Forums: Skydiving Disciplines: Freeflying:
Freefly Coaching West Coast - any suggestions re: coach/DZ?

alienfreefly  (C License)

Jan 26, 2012, 5:43 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Freefly Coaching West Coast - any suggestions re: coach/DZ? Can't Post

Hey guys,

I'm planning to travel to the US west coast in March, my aim is to get a full week of Freefly and tunnel coaching..

I've been trying for few years to improve my FF skills and I noticed that the best way is doing an intensive training... Now, I got the time to do it, so I'd like some suggestions of DZ and coaches...

Thanks & BS!

(This post was edited by alienfreefly on Jan 26, 2012, 5:44 PM)

axelandr  (B 103786)

Jan 26, 2012, 7:00 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alienfreefly] Freefly Coaching West Coast - any suggestions re: coach/DZ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Stephanie Soria at Lodi combined with the iFly SF Bay about an hour away. Killer combo!

Squeak  (E 1313)

Jan 27, 2012, 4:40 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alienfreefly] Freefly Coaching West Coast - any suggestions re: coach/DZ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey guys,

I'm planning to travel to the US west coast in March, my aim is to get a full week of Freefly and tunnel coaching..

I've been trying for few years to improve my FF skills and I noticed that the best way is doing an intensive training... Now, I got the time to do it, so I'd like some suggestions of DZ and coaches...

Thanks & BS!
Andy Malchiodi at Elsinore
or
Go to Eloy in AZ and take your pick from about 10 world class flyers

alienfreefly  (C License)

Jan 29, 2012, 6:54 PM
Post #4 of 7 (959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Squeak] Freefly Coaching West Coast - any suggestions re: coach/DZ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheers guys,

Anyone at Perris?

Also, pard my ignorance, any of those DZs have wind tunnel handy and mid-week jumping to get good numbers at the time I'm there?

I'm not from the US.. Crazy

(This post was edited by alienfreefly on Jan 29, 2012, 7:12 PM)

Squeak  (E 1313)

Jan 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #5 of 7 (946 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Cheers guys,

Anyone at Perris?

Also, pard my ignorance, any of those DZs have wind tunnel handy and mid-week jumping to get good numbers at the time I'm there?

I'm not from the US.. Crazy
Eloy has a tunnel on site.
So does Perris.
BUT
Elsinore is 30 min drive from Perris, and Andy Malchiodi, coaches in both Snore and the tunnel.

ctrph8  (D License)

Jan 31, 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #6 of 7 (892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Squeak] Freefly Coaching West Coast - any suggestions re: coach/DZ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm heading to Eloy in a few months for exactly the same thing. Since there are so many excellent flyers around, who would you suggest as a freely coach there? More specifically, on top of being an excellent skydiver, who is really good at teaching?

Thanks & BS!
or

Squeak  (E 1313)

Feb 1, 2012, 1:05 AM
Post #7 of 7 (866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ctrph8] Freefly Coaching West Coast - any suggestions re: coach/DZ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm heading to Eloy in a few months for exactly the same thing. Since there are so many excellent flyers around, who would you suggest as a freely coach there? More specifically, on top of being an excellent skydiver, who is really good at teaching?

Thanks & BS!

or
Dude seriously ALL the coaches at Eloy are great in both tunnel and sky. you cant go wrong there.
They have some teaching style differences, but i cant help you with that aspect.
I would highly recommend, Steve Curtis, Josh Mitchell, Jon Walker or Mike Freidman

Forums : Skydiving Disciplines : Freeflying

Search for (options)