23 AM
Post #1 of 5 (517 views)
Shortcut
Username: Drich -- Classified Buyer Scam Can't Post

The following message is a scam attempt. Should you have received this message in reply to one of your ads, ignore any correspondence attempts from the user listed below.

Quote:
On 12-Feb-2012 someone submitted their contact information in response to your ad in the Dropzone.com Classifieds. Please reply to this email to contact the person directly.

Username => drich

Name => Dominus

FromEmail => dom_richy@ymail.com

City => Bancroft

Country => Usa

Comments => Good-day, Is your Risers Type 8 with large stainless rings still available for sale, $120 is your Best offer or can you go down a lil bit? Leave me with more pics of it

Remember:

• DO NOT do business with anyone who offers to send you payment for a higher amount than your selling price with the understanding that you'll send back the balance.

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be acting on behalf of a "client" or another "customer".

• Be suspicious of anyone claiming to be from Nigeria or West Africa

• If you agree to accept a check payment, then do not send anything, gear or "change" before the check cleared. And be careful, if you manage to clear a fraudulent check then you may be liable for the damages if the bank finds out later. Make sure your bank authenticates the check.

• If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.
This username has been disabled.

xelmasri  (B 31252)

Feb 15, 2012, 4:48 PM
Post #2 of 5 (451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: Drich -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

He sent me a Money order for way more than the value i asked for. I obviously know its a scam. How should i proceed. Any advise. Send it back? do nothing?

Premier Meso
Administrator
Feb 16, 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #3 of 5 (439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xelmasri] Username: Drich -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

Do nothing works, alternatively you can go to the bank or police and report it.

noamk

Feb 16, 2012, 9:12 AM
Post #4 of 5 (427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Meso] Username: Drich -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

He tried to buy alti from me.
will be reported.

Thanks.

CL10Ant  (C 40881)

Feb 16, 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #5 of 5 (421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noamk] Username: Drich -- Classified Buyer Scam [In reply to] Can't Post

Same gut tried to buy a used alti from me. I asked for $100 and I would ship it. He sent me a fake Postal Money Order for $850 and said he will have a shipping service pick it up...that makes no sense to me?

Forums : Dropzone.com : Security and Scam Alerts

Search for (options)